Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post-Apocalyptic Thread: We will rebuild

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

POPULAR

UPDATE: 2.1.18:
Votes have bee counted.
New council is as follows pending their acceptance of the commission:
dbmeboy - Accepted. Twice FWIW.
Kiramode - Accepted
Jarratt - Accepted
Macrauri - Accepted
Greedoshotfirst - Accepted
Yodaman - Accepted
Letux - Accepted.
FullyOps - Accepted
JackofHearts - Declined
Donovan - Accepted

Alternates: medfree

There were 3 misc. votes for "European" player which have been tallied to Fully Ops for now as he was the leading European vote getter.

Edit:
Topics to be addressed initially include:
Selection of a Chairman
MTFBWY
Tarkin ruling
Damage dealt v. Damage assigned
Spark
new website w deckbuilder for "approved" cards
Former Champions getting their card designed
legality of making new cards, website, continuing the game* (What can we do without retaliation from The Mouse)
Rotation schedule
New Core?
Assigning a delegate in each geographic location to coordinate and promote events/tournaments

Edit/ edit: agreed about increased numbers to include a more regional approach. Voting number changed to 9. Please edit posts to reflect your new candidates.

Edit: Members are voted in! Will likely wait until post FAQ /worlds before any changes/ new content, etc.
  • Muddervader, Rio, yodaman and 12 others like this

Muddervader

Muddervader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
My list:
Dbmeboy
Greedoshotfirst
Letux
Kiramode
Jarratt
Yodaman
Macrauri
  • yodaman likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

I'm on the list! I love this idea, but my personal list is like 20 deep. I think the ideal group is actually smaller than that. 

I think the game has two basic things that need to be monitored:

1 ) Overpowered cards

2 ) Problematic rulings & mechanics

My list for the Cabal is like 20 deep, but all the people involved are with regards to overpowered cards. There's a lot of people I want on the team to keep power creep in check. We don't want cards that are toxic for the meta. I also believe I should be on this team.

But part 2 is where the group dwindles in size. And I think this is the most important part. Coming up with correct rulings and erratas is easier said than done. There's only 3 guys I can think of that I REALLY want on this team:

- Jarratt

- Dbmeboy

- Davflamerock

My ideal structure would see this very small team(possibly with 1-2 extras, possibly trim the size down to 2) and then an outer rim of informants. That way you can get input from highly regarded community members but ultimately have a select few to make the decision.

• yodaman and Eggzavier like this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

I'm on the list! I love this idea, but my personal list is like 20 deep. I think the ideal group is actually smaller than that. 

I think the game has two basic things that need to be monitored:

1 ) Overpowered cards
2 ) Problematic rulings & mechanics

My list for the Cabal is like 20 deep, but all the people involved are with regards to overpowered cards. There's a lot of people I want on the team to keep power creep in check. We don't want cards that are toxic for the meta. I also believe I should be on this team.

But part 2 is where the group dwindles in size. And I think this is the most important part. Coming up with correct rulings and erratas is easier said than done. There's only 3 guys I can think of that I REALLY want on this team:
- Jarratt
- Dbmeboy
- Davflamerock

My ideal structure would see this very small team(possibly with 1-2 extras, possibly trim the size down to 2) and then an outer rim of informants. That way you can get input from highly regarded community members but ultimately have a select few to make the decision.

I'm not sure Tyler cam be a part of this 'officially '... now having him as a silent partner....

I completely agree and think that people should nominate people that have a balance of skills in different areas. You point out already that dbmeboy and jarratt are rules gurus, you and yodaman provided content and can help organize tournaments, members like letux and mick are players that I have seen play every affiliation well and can likely help balance and design.

After we establish this council, other things can be delegated like new play testers, card changes, reverse rulings, etc.

I would highly encourage people to vote in along this line of thinking, but feel free to vote how you choose.

• yodaman and kiramode like this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts
Personally I nominate

Dbmeboy
Jarrett
Greedo
Letux
Kiramode (youre going to break the cards anyways ;))
Fullyops
Mick
Jackofhearts
DarthBS

Edited to make 9
  • yodaman, kiramode and darthbs like this

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

This is an interesting idea.  It's criminally hard to pick only seven people, but I think maybe:

Jarratt

Kiramode

dbmeboy

Yodaman

RoyalAegis

MasterJediAdam

Letux

• yodaman likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts
Can we have a strict NON old EU policy?
  • Rio likes this

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Or maybe we can be all inclusive?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3884 posts

I agree... no votes for people who were part of the old EU.  :D

I'll have to think about who I'm going to vote for, but in the mean time, pinning the post.

• doctormungmung and Rio like this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Thanks Matt.

• dbmeboy likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3884 posts

Might I propose spamming links to this around the various community sites?  Want to make sure we get participation from across the community and while this is the most active/largest "gathering" of players, there are still people who don't post here at all (hence why I still check the FFG forums for rules questions on occasion).

