Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Player Created Content

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Star Warriors

I would like to put in one place links to all of the active player created content. If you know of a site, blog, vlog, youtube channel, podcast, etc that still makes content, post it here. Of course, non-english material is also wanted!

• mindlessphilosopher and primvakt like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
Pinned.

tsgstarwars

tsgstarwars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Technically, my custom cards are "content"...  :) 

Are we going to do a separate thread somewhere for fan-expansions? That seems like a decent thing to have pinned at one point

(http://www.cardgamed...e-old-republic/ for shameless self promotion)

HistoryGuy

HistoryGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Are we going to do a separate thread somewhere for fan-expansions? That seems like a decent thing to have pinned at one point

I like this idea.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Technically, my custom cards are "content"...  :) 

(http://www.cardgamed...e-old-republic/ for shameless self promotion)

I'm not necessarily opposed. But I don't want to end up with an excessive number of pinned posts.  Perhaps in the future we can have a dedicated sub forum for such things.

• MasterJediAdam likes this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

After some research, this is what I have found that is still active. Am I missing anything?

Holding all the cards (https://kiramode.wordpress.com/)

Fully Operational (https://www.youtube....ationalLCG/feed)

El Valle del Jedi (http://valledeljedi.blogspot.co.uk)

Antre du Wookie (http://www.antreduwookie.fr)

Yoda's Hut (https://www.youtube....gPkLTA/featured)

The list is getting pretty small.

I will start a second list for tools and Fan cards next.

• yodaman, tsgstarwars and mindlessphilosopher like this

tsgstarwars

tsgstarwars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

After some research, this is what I have found that is still active. Am I missing anything?

Holding all the cards (https://kiramode.wordpress.com/)

Fully Operational (https://www.youtube....ationalLCG/feed)

El Valle del Jedi (http://valledeljedi.blogspot.co.uk)

Antre du Wookie (http://www.antreduwookie.fr)

Yoda's Hut (https://www.youtube....gPkLTA/featured)

The list is getting pretty small.

I will start a second list for tools and Fan cards next.

PM me when that goes up and I'm more than happy to find the links to my stuff (SWTOR cycle and pixlr templates)

• yodaman likes this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I will be doing a print run for the Legends cycle that I have been producing (Featuring Tyler) and I plan to have them at worlds to give out. Anyone who would like one should let me know, and I can either send you a set or have it for you at Worlds. regardless, it would be really nice to have a headcount

• Rio, IAmBatman and tsgstarwars like this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

I will be doing a print run for the Legends cycle that I have been producing (Featuring Tyler) and I plan to have them at worlds to give out. Anyone who would like one should let me know, and I can either send you a set or have it for you at Worlds. regardless, it would be really nice to have a headcount

Isn't Andy's set going to be at worlds too? Lol

killmaimburn

killmaimburn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Hey man, if you want your cycle to be available for online players using TTS let me know and i can upload it to the mod. Unfortunately wont be at worlds myself this year but would have loved a physical copy :)

tsgstarwars

tsgstarwars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Hey man, if you want your cycle to be available for online players using TTS let me know and i can upload it to the mod. Unfortunately wont be at worlds myself this year but would have loved a physical copy :)

Any chance you could do the same for mine? :)

MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I have thematic ideas for a fan cycle, but I doubt I'd ever put enough work into it to fully flesh it out. It'd be called the Allegiances Cycle, and would focus on characters that switch from light to dark or vice versa, bit it in canon or other sources (if we can mix canons, why not include non-canon versions too?). Redeem the Fallen and Lure of the Dark Side would both return in these sets, and there would be sets focused on causing opposing cards to switch sides.

Some of the ideas I've had are:

Jedi Anakin Skywalker as a force ghost. Would reduce the cost of each Jedi event played. His set would also include his lightsaber, which would have a bonus when played on Luke or Leia. No, I'm not forgetting Mara.

Jedi Mara Jade.

Sith Luke Skywalker heavily inspired by the Dark Empire arc.

Sith Leia Organa taken from Infinities: A New Hope. Could be focused to destroy a captured card.

Imperial Navy Tycho Celchu.

Scum and Villainy Han Solo, representing when he worked for Jabba, this set would likely be a pilot and also come with the Millennium Falcon, and have an event called Kessel Run which would allow you to remove piloted units from battle in order to recoup resources.

Jedi Galen Marek and Sith Starkiller. Both versions would be able to attack non-participating Force Sensitive or Force User units. The Jedi version would contribute force icons to the struggle if committed if exactly 1 focus token is on them (and of course, if ready and committed as usual). Meanwhile, the Sith version would remove a focus token whenever a Sith event is played.

Jedi and Sith Yun, because seeing the seven incomplete is one of the biggest disappointments I have of seeing the game end.

Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy Brenn Tantor. I imagine both versions would boost their respective side's trooper units- perhaps give them Elite and "Action: You may move one focus token from a friendly Trooper unit to this unit (once per turn)."?

