Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post-Apocalyptic Thread: We will rebuild

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

drel333

drel333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

no news?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3901 posts

no news?

We don't want to do too much before FFG is done running events (ie GenCon). Things are in the works.
  • yodaman, punkeedo and DarthCusm like this

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Anyone has some champion promos to spare?

drel333

drel333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

ok thanks

GalakFyyar

GalakFyyar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I don't know is nicko157 is still working on templates, but I does;)

Also, I think "Replacement" is the Will of the Force for us - we can tweak useless objective pods for be playable.

This is an example of what we can do:

kWerWBz.png

• scwont, Rio, Majestaat and 2 others like this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

That looks outstanding!

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
Yeah, if we go forward with new content Galak should be in charge of the template.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
Speaking of the council. Any updates pre Gencon? Or are we all going to have to wait until after?

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Galak, I love your work on the FFG boards, too!  I'd love to see more stuff from you.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
All right, it's after Gencon! Let's get some updates!

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Will be any option to get these custom made pieces of awesomeness into europe? And the ones that already exist as well?

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Hey! So now that we are post-FFG, I want to bring up a few discussions I want to have about the game. If these deserve their own threads, let me know. 

-Forced reactions and cancels - After a discussion with Brad at Gencon, I have been swayed to the side that forced reactions should not be cancelable by things like Distraction and Pilot Vader. A longer discussion is happening on the UK forums over this. It may be worthwile to bring it here. I will also say it may be a giant troll-fest and a tough conversation to have on a large scale. Fan the flames. 

-Replacement keyword / cards - I think these are awesome for player designed content, but currently horribly balanced. I think a real discussion needs to happen about where and when these cards should be allowed in other pods.  My first thought is that you must replace a card of identical affiliation to the replacement card, but this definitely deserves a deeper look. 

-Continued tournaments, community, prize support - I want there to be more tournaments, and I am sure NYC can still host a yearly "Empire Day" tournament and give out great swag. I hope this doesnt become a regional thing. Also, we could take a hint from Kiramode concerning online touraments. Needs more discussion. 

• punkeedo likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3901 posts

Hey! So now that we are post-FFG, I want to bring up a few discussions I want to have about the game. If these deserve their own threads, let me know. 

-Forced reactions and cancels - After a discussion with Brad at Gencon, I have been swayed to the side that forced reactions should not be cancelable by things like Distraction and Pilot Vader. A longer discussion is happening on the UK forums over this. It may be worthwile to bring it here. I will also say it may be a giant troll-fest and a tough conversation to have on a large scale. Fan the flames. 

-Replacement keyword / cards - I think these are awesome for player designed content, but currently horribly balanced. I think a real discussion needs to happen about where and when these cards should be allowed in other pods.  My first thought is that you must replace a card of identical affiliation to the replacement card, but this definitely deserves a deeper look. 

-Continued tournaments, community, prize support - I want there to be more tournaments, and I am sure NYC can still host a yearly "Empire Day" tournament and give out great swag. I hope this doesnt become a regional thing. Also, we could take a hint from Kiramode concerning online touraments. Needs more discussion. 

-As I indicated over in the facebook discussion, the Forced Reaction/Interrupt rules are not currently causing enough of an issue for me to support a rules change.  They've been cancel-able since Edge of Darkness (via Over My Dead Body) and that's a long time of rules precedent to change without an actual balance issue.  *This is my opinion and does not necessarily represent Council opinion.* 

-Council has plans for the champion cards, stay tuned.  Going forward, it's relatively unlikely we will use Replacement as is to create new cards, but we might consider an altered version where there's a specific card in a specific set a card replaces.

-Also stay tuned for OP announcement from the Council.  I'm not personally involved in the OP sub-committee, so I'll leave it to them.

• yodaman, sdrewthomson and punkeedo like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I'm not sure we're entirely post-FFG yet even though there aren't any other official U.S. tournaments.  Aren't there still a few other national tournaments scheduled to take place in Europe in the next month or so?  I've seen posts about a UK nationals and French Nationals that have yet to take place and they appear to be official FFG sponsored events.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3901 posts

I'm not sure we're entirely post-FFG yet even though there aren't any other official U.S. tournaments.  Aren't there still a few other national tournaments scheduled to take place in Europe in the next month or so?  I've seen posts about a UK nationals and French Nationals that have yet to take place and they appear to be official FFG sponsored events.

I think SWLCG is getting a side event at UK Nationals, but not a championship?  No idea about French Nationals.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I think SWLCG is getting a side event at UK Nationals, but not a championship?  No idea about French Nationals.

Guess I didn't read the UK announcement closely enough.  I thought since it was posted on that UK LCG FB page it was nationals for the LCG as well as other games, but I see what you referring to now.  Since it's a side event, does that mean it's not official?

Here's the link I saw to the French one.  Since I don't speak French, I can't tell if it's official or not. http://starwarsjce.f...ptembre-annonce

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
Now the UK nationals are done, can we get an update on the status of this project? Or is all hope loss?
  • punkeedo likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Don't worry.  I'm pretty sure there is still hope. 

• punkeedo likes this

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

POPULAR

Éric Da Silva is, at last, after 2 second places, the 2018 French Champion.
He won against Adeptus, the European Champion in the final of a 25 people tourney, with 5 Swiss round and a double elimination top 8.

Now it’s Time for the community to take over!
Bring it on guys!!! ;-)
  • Crouton, scwont, dbmeboy and 8 others like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Congrats Eric!