Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Risen from the sea vs Mag the mighty

- - - - -

Best Answer colonialbob , 20 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

No, your opponent will not have to choose a kill a character for Mag's ability.

Mag the Mighty:

Forced Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Mag the Mighty is participating, choose and kill a character you control. Then, the losing opponent chooses and kills a character he or she controls.

RRG entry for Saves:

When a card is saved from an effect that attempts to remove that card from play, the card remains in play as the effect resolves and is not considered to have been killed, discarded, or otherwise removed from play by the effect.

RRG entry for The Word "Then"

If the pre-then aspect of an effect does not successfully resolve in full, the post-then aspect does not attempt to resolve.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

If I save a greyjoy character I own and control with my risen from the sea from Mag the Mighty, do my opponent have to chose and kill a character he own?

Since save is different from cancel and since, well, risen from the sea can do the **** it wants (http://www.cardgamed...-the-sea/page-2) I dont see why saving from 1st kill should prevent the 2nd one.

colonialbob

colonialbob

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
✓  Best Answer
No, your opponent will not have to choose a kill a character for Mag's ability.

Mag the Mighty:

Forced Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Mag the Mighty is participating, choose and kill a character you control. Then, the losing opponent chooses and kills a character he or she controls.

RRG entry for Saves:

When a card is saved from an effect that attempts to remove that card from play, the card remains in play as the effect resolves and is not considered to have been killed, discarded, or otherwise removed from play by the effect.

RRG entry for The Word "Then"

If the pre-then aspect of an effect does not successfully resolve in full, the post-then aspect does not attempt to resolve.

• istaril likes this