Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Submit Deck Ideas using the Legends Cycle cards for Yoda's Hut Videos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2743 posts

Well, it's been awhile, but we know that people have gotten their hands on the Legends Cycle developed by CoDameron and the NYC crew and some of you even got to use them in the side tourney at Worlds.  We're looking for deck ideas to use with the cards on future Yoda's Hut videos so please suggest some here and we'll try them out!

• dbmeboy, Rio, Thaliak and 1 other like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Yes!! More content from Yoda's Hut incoming!

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts
2x Pilot IG
2x IG B
1x Pilot Fett
1x Doole
2x Might
2x Gladitors
1x Golan
1x DSSD

Make Chimera a droid and Illegally mod her. :) Or make a Golan a droid and mod that too.
  • yodaman likes this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I have the cards, but my deck building energy is going towards Gencon. Don't want to confuse myself until after that. I'm sure I'll have ideas after that's done.
  • yodaman likes this

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Personally, I'm looking forward to building decks that can abuse Jedi Reflexes, a one-cost event from the Legends set Concealed Heritage that allows a friendly Jedi unit to strike immediately after an edge battle resolves.

Jedi Affiliation
2 x Concealed Heritage
1 x Legends Emerge
1 x A Hero's Trial
1 x Forgotten Heroes
2 x May the Force Be With You
2 x Flight of the Crow
1 x A Hero's Journey

Concealed Heritage's objective can search for enhancements, so if it is on the opening flop, it will provide access to Jedi Temple. This deck needs the Jedi temple because it's full of expensive events and enhancements, including old friends such as Luke's Lightsaber and Jedi Mind Trick, as well as Legends-exclusives such as Jedi Reflexes and The Way of the Jedi, a two-cost enhancement from Legends Emerge that allows the Light Side player to take control of the enhanced unit after it is destroyed.

Speaking of destroying units, this deck has several ways to do that. These include pings from Trial Luke, targeted strike from Journey Luke, and high-gun units such as Yoda and the cycle's version of Kyle Katarn, who retains the original's three black guns. Kyle comes with a two-cost event that gives any character Targeted Strike in exchange for an extra focus token, which can be removed with May the Force Be With You. Ideally, that will put the opponent in an awkward position: Do they block and lose a unit to Jedi Reflexes, or play it safe and lose a unit anyway?

Unfortunately, the deck has a few weaknesses. While it has enhancements and objectives that grant edge bonuses, as well as a few ways to make edge less significant, it has no Twist, and many of its pips are on mains that need to hit the board. It also only has five enhancement resources, a shame given how expensive the tricks are, and only six units  with Elite (two copies of Yoda, two copies of the Moldy Crow, Obi and Trial Luke), so committing units to trigger May the Force Be With You may come at a high cost. However, I suspect it will be strong enough to be fun and occasionally brutal.

• Rio and yodaman like this

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Since no one else is offering suggestions, I'll present another Light Side deck:

Rebel Affiliation
2 x Veiled Rebellion
1 x Pushing Back the Empire
1 x A Hero's Trial
1 x Ties of Blood
1 x Trust in the Force
1 x Valley of the Jedi
1 x Watchers in the Wasteland

This deck is built around Veiled Rebellion, a Rebel-only objective that comes with two units who benefit from winning Force: General Garm Bel Iblis, a four-cost, three-pip, Elite leader with two black guns, a black bomb, a white tactic and a reaction that deals one damage any time Light Side wins Force; and Naval Strategist, a three-cost, three-health character with a black gun, a black bomb and a white tactics who draws a card whenever the Light Side wins Force.

Veiled Rebellion also comes with a non-limited resource that must be attached to an objective. The objective itself denies enemy units Elite, like Encounter at Stygeon Prime, but it only requires one damage to turn off. These two cards and the reality that Force is easier to win on the Light Side player's turn suggest the set wants to be in a defensive deck.

The new objective set Valley of the Jedi fits the deck's focus on playing a defensive game to win Force. It comes with two two-cost Jedi characters who have a black tactics, a useful icon on defense, and the ability to protect any unit committed to the Force, which might allow the Light Side player to expose Yoda to normally overwhelming odds.

