Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Ruling] The Crow is a Tricksy Bird + Beneath the Bridge of Dream

- - - - -

Best Answer mplain , 13 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

My opponent plays The Crow is a Tricksy Bird and chooses my plot Valar Morghulis. During the next plot phase I play Beneath the Bridge of Dream and choose Time of Plenty at random. What plot do I have to reveal now, Valar Morghulis or Time of Plenty?

You will reveal Time of Plenty.

Tricksy Bird places a restriction on a player, requiring that player to reveal a particular plot if able. BtBoD replaces that player’s choice of which plot to reveal with a random choice. Once a plot has been chosen at random by BtBoD in step 1.2, that player is not able to reveal the plot chosen by Tricksy Bird, so the restriction does not apply.

Tricksy Bird says a player must *reveal* the chosen plot. Beneath the Bridge of Dream says you *chose* a plot at random. Technically chosing (step 1.2) and revealing (step 1.3) are different steps, and as far as I can tell nothing forces me to reveal the plot that I have chosen! (i.e. nothing technically makes me unable to reveal Valar)

Step 1.3 says: “The players simultaneously reveal each of the plot cards that were chosen during step 1.2 by turning those cards faceup.” The plot chosen in 1.2 is the one that is revealed in step 1.3—there is no mechanism by which a player can choose one plot in step 1.2 but reveal a different plot in step 1.3.

[Danny Schaefer, 13.06.2018] Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
My opponent plays The Crow is a Tricksy Bird and chooses my plot Valar Morghulis. During the next plot phase I play Beneath the Bridge of Dream and choose Time of Plenty at random. What plot do I have to reveal now, Valar Morghulis or Time of Plenty?

Tricksy Bird says a player must *reveal* the chosen plot. Beneath the Bridge of Dream says you *chose* a plot at random. Technically chosing (step 1.2) and revealing (step 1.3) are different steps, and as far as I can tell nothing forces me to reveal the plot that I have chosen! (i.e. nothing technically makes me unable to reveal Valar)

The Crow is a Tricksy Bird

Plot Action: Kneel your faction card to choose an opponent and look at his or her plot deck. Choose 1 plot in that deck. That player must reveal that plot as his or her next plot card, if able.

Beneath the Bridge of Dream

Interrupt: When you choose a plot card to reveal in the plot phase, instead shuffle your used pile into your plot deck and choose a plot card to reveal at random. Until the end of the round, increase the gold value on your revealed plot card by 2.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
✓  Best Answer

You will reveal Time of Plenty.

Tricksy Bird places a restriction on a player, requiring that player to reveal a particular plot if able. BtBoD replaces that player’s choice of which plot to reveal with a random choice. Once a plot has been chosen at random by BtBoD in step 1.2, that player is not able to reveal the plot chosen by Tricksy Bird, so the restriction does not apply.

Step 1.3 says: “The players simultaneously reveal each of the plot cards that were chosen during step 1.2 by turning those cards faceup.” The plot chosen in 1.2 is the one that is revealed in step 1.3—there is no mechanism by which a player can choose one plot in step 1.2 but reveal a different plot in step 1.3.

[Danny Schaefer, 13.06.2018]