Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New clan pack: Disciples of the Void

Phoenix

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

FFG have announced the first clan pack, which in their words "Somewhere between a Dynasty Pack and the deluxe expansions found in our other Living Card Games®, this Clan Pack contains 78 new cards (three copies each of twenty-five different cards and one copy each of three different cards)."

https://www.fantasyf...es-of-the-void/

l5c08_anc_card-fan.png

l5c08_kaito_kosori.png

l5c08_katanoa_of_fire.png

l5c08_fushicho.png

l5c08_kyuden_isawa.png

l5c08_yogo_kikuyo.png

No date or price at this time.

• Asklepios and Caldera like this

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts

It also mentions a new Role in the text of the article, which has me very intrigued. I guess that, the SH and...something else(?) are the one-ofs?

There are some seriously interesting cards in that article.

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Yeah, I am curious what the third one-off is, with the same assumptions.

The art for Yogo Kikuyo doesn't feel like it fits to me. The other FFG feels more realistic or artistic, she is more anime styled than I would expect.

Also, when I showed a friend of mine who played AGoT 1e L5R he said that Phoenix reminded him of Martell. The flavour text on Kaito Kosori REALLY reinforces that...

sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
The new role will be Phoenix exclusive like Thrones House agendas, I assume.

The third single will be either Phoenix only province or another 1/deck holding. I hope the former as why do they persist with this 1/deck high variance high power nonsense?

Fushicho, Tadaka and Tsukune - the premiere Charge clan is Phoenix now.

Very happy to see a 1-cost Shugenja (Touch, Storm) in the key ring for Phoenix, Fire. Looks similar to Artisan in design as a bow whilst at home ranged effect, throwing fire. Which is great for Water ready.

Kyuden Isawa needs draw and discard - I suspect we might get "pitch cards" (e.g. the Initiate bows and discards a card to add 4 Military to a character, an upgrade on Artisan but costs a card). Currently with the enablers we have, the new SH looks weaker but expect support in the pack.

Wonder how much 18 more cards will cost...

windforce

windforce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Well the FFG website tells us that this pack costs $ 19.95

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Well the FFG website tells us that this pack costs $ 19.95

Somehow I missed that :s

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
Looks pretty cool. Isawa Tadaka the premier Phoenix fan boy character of all time is printed. He better be an earth shugenja or this game is invalid.

A little sour that every clan gets a direct counter. But overall I'm pretty happy as this is the kind of phx I want to play. Shiba Tetsu!

It will take more than this sneak peek to leave old stronghold + haughty though.

Mostly I'm intrigued at the new role. I hope the game allows use of it and is not hampered by the mandatory seeker/keeper selection.(worst thing about new5r)

DaringDo

DaringDo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I am pretty excited for this expansion as a Phoenix clan player. I have to wonder though if this means if we will have regular deluxe expansions or not. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phoenix