Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Ruling] The Free Folk

- - - - -

Best Answer mplain , 20 September 2018 - 08:00 PM

1) Can Vangeance for Elia be played to replace the extra claim provided by The Free Folk agenda? Is the extra claim considered to be claim *for* a challenge? Or is that wording reserved only for the normal claim occuring in framework step 4.2.4?

No. While The Free Folk’s ability does apply a claim effect, it is not considered to be claim “for a challenge.” Therefore Vengeance for Elia cannot be played to replace the claim from The Free Folk’s ability.

2) I win a military challenge, but my opponent uses Mia Stone to replace military claim with power claim. I trigger The Free Folk; what claim can I apply now, military or power? (i.e. does "claim of another challenge type" refer to the type of the ongoing challenge, or the type of claim just applied?)

You can now apply power claim using The Free Folk’s ability. The phrase “claim of another challenge type” refers to the type of the challenge, not the type of claim that was applied.

[Danny Schaefer, 20.09.2018] Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
Two questions about the new agenda The Free Folk and the extra claim it provides:

1) Can Vangeance for Elia be played to replace the extra claim provided by The Free Folk agenda? Is the extra claim considered to be claim *for* a challenge? Or is that wording reserved only for the normal claim occuring in framework step 4.2.4?

2) I win a military challenge, but my opponent uses Mia Stone to replace military claim with power claim. I trigger The Free Folk; what claim can I apply now, military or power? (i.e. does "claim of another challenge type" refer to the type of the ongoing challenge, or the type of claim just applied?)

The Free Folk
Reaction: After claim is applied for a challenge in which you control an attacking Wildling character, kneel your faction card to apply the claim of another challenge type.

Vengeance for Elia
Interrupt: When claim is applied for a challenge in which you are the defending player, choose an opponent. That player must satisfy the normal claim effect instead of you as if he or she were the defending player.

Mya Stone
Interrupt: When claim is applied for a military or intrigue challenge in which you are the defending player, kneel Mya Stone to apply power claim instead.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1427 posts
✓  Best Answer

No. While The Free Folk’s ability does apply a claim effect, it is not considered to be claim “for a challenge.” Therefore Vengeance for Elia cannot be played to replace the claim from The Free Folk’s ability.

You can now apply power claim using The Free Folk’s ability. The phrase “claim of another challenge type” refers to the type of the challenge, not the type of claim that was applied.

[Danny Schaefer, 20.09.2018]