The set's other draw is the two two-cost enhancements that contribute two icons to the Force struggle. While they're expensive and must go on objectives, they could make it difficult for the Dark Side to win Force on its turn, even with a solid board. They should also help bring Obi's wolf-like allies into play and trigger Valley's copy of The Force is My Ally, the deck's best answer to Dark Side players so cowed by the defensive wall that they sit back and build board.

Ties of Blood tries to keep that from happening by punishing the opponent for hanging back. Leia is a vulnerable unit, but that should be less of a downside than usual, for Veiled Rebellion comes with Reserve Forces, a zero-cost Rebel event that allows the player to bring someone into an engagement before the next strike window. In theory, that will allow the Light Side to use Leia's icons without exposing her to the enemy's unit damage. The event is even nastier when it is used with Yoda, You Seek Yoda to bring the green gunslinger into play after all enemy tactics have been resolved.

This deck looks fun, but with a high cost curve and no two-resource objectives or ways to cheat units into play, it is slow. Luke can one-shot an objective, but the only other two-bomb unit is Chirrut. To win, the deck needs to see General Iblis or double-strike with Cassian.

The deck also has few tricks beyond Seeds, which is so common that most players know to watch for it; two copies of Heat of Battle; a single Allies; a single Protection; and a Supporting Fire, which loses much of its teeth without Twist. Stunning Blow is nice, but it's only one card. Because the deck depends so much on board presence and has no recovery mechanism beyond My Ally Is the Force, I doubt it will do well against serious Dark Side decks. I'm hoping it will at least provide entertaining games against other slow decks.

• yodaman likes this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Since no one else is offering suggestions, I'll present another Light Side deck:

Rebel Affiliation
2 x Veiled Rebellion
1 x Pushing Back the Empire
1 x A Hero's Trial
1 x Ties of Blood
1 x Trust in the Force
1 x Valley of the Jedi
1 x Watchers in the Wasteland

This deck is built around Veiled Rebellion, a Rebel-only objective that comes with two units who benefit from winning Force: General Garm Bel Iblis, a four-cost, three-pip, Elite leader with two black guns, a black bomb, a white tactic and a reaction that deals one damage any time Light Side wins Force; and Naval Strategist, a three-cost, three-health character with a black gun, a black bomb and a white tactics who draws a card whenever the Light Side wins Force.

Veiled Rebellion also comes with a non-limited resource that must be attached to an objective. The objective itself denies enemy units Elite, like Encounter at Stygeon Prime, but it only requires one damage to turn off. These two cards and the reality that Force is easier to win on the Light Side player's turn suggest the set wants to be in a defensive deck.

The new objective set Valley of the Jedi fits the deck's focus on playing a defensive game to win Force. It comes with two two-cost Jedi characters who have a black tactics, a useful icon on defense, and the ability to protect any unit committed to the Force, which might allow the Light Side player to expose Yoda to normally overwhelming odds.

The set's other draw is the two two-cost enhancements that contribute two icons to the Force struggle. While they're expensive and must go on objectives, they could make it difficult for the Dark Side to win Force on its turn, even with a solid board. They should also help bring Obi's wolf-like allies into play and trigger Valley's copy of The Force is My Ally, the deck's best answer to Dark Side players so cowed by the defensive wall that they sit back and build board.

Ties of Blood tries to keep that from happening by punishing the opponent for hanging back. Leia is a vulnerable unit, but that should be less of a downside than usual, for Veiled Rebellion comes with Reserve Forces, a zero-cost Rebel event that allows the player to bring someone into an engagement before the next strike window. In theory, that will allow the Light Side to use Leia's icons without exposing her to the enemy's unit damage. The event is even nastier when it is used with Yoda, You Seek Yoda to bring the green gunslinger into play after all enemy tactics have been resolved.

This deck looks fun, but with a high cost curve and no two-resource objectives or ways to cheat units into play, it is slow. Luke can one-shot an objective, but the only other two-bomb unit is Chirrut. To win, the deck needs to see General Iblis or double-strike with Cassian.

The deck also has few tricks beyond Seeds, which is so common that most players know to watch for it; two copies of Heat of Battle; a single Allies; a single Protection; and a Supporting Fire, which loses much of its teeth without Twist. Stunning Blow is nice, but it's only one card. Because the deck depends so much on board presence and has no recovery mechanism beyond My Ally Is the Force, I doubt it will do well against serious Dark Side decks. I'm hoping it will at least provide entertaining games against other slow decks.