Sure, some are out of era, but they had Jedi Kyle Katarn and the Valley of the Jedi, and with all the Disney stuff leaking in the last two cycles, I don't think narrative is a major concern at this point.
  • tsgstarwars likes this

tsgstarwars

tsgstarwars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I have thematic ideas for a fan cycle, but I doubt I'd ever put enough work into it to fully flesh it out. It'd be called the Allegiances Cycle, and would focus on characters that switch from light to dark or vice versa, bit it in canon or other sources (if we can mix canons, why not include non-canon versions too?). Redeem the Fallen and Lure of the Dark Side would both return in these sets, and there would be sets focused on causing opposing cards to switch sides.

Some of the ideas I've had are:

Jedi Anakin Skywalker as a force ghost. Would reduce the cost of each Jedi event played. His set would also include his lightsaber, which would have a bonus when played on Luke or Leia. No, I'm not forgetting Mara.

Jedi Mara Jade.

Sith Luke Skywalker heavily inspired by the Dark Empire arc.

Sith Leia Organa taken from Infinities: A New Hope. Could be focused to destroy a captured card.

Imperial Navy Tycho Celchu.

Scum and Villainy Han Solo, representing when he worked for Jabba, this set would likely be a pilot and also come with the Millennium Falcon, and have an event called Kessel Run which would allow you to remove piloted units from battle in order to recoup resources.

Jedi Galen Marek and Sith Starkiller. Both versions would be able to attack non-participating Force Sensitive or Force User units. The Jedi version would contribute force icons to the struggle if committed if exactly 1 focus token is on them (and of course, if ready and committed as usual). Meanwhile, the Sith version would remove a focus token whenever a Sith event is played.

Jedi and Sith Yun, because seeing the seven incomplete is one of the biggest disappointments I have of seeing the game end.

Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy Brenn Tantor. I imagine both versions would boost their respective side's trooper units- perhaps give them Elite and "Action: You may move one focus token from a friendly Trooper unit to this unit (once per turn)."?

Sure, some are out of era, but they had Jedi Kyle Katarn and the Valley of the Jedi, and with all the Disney stuff leaking in the last two cycles, I don't think narrative is a major concern at this point.

These are awesome ideas! I love the ideas for Marek/Starkiller, and could also do the same for a rebel/imperial Juno Eclipse; same for Imperial Wedge/Hobbie/Biggs/etc. I also really ike the infinites Leia and DE Luke

You're also talking to the person who put Old-Republic Era Stuff in; most of these are in timeline  :)  I also debated a very similar mechanic/theme for all the KOTOR/KOTOR II Characters (since depending on playthrough a decent amount can go either light or dark based on Revan/Exile's choices and there's some that fit already like Bastila/Malak/Atton/Visas/etc.) and some sets that already did that (Kreia/HK) but never properly developed it since I never finished that big box

• MarioFanaticXV likes this

GalakFyyar

GalakFyyar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

kWerWBz.png

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Yun-cardb34dbb84a3e4312d.png

This is beautiful and I'd love to see more of your work.

GalakFyyar

GalakFyyar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

This is beautiful and I'd love to see more of your work.

Baze1.png

• Rio likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
These are the hotness. Baze is slightly OP IMHO, I think 5 hp is a bit much, and elite is too powerful especially with his ability to free himself up. Other than that it looks absolutely fantastic and I would love to see the "whole" set and everything else you've made.

GalakFyyar

GalakFyyar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

These are the hotness. Baze is slightly OP IMHO, I think 5 hp is a bit much, and elite is too powerful especially with his ability to free himself up. Other than that it looks absolutely fantastic and I would love to see the "whole" set and everything else you've made.

No no no, do not be confused – those cards not a “final product”, it is only a “technological demo”, an example for what we can do as community, to keep this Great game alive. If you like a visual component of those cards (I hope so), if you think quality is good enough, then we can move forward.

In addition, I want to repeat – I think “Replacement” keyword is the best way to make a new staff easily ant “tweak” many existed useless “pods”.

I have thousands of art images in my collection, which we can use as community effort proposal. Yun and Baze (as So Gerrera, Bodhi Rook etc.) are characters, which we obviously can see in the game, if it continues. Moreover, if FFG think that the game is “complete”, we can add them ourselves.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I’m from Germany ;))

dIKcJWB.jpg

• Rio likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

The template is excellent, great work!

Replacement may be something we use going forward, but it's going to be very difficult to actually test and balance the Replacement keyword.  Slotting a Replacement card into an underutilized set to make it usable is good... but that same card could instead be slotted into an already good set, making it even better.  

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

I like the art. The change from Smuggler to Neutral also makes sense.

"An unique" should be "a unique." Unique starts with a vowel, but it is pronounced with a consonant (the "y" in "yoo"), and pronunciation is what determines whether to use "a" or "an."

• GalakFyyar and TheNameWasTaken like this