Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Underhand of the Emperor

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

I would be quite interested in you Crab builds :-)

Eh, there's not much to it. Lots of 1-bidding after the first round, then all the usual suspects. 1 go the full 3 assassinate 3 wotc. I run 3 spreading the darkness as well and 3 kuni yori. As I'm running six 5-costers in the dynasty deck, Charge is the restricted card  of choice. Alliance cards are spyglass, iuchi wayfinder, gaijin customs.

Spoiler

Main problem opponent is Crane/dragon, who can Let Go the Spyglasses and event cancel the events. You'd think Scorpion would be equally problematic, but just doesn't seem to work out that way for some reason. I think it's possibly because Scorpion pulls both honour totals downwards, which then enhances Watch Commander and Guardian Kami.

Surprising numbers of games are won with Guardian Kami triggering Air ring on defence.

General tip of the day: if you're on 1 honor, and opponent has Keeper role and 2+ fate, don't attack on air.

• Caldera and SlaaneshDevotee like this

stevecat

stevecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

More updates/previews:

https://www.fantasyf...corpions-sting/

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

More updates/previews:

https://www.fantasyf...corpions-sting/

Now Scorpion Clan has their own Charge in From The Shadow. They can literally skip their Dynasty Phase and play their characters for free or almost free. 

stevecat

stevecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I think it's too early to tell if the comes into play dishonored part of From the Shadow is a boon or hindrance. While it does enable the stronghold use and the one ninja who actually benefits from being dishonored, most other shinobi previewed/released have 1 glory, so you're coming in at a loss, and you can't use a bunch of "Dishonor your personality" tech with them--so no From the Shadow Aramoro to then use his ability without some other cards first.

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Shinobi decks will likely have to use Illusionist to get rid of their dishonoured tokens, to allow their tricks to work.

Or, the more ridiculous approach which is to use Perfect Land Ethos to get rid of all status tokens, and hope it doesn't get cancelled...