Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Ruling] Ser Mark Mullendore / Bonds of Chivalry

- - - - -

Best Answer mplain , 20 September 2018 - 07:57 PM

1) Ser Mark Mullendore

There is no "Then" in this wording, so I assume technically the new card entering play and Mark leaving play are simultaneous game events, correct? i.e. technically there is no moment in time at which Mark and the new card are both in play?

This is correct. Ser Mark Mullendore and the card he puts into play are never considered to be in play at the same time.

2) Bonds of Chivalry

There is "Then" in this wording, so I assume the chosen Knight character must both stand and be removed from the challenge, in order for another Knight to be able to participate, correct? e.g. if i attack with a Green-Apple Knight (who does not kneel to attack), then play Bonds of Chivalry and remove it from the challenge (without standing it, because it is already standing), then I will be unable to kneel another Knight character and have it participate, correct?

Correct. The post-then aspect of the ability will not resolve unless you successfully complete the pre-then aspect by both standing a Knight character and removing it from the challenge.

[Danny Schaefer, 20.09.2018]

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
1) Ser Mark Mullendore

Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Ser Mark Mullendore is participating, reveal the top card of your deck. You may put that card into play. If you do, place Ser Mark Mullendore on top of your deck (cannot be saved).

There is no "Then" in this wording, so I assume technically the new card entering play and Mark leaving play are simultaneous game events, correct? i.e. technically there is no moment in time at which Mark and the new card are both in play?

2) Bonds of Chivalry

Action: Choose a participating Knight character you control. Stand it and remove it from the challenge. Then, you may kneel another Knight character you control to have it participate in the challenge on your side.

There is "Then" in this wording, so I assume the chosen Knight character must both stand and be removed from the challenge, in order for another Knight to be able to participate, correct? e.g. if i attack with a Green-Apple Knight (who does not kneel to attack), then play Bonds of Chivalry and remove it from the challenge (without standing it, because it is already standing), then I will be unable to kneel another Knight character and have it participate, correct?

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
✓  Best Answer

1) Ser Mark Mullendore

This is correct. Ser Mark Mullendore and the card he puts into play are never considered to be in play at the same time.

2) Bonds of Chivalry

Correct. The post-then aspect of the ability will not resolve unless you successfully complete the pre-then aspect by both standing a Knight character and removing it from the challenge.

[Danny Schaefer, 20.09.2018]