My deck is:

Rebels

2x MTWBWY

2x Qu Rahn

1x Valley of the Jedi

2x Winter

2x New Jan Ors

1x Veiled Rebellion

You have Winter to even more abuse winning Force Struggle and Infiltration for tempo. Also there is non-limited 0-cost enhancement that can only be used during conflict phase, but it is great with events like Infiltration(into Qu Rahn!) and YYSY, Force Rejuvenation.

I tried this new Rebel sets with Resourceful Survivors and it is also fun.

• yodaman and Thaliak like this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
Navy:

2x The Empire's Elite 
2x Training Procedures
2x The Hunters Flight
2x The Long Pursuit (4-Lom, Zuckuss, Mist Hunter, Stay On Target)
2x Pursuing the Bounty(Ig-88, Ig-2000, Segnor's Loop, non-limited 1/1 resource)

6 resources(4 pilot resources 2/1), 14 pilots, 14 vehicles, 6 SoT - have fun with Boba ;) and Scum pilots on TIE Fighter Patrol 
I don't know how TIE Fighter Patrol works with 2 pilots!

Navy:

1x Sabotage in the Snow
2x Imperial Entanglements
2x Endor Entrapment
2x Might of the Empire
2x Private Death Commandos (Ruhk, resource 1/1, Noghri, ToO)
2x Palleon's Plan (shield Tie, Palleon, 2/1 resource, Protection)

Win contested edge battles to bring 2-cost units for free. Use shields for Palleon and blasts. TS Noghri with IE for extra gun.

Scum/Sith refresh

2x The Emperor's Web
2x Engineered Suffering (Evir, tactic chud, Plague, Virusx2)
1x The Emperor's Shadow
2x Masterful Manipulation
2x Hive of Scum and Villainy(+Aurra Sing +It's Beautiful)
1x Unsavory Contacts

Play Bounty at the end of the conflict, return it with chud from discard pile. Use Masterful Manipulation to find Engineered Suffering.

SS/Rebel 7 cards:

2x TDoY4
2x Rogue SQ Assault
2x The New Republic's Finest (Wedge, Rogue Leader, resource 2/1 Stay on Target)
2x That Bucket o' Bolt
2x Breaking the Blocade
2x Wraith From the Sky(Garik, Kell, resource 2/1, Wraith SQ X-wing)

Play pilots on Vehicles and destroy objectives ;)

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Hey!

Sorry to be weighing in late on this, but I do have a few decks to try out. 

My favorite sets in the cycle are the smuggler sets that play with money - Bargaining for profit and Under the Radar. The cargo hauler is a monster and legitimate business is a really fun economy card. The deck that I made pairs them with Cassian, because I think his set really appreciates having the extra money around, and Talon Karde, as most of the sets are designed to go together. I have 2 variants:

Rebel Afiliation

2 under the Radar

2 Bargaining for profit

2 Calling in Favors

2 Asteroid Sanctuary

2 Pushing back the Empire (Cassian)

This deck is trying to abuse the money ramp that comes with karde, business, and the Falcon itself and use strong 4/5 cost units to win. Fun and strong. However, if you want to go into 6/6 with Rebel, you have to cut some of the value yellow pods. I think Bargaining is the odd man out, but you end up grabbing new Jan Ors in its place. 

6/6 smuggler / rebel
2 under the radar

2 asteroid sanctuary

2 calling in favors

2 pushing back

2 covert operation (new Jan)

2 flex rebel pods (GA Mothma, Dodonna, Borsk, Hera, cracken)

The deck ends up holding tons of cards and money up into the conflict phase which is great for bamboozle, Jan, and Cassian's whole pod. Don't sleep on under the radar, as its objective lets you hedge freely and helps refresh guest quarters and your 2 money objectives. The idea of the smuggler pods is to see money and focus in a different way, and I think that between Cassian and Karde, this deck achieves that. 

• Boreas and yodaman like this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

As for the dark side, I think there is a ton of room to add to existing decks, especially in Sith with Jorrus and Ysanne. Honestly, the comments about greedo's pod playing bounty with Evir are not too concerning until you decide to replace half of Greedo's pod with the champion cards. Oh well, those cards are busted anyway. 