• Rio and yodaman like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Great idea. I for one welcome our new SW:LCG overlords!

Kiramode

Greedoshotfirst

Dbmeboy

Letux

FullyOps

Yodaman

Macrauri

Edit: With the council expanded to nine members, I'd like to add:

Jarratt

JackofHearts

• yodaman likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

I forgot Tyler is is made man now.

• yodaman likes this

DarthCusm

DarthCusm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I would like to throw perichoresis31 in the discussion. He knows the rules, and he is a great guy to boot, a newer player so he doesn't have all the noteriety of some others I. The community.

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Edited to move to 9 people

I'm not sure who all of the usernames are, or where people are located. I think its good to include people from the different meta areas, Minneapolis, Texas, new York, the awkward Illinois, Indiana, Ohio spread out meta, UK, Poland maybe? Other European influence would be good, and a token Kiwi.

Hard to narrow down, but I think
1 Fully ops
2 Jarratt
3 Letux
4 Macrauri
5 Dbmeboy
6 Kiramode
7 Yodaman
8 Codameron (or another nyc person)
9 I don't know usernames for European continent members, but one of those that are interested

If a meta isn't represented there, add one, and add another European player. The different meta inclusions will definitely help when it comes to rulings, card choices finding broken things in any new cards, etc.

My opinion anyway
  • yodaman and kiramode like this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

I might add here that there are some fairly developed player communities out there that create their own content. I would recommend reaching out to some of them (or at least observing) how they organize, promote and create content.

For example, the Player's Committee for the Decipher SW game has a number of "advocates," each leading a small team in a particular lane of effort:

- Design

- Marketing

- Communication

- Tournaments

- Rules

I believe there is a lot of goodness in not recreating the wheel, especially in a transition, and I also like the idea of us coming together rather than fracturing if we want to continue the game after it is discontinued by FFG.

• dbmeboy, yodaman, Kryptofis and 3 others like this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts
In addition to creating a player led FAQ I feel that brining together the various projects and fan made sets should be important too.

If the game is to thrive, even in a small community, it will need new content.

There are several approaches
-Text errata of old card while keeping the base cards in a set
-Overlay cards for sets which change more than just text. This is the approach the SWCCG Players committee did when keeping that game alive.
-New content

I think all are viable. I also think that like the player’s committee starting smaller is better. It’s great to have several communities want to make new content but ultimately do we all want to play the same game from the same pool of cards or do we want to play in our own smaller communities.

So I think bringing together and approving fan made stuff, setting up release schedules, should probably be part of the process.

I know I’m excited to see FullyOps’ set and the rest of the cards he has made, I know there are more out there in the pipeline too but different people have very different ideas on what is balanced and where the game should go.

I’m certainly grateful to be nominated and would absolutely love to be involved. I’m not going to be so self serving as to nominate myself again but don’t take that as me not wanting to help out. I definitely do.

FullyOps
Greedo
Kiramode
MacRauri
JackofHearts
Dmbeboy

And 2 Euro people at least. I don’t know those guys as well personally to nominate anyone but they are a huge part of the community and have a lot to offer, also they will get any new content first. So hopefully they will pipe up and nominate themselves.
  • Rio, yodaman and KappaGuy99 like this

KappaGuy99

KappaGuy99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I'm not sure who all of the usernames are, or where people are located. I think its good to include people from the different meta areas.

There should be representation of all major geographic areas.

I might add here that there are some fairly developed player communities out there that create their own content. I would recommend reaching out to some of them (or at least observing) how they organize, promote and create content.

I think this is a fabulous idea.  Learn from others' mistakes instead of making them yourselves.

In addition to creating a player led FAQ I feel that brining together the various projects...

UNITE.  The way this LCG stays living is to unite as much as possible.

I love that you folks are doing this.  You rock!

I'm honestly not well versed enough to know whom to vote for.

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2729 posts

I think this is a great idea.   I'm humbled and honored that my name has been mentioned by people to help out.  I really enjoy this game and would certainly be willing to do whatever I could to help it continue on even if it's in an unofficial manner. 

However, like Jarratt, there's no way I would feel comfortable nominating myself.  This community has been great since I found it many, many years ago and I'm still in awe of the great legendary players of this game who have gone on to great success at the highest levels for a long, long time.  I consider myself a padawan to the many masters that have been mentioned previously. 

There are so many great choices, it's really hard to narrow it down to 7, but I'll give it a try.  Here's my list of 7 nominees to help lead the way forward should they accept this as their destiny in no particular order.  They've all been active in the community for as long as I can remember and have made great contributions.  Although the list is a bit U.S. heavy, they do represent different areas and metas. 

Edited as requested by Greedoshotfirst.

Macrauri

Letux

Greedoshotfirst

Fullyops

dbmeboy

Jarratt

Kiramode

Donovan M.

medfreeman

May the Force Be with Us!

sdrewthomson