Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legends Cycle at Worlds - Thank You All!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

KirdanKenobi

KirdanKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

I was very happy to see Corran Horn. I felt like FFG was leaving him out because somebody up top didn't like him. I was also happy to see more Kyle Katarn. Both the rebel and Jedi Kyle are a bit overcosted I think, given that the rebel Kyle lacks a 4th icon and the Jedi Kyle lack of keywords. Though I'm not sure what to make of his set mechanically, I'm was pleased to see C'baoth get a card. I appreciate the Wild Karrde's set's comboing with Calling in Favors. That set needed something to make it more viable in my opinion. Booster Terrick and the Errant Venture will be fun. In general, I liked seeing more pilot cards, especially with the bounty hunters. And finally seeing a Navy Dark Trooper phase 2 made my day. I didn't think the 8t88 or Wedge needed new sets though.

Are there any plans for another cycle in the future? There are more characters I'd like to see in this game.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

I was very happy to see Corran Horn. I felt like FFG was leaving him out because somebody up top didn't like him. I was also happy to see more Kyle Katarn. Both the rebel and Jedi Kyle are a bit overcosted I think, given that the rebel Kyle lacks a 4th icon and the Jedi Kyle lack of keywords. Though I'm not sure what to make of his set mechanically, I'm was pleased to see C'baoth get a card. I appreciate the Wild Karrde's set's comboing with Calling in Favors. That set needed something to make it more viable in my opinion. Booster Terrick and the Errant Venture will be fun. In general, I liked seeing more pilot cards, especially with the bounty hunters. And finally seeing a Navy Dark Trooper phase 2 made my day. I didn't think the 8t88 or Wedge needed new sets though.
Are there any plans for another cycle in the future? There are more characters I'd like to see in this game.

These cards are in an "open play testing" state now. They have a design team on the council so I will assume we will get another set. But please give feed back on these cards to show interest and keep them going. :)

KirdanKenobi

KirdanKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

These cards are in an "open play testing" state now. They have a design team on the council so I will assume we will get another set. But please give feed back on these cards to show interest and keep them going. :)

What's the best way/place to give feedback?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3884 posts

What's the best way/place to give feedback?

Best place to give feedback is in the pinned thread here.

The most valuable feedback is actual game results.  Feedback of concerns about cards/combinations without actual testing/game results can still be valuable though as it can give us or others an idea for something to test out.

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Any "leftover" sets? Otherwise bumped for those who would like to find the link to the pdf.

Hey, sorry no leftovers. The coordination effort to get the second print run for Gencon was difficult to say the least, and the extras I did have ended up changing hands at Gencon. I don't predict doing another print run either; I don't know what I would do with another 20-30 sets if I had them printed. 

The PDF's are still 100% available though! use those all you like

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Are there services that will print one or two copies and cut them out for people?

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Are there services that will print one or two copies and cut them out for people?

I use this for my other dead card games cards

https://www.makeplayingcards.com

However you need the files for each individual card. Not sure if that's something Colby has access to or can give easily.

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

However you need the files for each individual card. Not sure if that's something Colby has access to or can give easily.

I have them, but I do not condone printing these for any personal profit or gain. (Part of the reason I didn't upload them individually. I think). If you want the PNG's / PDF's of individual cards, hit me up in a PM. 

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

Is there a way to order these cards printed and cut like they're real Star Wars LCG cards?

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Is there a way to order these cards printed and cut like they're real Star Wars LCG cards?

Sorry bud, that ship has sailed. I did 2 print runs for these and now they're all gone. I don't plan on doing another. I know there are sites that you can get them done yourself (and I can provide you the necessary images if you's like). 

Gamer257

Gamer257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

I PM'd you Colby about getting the single card images. 

Are these considered stable and now a part of Council "Official Canon" or are these still in a "playtest" phase?  I'm just asking, because I mean to print myself a set through one of the above mentioned companies and I'd like to only print them once (meaning I'll wait if they are still in playtest).

StarWarsLCGCouncil

StarWarsLCGCouncil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

We are still in the process of testing the Legends cycle and considering feedback.  The Legends cycle was a fan developed set, but due to how widely distributed it is, the Council is testing it for adoption as an officially supported set.  Community feedback is important to help us know what changes, if any, are needed.  Thank you to everyone who has been testing and given feedback already.  At this point, please continue to test the cards as printed.  Should we decide changes are needed, we will certainly let everyone know. 

• jc1138 likes this