My favorite archetypes to be flushed out with the Legends cards are the scum pilots (which are strong in almost any combination of them, boba, xizor, and friends), and the force hunters (which take a little more finesse). The force hunters sort of play like a more aggressive version of Josh's Nova 2017 Navy troopers deck, where the swings are bigger, but the cooldown because of being committed hits harder. They have tons of removal but I haven;t struck the right balance with defense myself. Ysalimari are definitely a great addition to the pod, as the no-unit utility compliments the high unit counts of trooper and krennic pods. 

The deck I have been working with highlights palleon and his intended synergies with the chimera in making a defensive shielded board:

6/6 scum / navy
2 palleon's plan

2 might of the empire

2 endor entrapment

2 masterful manipulation

2 patrolling the wastes (klaatu)

2 pursuing the bounty (pilot IG88)

The sets were designed before I knew about the scum shield set, and man is that a natural pair for palleon. I typically pair that shielding and health upgrade with gladiators, as more health, shields, and icons is what they always need. Pallaeon just provides more support and consistency to that plan. Then, adding the IG2000 gives you more reward for winning edge battles, while also being an all-black icon ship to shove in with palleon's ability. Also, gladiators are natural holders of Inertial dampeners, letting them draw cards in multiple edge battles a turn. The dark side having damage manipulation and 4 protections with this high edge wall is very difficult to fight into and really gets strong in the mid game after setup. It is still weak on the force and has very limited targeted removal, so it is mostly a waiting game where you try to keep the force enough to win with a big tractor beam play. Hope you don't see the Crow, because that whole pod fights this deck in a tough way. 

KirdanKenobi

KirdanKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Sorry to come to this party late, but does anybody have any ideas for a trooper deck using The Dark Trooper Project and the new Advanced Designs objective? I have a trooper deck already but, ironically, the only pod I can see taking out of it is the Dark Trooper Project, which seems rather important to have in there if you want to use Advanced Designs.

My existing deck is

Navy

Family Connections x2

The Emperor's Legion x2

Immeasurable Power x2

Imperial Command x2

The Dark Trooper Project x2

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Sorry to come to this party late, but does anybody have any ideas for a trooper deck using The Dark Trooper Project and the new Advanced Designs objective? I have a trooper deck already but, ironically, the only pod I can see taking out of it is the Dark Trooper Project, which seems rather important to have in there if you want to use Advanced Designs.

My existing deck is

Navy

Family Connections x2

The Emperor's Legion x2

Immeasurable Power x2

Imperial Command x2

The Dark Trooper Project x2

I love the Force troopers and they really play as we intended them to. They are incredibly fast and aggressive, but lose the whole game to a bad edge battle. Glass cannon all the way.

The tricky pod to include with the deck is Mohc. I am of the opinion that he both fits the deck well, but doesn't provide any tools to the deck that it didn't already have. I am very parital to Krennic in here for the well needed money and tactics icons. And extending from Krennic, now that we have a ton of bodies that are bulky and cost 3, the new Yslaimiri pod slots right in too. That pod has been helpfuul in finding the money it needs and holding the force against more troublesome yoda/force decks.

Other honorable mentions are Tarkin (as always) and reserve troopers. Turns out that they are still 3 cost units with 4 black icons and targeted strike. Incredibly powerful with Deadly weaponry for the double strike effect. 

The imperial engineer pod is so strange in the deck, because it comes with the money and the armor and the double strike event, but most of the tools there become unnecessary. However, finding the enhancement that prevents damage redirection is OP in some matchups (see rebel Cap ships). the pod is probably fine as a 1x, but who really knows. An unexpected all-star of the deck is the Advanced Designs objective (which you probably have as a 2x) to commit your units at action speed. The deck has become really flexible and I think that with these pods, there are multiple trooper builds with totally different focuses.

I still haven't figured out the build that splashes into scum for Bane and force hunters or the one that splashes into GA palp, Red Dark Troopers, and even fate Vader. I think that Fate Vader needs to hang out with Zsinj or something. There are a ton of ways to take troopers now that they can actually do cool things with the force. 

My personal favourite card here is "Successful Demonstration" and specifically the force flip that comes with it. Something about that card is so rewarding and feels so dirty to get a new hand and just flip the force back over. 

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Yay, more Yoda's Hut!

I really like Boreas's idea for the deck with Core Palpatine.  I love seeing him in decks after so long; it really is a testimony to how great Core Sith was.