Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drowned God's Cudgel (spoiler alert: it works like we thought it does)

- - - - -

Best Answer colonialbob , 22 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

Yes, this works. The Cudgel is moved as an interrupt, so you are still in the same interrupt window after it moves and can trigger its ability again on the new character. Each character’s death is a separate triggering condition, so you could trigger the Cudgel’s ability once for each Drowned God character you control.

Danny Schaefer, 16.5.2018

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

colonialbob

colonialbob

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I have Aeron Damphair, Tarle the Thrice-Drowned, and a Priest of the Drowned God in play, with a Driftwood Cudgel on Damphair, and I am at 12 power. I reveal Valar Morghulis. Can I trigger the interrupt of the Cudgel to move it to Tarle (who gains a power), then trigger to move to the Priest (who gains a power), then trigger to move to Damphair (who gains a power), thus winning the game by reaching 15 power before the effect of Valar Morghulis resolves?

colonialbob

colonialbob

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
✓  Best Answer
Yes, this works. The Cudgel is moved as an interrupt, so you are still in the same interrupt window after it moves and can trigger its ability again on the new character. Each character’s death is a separate triggering condition, so you could trigger the Cudgel’s ability once for each Drowned God character you control.

Danny Schaefer, 16.5.2018

SergSel

SergSel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, so does it follow from here

Each character’s death is a separate triggering condition, so you could trigger the Cudgel’s ability once for each Drowned God character you control.

that if a player has several Drowned God characters and several Cudgels, he can trigger many cudgels for each killed charcter?

E. g. 4 charcters in play and 3 cudgels -> 12 interrupts or only 4?

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Hello, so does it follow from here that if a player has several Drowned God characters and several Cudgels, he can trigger many cudgels for each killed charcter? E. g. 4 charcters in play and 3 cudgels -> 12 interrupts or only 4?

Yes, this is correct.