Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Wars LCG Council Sponsored Season 1 League FINAL RESULTS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

StarWarsLCGCouncil

StarWarsLCGCouncil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hello SWLCG Community!

The SWLCG Council is excited to announce our first open play league!

Start Date: TODAY! Thursday, January, 17, 2019

End Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2019

For the next 3 months, you can report your games played using the form here.

https://docs.google....2q7p6A/viewform

The player with the most points at the end of April will be declared the Season 1 Champion.

Basic scoring will be:

Game win = 3 points

Game loss = 1 point (you always get credit for playing games)

But wins and losses aren’t the only way to earn points.  In addition to your base points, you can earn bonus points in the following ways:

Use at least 4 sets from the Legends cycle = 1 bonus point

Game played at an in-person tournament (minimum 4 players, 3 rounds) = 1 bonus point

As that implies, the fan developed Legends cycle IS legal for this league (found here), as well as all published FFG product.  The Replacement cards given out as promos by FFG are also legal if and only if both players agree to it (availability was limited, after all).  For in-person tournaments, their legality is left to the discretion of the TO.

Games can be played either in-person or remotely (OCTGN, Skype, Facetime, play by emailing pictures back and forth, however you prefer to play).

The final FFG FAQ and errata will be followed.  If a rules question regarding Legends cycle comes up, please post it on the Cardgamedb rules forum and it will be answered as soon as possible.

Standings will be posted periodically.

We hope you have fun and we look forward to seeing how the Legends cycle and Replacement cards impact the meta!

• Boreas, Thaliak and sdrewthomson like this

StarWarsLCGCouncil

StarWarsLCGCouncil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

FINAL STANDINGS

Points - Name

240 - Ethan Anderson

83 - Colter Cookson

81 - Mick Cipra

57 - Jake Lako

41 - Karlis Jerins

39 - Bill Yankosky

37 - Darren Cimelli

31 - Drew Thomson

31 - Mitch Kolberg

27 - Daniel Trujillo

20 - Justin Metcalfe

19 - Gwydion Martin

17 - Anthony Degannaro

16 - Tyler Parrott

13 - Pat Hanley

8 - Nathan S

8 - Marc Gauthier

8 - Colby Bennardo

6 - Edgar Cantarero-Rodriguez

5 - James H

5 - Jerry Seaton

4 - Xavier Jackson

3 - Rob Boyer

3 - Nick Harrison

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
WOW this is amazing! Thanks for setting this up and making the Legends cycle legal. I can't wait to get some games in. 

I'll leave a link to the print sheets for the Legends cycle for anyone who needs it still:
https://www.dropbox....Sheets.pdf?dl=0

A quick clarification, is a game counted as one game played, or a full set of LS/DS? Similarly, for the Legends bonus point, do you need 4 legends pods in a single deck or across LS/DS?

Officially challenging: Josh Johnson, Tyler Parrott, Jarratt Gray, and Daniel Trujillo

Officially accepting: Any challenges. Come get some

• yodaman likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

WOW this is amazing! Thanks for setting this up and making the Legends cycle legal. I can't wait to get some games in. 

A quick clarification, is a game counted as one game played, or a full set of LS/DS? Similarly, for the Legends bonus point, do you need 4 legends pods in a single deck or across LS/DS?

Officially challenging: Josh Johnson, Tyler Parrott, Jarratt Gray, and Daniel Trujillo

Officially accepting: Any challenges. Come get some

Each game is counted, so a full LS/DS match will give you 2 games to report. Similarly, the bonus point for using Legends cycle cards is specific per deck.

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

I have less and less time these days for Star Wars, but I miss it a lot and this league idea is really cool. Nice to see the Council set this up.

I'm not likely to make a big effort to seek out games, but if anyone wants to play me, let me know and we'll set up a time.

• dbmeboy and IAmBatman like this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2211 posts
Dope

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

I've updated the results submission form to gather some information on how the Legends cycle impacts the meta.  The form will ask about which, if any, Legends cycle cards were in the winning and losing decks and gives space for players to include additional feedback.  Your feedback is important to the Council and we thank you for your time.

• Rio, yodaman and sdrewthomson like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

We have our first results submitted, 2nd post updated with current standings.  Going forward, I'll probably only update standings at the end of each month.  Unless there's demand for more frequent updates or I'm feeling particularly motivated.

• yodaman likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Standings updated.  I know I'm a little later than "at the end of the month," but I doubt anyone will complain.

• yodaman and IAmBatman like this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Thanks for keeping this updated!

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Thanks for keeping this updated!

Is this an attempt to guilt me into updating more often? ;)

• IAmBatman likes this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Haha! It was not, though it would have been a Minnesotan thing to do! I just discovered it, as I've finally gotten weekly games scheduled again, and was looking to see what the standings were. :)

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Haha! It was not, though it would have been a Minnesotan thing to do! I just discovered it, as I've finally gotten weekly games scheduled again, and was looking to see what the standings were. :)

I guess updating a few days early won't hurt anything... there you go. :)

• IAmBatman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Quick question - if we're playing in the online tourney Mitch2480 organized, can we count those games towards the league?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Quick question - if we're playing in the online tourney Mitch2480 organized, can we count those games towards the league?

Yep.  The league cares not if you are double dipping (and actively encourages it).  Playing games is good. :D

• yodaman and TheNameWasTaken like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Scores updated.  I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so I haven't combined scores that were submitted with just a forum username with actual names, but if somebody wants to do it, I'll copy and paste it into the results post.  We have 63 games reported so far, keep it up!

• Rio likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2211 posts

Scores updated.  I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so I haven't combined scores that were submitted with just a forum username with actual names, but if somebody wants to do it, I'll copy and paste it into the results post.  We have 63 games reported so far, keep it up!

So I'm at 10 points then? Rio + Anthony DeGennaro?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

So I'm at 10 points then? Rio + Anthony DeGennaro?

Yep.  I'm still trying to decide if it's worth my time to fix things like this as they come up or at the very end to avoid fixing them repeatedly.

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Jawbone and Pat Hanley are the same person.

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Also, I've seen tons of people make the mistake of putting a "p" in my last name, but never an "e" as well.  :-P

Haha, thanks for the update.