Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wookie Champion + Dice Ibegon

Best Answer TheNameWasTaken , 28 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Defenders forced by Telepathic Connection and Interdictor are declared during the declare defenders step (source: http://www.cardgamed...-11#entry258973), and there is no reason for Wookiee Champion to work differently. With Dice, there is no declare defenders step after you've declared attackers, so the Champion does nothing.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tarjan

Tarjan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Dice Ibegon

Character. Force Sensitive.
Interrupt: When you would declare an engagement, target an eligible enemy objective instead. Your opponent must declare defending units first, if desired. You must then declare at least 1 attacking unit, if able. Engage the targeted objective. (Limit once per turn.) 

Wookie Champion 

Character. Wookiee.

Edge (1).
While this unit is damaged, it gains: “
Reaction: After this unit is declared as an attacker, a target enemy unit must declare as a defender for this engagement, if able.” 

Let's say i trigger Dice Ibegon, DS defends, then I choose Wookie champion as an attacker. May I force one more DS unit to defends engagement ?

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
✓  Best Answer

Defenders forced by Telepathic Connection and Interdictor are declared during the declare defenders step (source: http://www.cardgamed...-11#entry258973), and there is no reason for Wookiee Champion to work differently. With Dice, there is no declare defenders step after you've declared attackers, so the Champion does nothing.

• punkeedo likes this

Kryptofis

Kryptofis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

I don't understand this answer, can you go through it step by step, plz?

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

As per official clarification (http://www.cardgamed...-13#entry320440), this is the sequence of events when you use Dice's ability:

1) Declare target objective

2) Opponent may declare defenders

3) Declare attackers

4) Action window

5) Edge battle

This replaces the usual steps, and there is no Declare defenders step after attackers have been declared. According to the clarification I linked previously, forced defenders are still declared during the Declare defenders step instead of immediately after resolving the reaction. If you declare Wookiee Champion as an attacker, there won't be a Declare defenders step anymore this engagement (because there is only one, and it has already happened), so the targeted unit will not be forced (or able) to declare as defender.

Spelling this out does bring two questions of my own to mind, though:

1) In this situation, can the Champion trigger his reaction even though it will do nothing, or does the FAQ stop it from being triggered at all?

2) If the Champion is allowed to trigger the reaction, what happens if he targets an Imperial Raider and LS wins edge? Is the DS player forced to trigger the Raider's reaction?

• Lertush likes this

Kryptofis

Kryptofis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Ok, that makes it more clear, thx!