Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post-Apocalyptic Thread: We will rebuild

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

OP updated.

• Rio and yodaman like this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Letux 

Macrauri

FullyOps

DonovanM

Dbmeboy

Greedoshotfirst

Goldleader (runs the Chicago scene; previous experience designing Star Wars card games)

Normanh

I'd also vote for Kiramode, but first, I would want some sort of campaign promise to minimize game-ending infinite combos.  He plays a great game, and I don't mind big combos that blow up lots of units/objectives.  That being said, I would not want to see purposefully designed infinite-draw type combos included in future sets.   

I'm not campaigning per say, but I can promise this: I'm a really annoying person to have any design discussions with. I cry broken on a lot of stuff early. I also get really scared when I see a card I like. Know that Undercover and Leia are both cards that would not be made if I were the overlord. But neither would MTFBWY or most of the staple DS pods. Power level of pods would probably top out at Mara Jade and Dodonna. 

But then again, leave me in charge and the game has potential to be boring. As much as I like finding obscure ways to break the game, I don't like to encourage people of my ilk.

• DavFlamerock, yodaman and medfreeman like this

Revanari

Revanari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

You folks will do great.

https://media.giphy....FnSp2/giphy.gif

Edit *Not smart enough to embed gifs, apparently. 

• SmokeyJ, yodaman and Frtn like this

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

I just want to clarify that I have beef with infinite combos, not with Kiramode.  He's coo.

• yodaman and kiramode like this

nicko157

nicko157

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'am working on the templates of the cards, I can generate :

-Jedi Objectives
-Jedi Units
-Jedi Enhancements
-Jedi Event

-Sith Objectives
-Sith Units
-Sith Enhancements
-Sith Event

-Scum Objectives
-Scum Units

The text box are for exemple, the effects are not balanced, the quality is not good due to the upload:

https://servimg.com/view/11013312/375

• kiramode and GreedoShotFirst like this

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
Sith objective template is already done.
Thx, i'll answer your email soon, in a new job since tuesday, so pretty busy.
  • nicko157 likes this

nicko157

nicko157

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sith objective template is already done.
Thx, i'll answer your email soon, in a new job since tuesday, so pretty busy.

Tu bosses dans quoi maintenant ?

Ok j'attend ton email avec impatience ;-)

swtke

swtke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I've been gone for a while. What did I miss?
  • bbrodsky50 likes this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

I've been gone for a while. What did I miss?

FFG announced that the current Force Cycle will close out their support for SWLCG.

The community nominated a group of folks to work to build a player led community.

The community has begun offering assistance and suggestions on things that should be done.

• yodaman, GreedoShotFirst and bbrodsky50 like this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
update: all members are now accounted for
  • Rio, yodaman and Jarratt like this

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

JackofHearts declined?  What a shame.  I was hoping for some fellow gaymer representation. :(

RuleofTwo

RuleofTwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I like what we have for a dev team. I have no business doing any of that. But, if we need help with playtesting or running events, I'd be happy to assist. I love this game and hope we can keep the community going for a long while. 

• yodaman, GreedoShotFirst, bbrodsky50 and 1 other like this

Gamer257

Gamer257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Does anyone here have any pull with staff at FFG where we could possibly get the original card images like what they put out on http://ffgapp.com/qr/SWC01 ?  It would be nice to have those clear digitized images (for archival purposes, or whatever) since the game has been declared complete.  I've already got copies of those cards up through 'It Binds All Things'. 

After that they have the stupid watermarks on the images.  I get why they do it, but since the game has been declared complete now, I wonder if FFG would be kind enough to give us those images without the watermarks?  I mean, c'mon FFG, I've already spent literally hundreds of dollars for the cardboard.  Let us archive those images for posterity or if the community decides to build an online Star Wars The Card Game player to keep this awesome game alive!  How about you leave this community with a graciously "good note" and show us some love?

I've scanned all of my cards up through 'Trust in the Force'.  They can be found here ( https://drive.google...YqQ?usp=sharing ).  My scans don't look near as good as what FFG posts.  If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears.  I'm currently scanning them at 200 dpi, 24k color, and default exposure.  The scanner picks up the stupid cardboard "fibers" which give that weird "washed out" look to my images.  Frustrating.

And as an aside, if anyone is interested in FFG's Medium Jpeg images, I've collected them here ( https://drive.google...Qkn?usp=sharing ).

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3892 posts
I'm probably the closest person to having pull with ffg and I really doubt I can get anything... But I guess I can ask.

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I'm probably the closest person to having pull with ffg and I really doubt I can get anything... But I guess I can ask.

If you can ask for some promos as well, mainly falcon and Leia, I  would appreciate it a lot :D

Seems like your toxic, demanding difficult relationship soon will be over anyway, so what is there to lose :)

Gamer257

Gamer257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I thought they were going to remove the watermarks after the cards had been out six months, but obviously that never happened. A pattern of neglect we've all become accustomed to, unfortunately.

You know someone at FFG has those Star Wars LCG card images on their hard drive still. I was kind of hoping FFG would do our community a solid and release those card images to us. I'm not seeking to make any sort of profit here, but I would very much like to archive and preserve those original card images. I get the feeling FFG could care less about them, aside from reusing some of the art for Destiny.

I'm keeping my collection of Star Wars LCG and I'll be teaching it to my future grandkids way down the road someday. If I could figure out a way to get great looking hi-res scans of my cards, then I probably wouldn't care as much. If anyone has any tips on getting good hi-res scans with a HP DeskJet 2652, please hit me up as I'm all ears for some good tutoring on this matter.

Dbmeboy, since they know you and if you don't mind asking, I know some of us in the community would appreciate it! We won't know if we don't ask, right?
  • Frtn likes this

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

We won't know if we don't ask, right?

That's what I am talking about.
Can't wait for you, Leia ;)

(Just in case, No, I don't believe in it)

bmtrocks

bmtrocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

To be honest I'm not as embroiled into the hobby as most of you guys but I wish you guys all the luck.  I'll be around to pitch in my own thoughts and at least keep the discussion of this game alive, lol.  Looking forward to see what you guys do.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3892 posts
Somehow didn't see this request last month (must have clicked "mark read" erroneously). I can try, but my main ffg contact was Erik. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Gamer257

Gamer257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Somehow didn't see this request last month (must have clicked "mark read" erroneously). I can try, but my main ffg contact was Erik. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Eh, that's okay.  I finally got around to purchasing a new HP scanner/printer and I've worked out a way to finally get some decent hi-res card scans (600 dpi).  So I'll be re-scanning the entire complete collection for archival purposes.  It's gonna take a little bit, but once I'm finished I'll post them to my Google Drive with a link for anyone that would like to have them as well.

• yodaman, Thaliak and GreedoShotFirst like this