Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fighters, speeders, fleet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I would like to ask if now, when the game is "complete" anyone has some decent decks build around speeders/fighters or some capital ships?

Any crazy innovations with Support of the fleet? (wish to have more time to tinker with it personally :/ )

Is rebel capital fleet still viable in your area guys?
Maybe some jedi speeders? (or even better, rebel)

Or maybe someone has some successes with Fighters ?
( I am very interested in both, LS and DS. Maybe someone tried already scum/empire fighters and got good results)

So, anyone has some machine like this and considers it successful?

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

LS: The strategy of using Well Paid to barf out units is still pretty solid. Just be weary of Moment of Triumph and any other board wipes.

x2 Well Paid, RSXW, DOY4, Heroes of the Rebellion, Endor Ackbar

Has everything you need and nothing you don't (the B-Wings being free with Well-Paid is nasty).

The same idea can be adapted to 7-card reserve as well

x2 Well Paid, Sleuths, Dash (or Breaking the Blockade)

x2 RSXW, DOY4, Heroes of the Rebellion

Why Dash? I think HATC combos well into Well Paid/DOY4 and the objective is nuts with a swarm board. I miss the B-Wings, but at the end of the day there's simply more Rebel pods you want than Smuggler; is that worth having more reserve value?

DS: I can't say anything about Support the Fleet. I really love Capital Support but that's not the greatest of pods.

Black Squadron Fighters are still brutal but have high variance. Luckily that build suits itself to 7-reserve.

x2 Dark Defenders, Black Two, two Sith pods of your choice

x2 Baron Fel, Pilot Vader, the one annoying pilot guy

I think there's been a good chunk of people experimenting with refresh but honestly I don't know what those decks consist of. It's simple enough to axe one Sith and Navy pod to make that happen though.

Anything else outside of Black Squadron I can't really comment on either. I'm a huge fan of Scum/Navy 7-reserve and I've been saying for awhile that there's a fantastic core of x2 Xizor, Patrolling the Wastes, Chimaera and Gladiators that's waiting for someone to optimize it into a tier-1 deck. But, that person is probably not going to be me. 

• Frtn likes this

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I was trying to figure out 10 pod fighters deck with Dash.

Actually, I m pretty surprise I don't see Dash that much in lists provided in the forum, this pod gives huge value, srsly. even as addition to whatever deck you had, these 2 cards in crucial moment can be game changer, plus Dash is pretty solid by himself.

Reason I was trying to figure it out in 10 pods is DoY. 
Do you think it is worth to go for 12 and lower chance of Doy in the flop?
(Was thinking about 2x Well Paid, 2 Dash, 1 sleuth)

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Remember that the 5/5 split for Smug/Rebel is Rebel affiliation which means you can't play Well Paid with refresh in that scenario.

I'd think it's worth it though. More cards means more discounts and a higher chance to get more units out on your board per turn.

• Frtn likes this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Shhhhh on the fighters. Gencon is in the morning. I'll spill the details later
  • doctormungmung, pantsyg, IAmBatman and 1 other like this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Shhhhh on the fighters. Gencon is in the morning. I'll spill the details later

can’t wait to hear!

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Top decklists are already posted. Gosh... Power must be strong in me because I was thinking about very similiar idea(DS)  :D and asked just before gencon

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Top decklists are already posted. Gosh... Power must be strong in me because I was thinking about very similiar idea(DS)  :D and asked just before gencon

If you're referring to Colby's TIE deck... it's absolutely insane.  I love it.

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Seeing how well my tie deck did, I want to write up something longer and more formal about its ins and outs, but let me say that it is the most cohesive, complete, competitive tie deck I have ever seen or made. It addresses so many of the tie fighter's typical downsides and has so many strange tools for different matchups. It definitely goes 70/30 vs ewoks, and that was huge for me during the tournament. For now, I'll post my list here:

Navy/Sith refresh

2 superior numbers

1 empire's elite 

1 cloud cover

1 support of the fleet

2 black squad formation

2 dark defenders

1 emperor's sword (flex). 

I'll go into this real deep sometime later this week, but if you have any questions or things you want me to address specifically, let me know

• normanh, pantsyg, blackhalo23 and 2 others like this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

LS: The strategy of using Well Paid to barf out units is still pretty solid. Just be weary of Moment of Triumph and any other board wipes.

x2 Well Paid, RSXW, DOY4, Heroes of the Rebellion, Endor Ackbar

Has everything you need and nothing you don't (the B-Wings being free with Well-Paid is nasty).

The same idea can be adapted to 7-card reserve as well

x2 Well Paid, Sleuths, Dash (or Breaking the Blockade)
x2 RSXW, DOY4, Heroes of the Rebellion

Why Dash? I think HATC combos well into Well Paid/DOY4 and the objective is nuts with a swarm board. I miss the B-Wings, but at the end of the day there's simply more Rebel pods you want than Smuggler; is that worth having more reserve value?

