Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rebel Saboteur VS. Spice Trade

Best Answer Lertush , 12 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

Forced Interrupt is still triggered ability, so it's effect can be canceled with Rebel Saboteur. In such case objective should go to the LS player's victory pile.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Saibot

Saibot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Hi there!

Rebel Saboteur: Interrupt: When an opponent triggers an ability on an in-faction card he controls, spend 1 resource and discard this unit from your hand to cancel that ability’s effects. 

Forced Interrupt: When this objective is destroyed, remove it from the game instead of placing it in the light side victory pile. 

Maybe the trick is in Spice Trade being Forced, but... can I make it go to my victory pile with a Rebel Saboteur as long as my rival is playing Scum faction?

Thanx!

Lertush

Lertush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
✓  Best Answer

Forced Interrupt is still triggered ability, so it's effect can be canceled with Rebel Saboteur. In such case objective should go to the LS player's victory pile.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3787 posts

Good find.  This is my new favorite use of the Rebel Saboteur!

• medfreeman, pantsyg and Saibot like this

Saibot

Saibot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Thank you both!

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

So I ruled this wrong as I usually do, eventually thinking the 'When an opponent triggers...' text on Saboteur wouldn't work here. I understand Spice Trade is an ability per rules, but couldn't convince myself that a certain player triggered it since it's forced and mandatory. 

I'll check some docs, but if anyone has something concrete, please share.

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

From the FAQ:

(4.13) Triggered Abilities

Action, Reaction, and Interrupt abilities are known as Triggered Abilities. Such an ability is used when a player optionally initiates it at a specific moment in the game.

If the word “Forced” precedes a triggered ability, the ability’s initiation is mandatory.

This is the only part of the FAQ that is relevant here - nothing states that the game itself triggers forced abilities (unlike in Thrones, I believe). Since there is nothing to state that, and the forced abilities are parts of cards controlled by players, the logical inference (to me, anyway) is that players trigger forced abilities.

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Yeah, you're right, thanks. I was confusing this game with others where 'the game' is alive and doing stuff.