Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Ruling] King's Landing

- - - - -

Best Answer mplain , 04 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

1) Does King's Landing allow me to marshal locations from my discard pile into shadows? Same for Night Gathers and Tarle the Thrice-Drowned. Do faction-specific discounts apply to marshaling cards into shadows from discard/dead pile? (since the cards I marshal into shadows are in a visible game area.) Or do I take a card from a visible zone and show it facedown in step 0?

No. “Marshaling a card into shadows” is not the same as “marshaling a location” or “marshaling a character.” Basically, any effect that allows you to marshal a certain type of card or a card with a certain characteristic will not allow you to marshal a card into shadows.

2) My opponent controls King's Landing, and he marshals a location from his discard pile. I use Sea ***** to take control of King's Landing. Can I now marshal a location from my discard pile? I know limits and maxima are player-specific, but this card has neither.

Yes. The “once per marshaling phase” on King’s Landing is player-specific.

[Danny Schaefer, 04.09.2018] Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
1) Does King's Landing allow me to marshal locations from my discard pile into shadows? Same for Night Gathers and Tarle the Thrice-Drowned. Do faction-specific discounts apply to marshaling cards into shadows from discard/dead pile? (since the cards I marshal into shadows are in a visible game area.) Or do I take a card from a visible zone and show it facedown in step 0?

2) My opponent controls King's Landing, and he marshals a location from his discard pile. I use Sea ***** to take control of King's Landing. Can I now marshal a location from my discard pile? I know limits and maxima are player-specific, but this card has neither.

King's Landing

Once per marshaling phase, you may marshal a location from your discard pile as if it were in your hand.

Challenges Action: Kneel King's Landing and discard 1 location from your hand to draw 1 card.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
✓  Best Answer

No. “Marshaling a card into shadows” is not the same as “marshaling a location” or “marshaling a character.” Basically, any effect that allows you to marshal a certain type of card or a card with a certain characteristic will not allow you to marshal a card into shadows.

Yes. The “once per marshaling phase” on King’s Landing is player-specific.

[Danny Schaefer, 04.09.2018]