DS: I can't say anything about Support the Fleet. I really love Capital Support but that's not the greatest of pods.

Black Squadron Fighters are still brutal but have high variance. Luckily that build suits itself to 7-reserve.

x2 Dark Defenders, Black Two, two Sith pods of your choice
x2 Baron Fel, Pilot Vader, the one annoying pilot guy

I think there's been a good chunk of people experimenting with refresh but honestly I don't know what those decks consist of. It's simple enough to axe one Sith and Navy pod to make that happen though.

Anything else outside of Black Squadron I can't really comment on either. I'm a huge fan of Scum/Navy 7-reserve and I've been saying for awhile that there's a fantastic core of x2 Xizor, Patrolling the Wastes, Chimaera and Gladiators that's waiting for someone to optimize it into a tier-1 deck. But, that person is probably not going to be me.

I hear the Xizor, Klaatu, Might, gladiator deck is a tier 1 deck now ;)
  • CoDameron and Frtn like this

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I hear the Xizor, Klaatu, Might, gladiator deck is a tier 1 deck now ;)

I still play mono scum with newest sets and xizor, making it really cool, aggresive deck but notice what you talk about. :) Seen it already, you seen maybe any scum navy fighters as well?

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Seeing how well my tie deck did, I want to write up something longer and more formal about its ins and outs, but let me say that it is the most cohesive, complete, competitive tie deck I have ever seen or made. It addresses so many of the tie fighter's typical downsides and has so many strange tools for different matchups. It definitely goes 70/30 vs ewoks, and that was huge for me during the tournament. For now, I'll post my list here:

Navy/Sith refresh

2 superior numbers

1 empire's elite 

1 cloud cover

1 support of the fleet

2 black squad formation

2 dark defenders

1 emperor's sword (flex). 

I'll go into this real deep sometime later this week, but if you have any questions or things you want me to address specifically, let me know

I've played a LOT of TIEs, and while my word doesn't necessarily hold a ton of weight I'd argue that this is the best optimized version you'll find out there. I was always obsessed with getting Guarding the Wing to work its wonders (and to be sure, it can be AMAZING when out) but it never really could accommodate the new pods coming out -- Support of the Fleet, Cloud Cover, Emp's Sword -- and it never really jived with Superior Numbers. This version solves the problems. I sincerely believe this could have been a worlds contender had it been discovered more quickly.

• CoDameron likes this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I sincerely believe this could have been a worlds contender had it been discovered more quickly.

I had this for worlds, but didn't have the confidence in it to run over force hunters. I played it in the fun tournament run by the Louisiana crew to good results (except against the swindled + new hope + freholders deck). It plays the game very strangely but is shockingly consistent. It's strong even when you flop 4 navy. 

• normanh likes this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

I had this for worlds, but didn't have the confidence in it to run over force hunters. I played it in the fun tournament run by the Louisiana crew to good results (except against the swindled + new hope + freholders deck). It plays the game very strangely but is shockingly consistent. It's strong even when you flop 4 navy. 

It was fun game ;)

• CoDameron likes this

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

I had this for worlds, but didn't have the confidence in it to run over force hunters. I played it in the fun tournament run by the Louisiana crew to good results (except against the swindled + new hope + freholders deck). It plays the game very strangely but is shockingly consistent. It's strong even when you flop 4 navy.

Dang, dude, I wish you had told me about it.

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Where can I post an article these days? I guarantee I went over the post limit. I could just link the google doc here?

Also, I pulled up my first article for this game, which was a tie deck pre-superior numbers. Re-reading through that, it's insane some of the thing I said back then and am saying again now. 

• Frtn likes this

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
Link to both!
  • CoDameron likes this

Frtn

Frtn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Where can I post an article these days? I guarantee I went over the post limit. I could just link the google doc here?

Also, I pulled up my first article for this game, which was a tie deck pre-superior numbers. Re-reading through that, it's insane some of the thing I said back then and am saying again now. 

Whatever solution you come with, article, pdf, doc file, whatever , just feel free to post here :)

Looking forward to it. 

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

OKAY! here it is. I tried to be as comprehensive as possible without getting rambly, so I hope you all like it. I'm leaving it as a Google Doc, so please feel free to comment throughout the article on things that resonate with you. 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Also, take a look at this other link to the first article I ever wrote on a deck back in summer 2014! It's fitting that the other deck is also a Tie deck from the ancient times. As a note, that deck maxed out when the next pod dropped with superior numbers (which replaced the two 1x pods). 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Hope you like them!

*Edit: I added pictures! Now it feels like its shorter and you know what cards I am talking about!

• scwont likes this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Great article! I remember getting wrecked by you and this TIE deck in the NOLA-organized tournament at Worlds. Not surprised that you managed to take it so far at Gen Con!