Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Wars LCG Council Sponsored Season 1 League FINAL RESULTS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Also, I've seen tons of people make the mistake of putting a "p" in my last name, but never an "e" as well.  :-P

Haha, thanks for the update.

That's because I manually transcribe things over to cgdb and apparently can't type.  Will be fixed shortly (the P is how your name was submitted the first time you appeared in a result and I just hadn't noticed, that is also being fixed in my records now).

Edit: You know what, while I'm fixing things anyways, have another score update.  It was a busy weekend for the league with 12 additional games reported yesterday.

• yodaman and IAmBatman like this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

That's because I manually transcribe things over to cgdb and apparently can't type.  Will be fixed shortly (the P is how your name was submitted the first time you appeared in a result and I just hadn't noticed, that is also being fixed in my records now).

Edit: You know what, while I'm fixing things anyways, have another score update.  It was a busy weekend for the league with 12 additional games reported yesterday.

Thanks for all the work you do! :)

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Notes from games tonight with Xavier: 

Smuggler/rebel 7 cards
2 New Republic's finest
2 They'll Never Stop Us
1 Games of Deception
1 Rogue Squadron Assault
2 Wraiths from the Sky
2 secret Weapons
2 Bucket O Bolts

Testing Wraiths in the sky interactions with other yellow ships went into secret weapons (both 2x) due to synergy. this led to well paid, and then 7 card rebel split in order to get more cards and pressure. Biggs' pod along with Lt ketch made very interesting synergy on canceling opponents' effects to also combo with the yellow tools. A notable interaction was caring about traits of vehicles and which cards just wanted vehicles around. Could not use nien numb and wedge took a backseat in this build, while cards like Kell Tainer and do the impossible were much more interesting being able to affect the ships in Secret weapons' pod and the Falcon. Tons of fate cards and money. Note that the money is non-limited to not be in the way of well paid. The high unit AND pilot count made incredibly efficient Well Paid turns. 

Scum
2 Pursuing the bounty
1 hunter's flight
1 relentless hunter
1 the long pursuit
2 Nar Shadaa Drift
2 Droid Revolution
1 Spice trade

Scum pilots continue to be a trap. There are just as many ships as there are pilots, which make the player choose between which is more important to play (as intended). Pilots on foot are still strong, but in this build, going into the droid package with IG88B (no Aphra) and trying to glue it all together with Swoops proved WAY too expensive. Too many things in the deck cost 4 and don't have the time to apply pressure and be cool defensive units. Back to the drawing board for both the scum pilots and the Swoop bike deck. 

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Question, are there prizes? Or just bragging rights? I like bragging rights, but i think I'm already known in the community as the guy who plays a lot of games, lol!

• MacRauri likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Question, are there prizes? Or just bragging rights? I like bragging rights, but i think I'm already known in the community as the guy who plays a lot of games, lol!

Sorry for the slow response (I've been a bit busy house shopping).  There's currently no prize beyond bragging rights.  This was done somewhat intentionally to avoid discouraging people who couldn't get in as many games as others (*COUGHETHANCOUGH*).  Given the relative success of season 1 though, I'm hoping we can continue for additional seasons and maybe have some sort of invitational championship for season winners/top X (passing down for repeat high placers).

Also, I'm working on getting scores updated and will hopefully get things posted either later today or tomorrow.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Standings updated.  Up to 133 games reported now.

• IAmBatman and MacRauri like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

climbing the ladder...

• IAmBatman likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

climbing the ladder...

All I have to do to catch up is let Ethan beat me on Skype like 40 times ;)

• IAmBatman likes this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Or a mere 20 losses with Legends cards!

It ain't that far off!!

• IAmBatman likes this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

All I have to do to catch up is let Ethan beat me on Skype like 40 times ;)

You know, I'm always happy to play games!! You wouldn't lose 40 games either!!

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

You know, I'm always happy to play games!! You wouldn't lose 40 games either!!

I actually might be able to piece together a Skype setup next week, so maybe I'll get some games in.  :D

• IAmBatman and MacRauri like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

It's been requested that I update standings a little more often this month for the race for 2nd place (though I think Ethan really just wanted to know if anyone was making a run for his 1st place spot).  Standings now updated.

• IAmBatman likes this

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

It's actually part of his scheme to get more games in. He made sure to let me know Mick had rocketed past me to second place. There's only one way I can reclaim my former ranking, and he's one of my most frequent opponents.

• yodaman, IAmBatman and jollyroger like this

jollyroger

jollyroger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I'm always happy to get in more games as well. So if anyone wants to make a run at Ethan's first place spot just let me know and we could play via skype. But do beware I'm not picky so I'd also be happy to play with Ethan to help him secure victory. 

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

It's actually part of his scheme to get more games in. He made sure to let me know Mick had rocketed past me to second place. There's only one way I can reclaim my former ranking, and he's one of my most frequent opponents.

He's playing us against each other for games.  I'll break the cycle if you will ;-)

• yodaman, Thaliak and IAmBatman like this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Curses, you're all on to me. The itch is real, need more games!! 

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Scores updated.  I meant to get this done over the weekend... Tuesday is almost still weekend, right?

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

I just submitted two games from last night. I lost both, but that should bring Mick and I to parity.

• IAmBatman likes this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
FYI: Kylar and Gwydion Martin are the same person.

That race for 2nd is so close!! Home stretch!!

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

I actually might be able to piece together a Skype setup next week, so maybe I'll get some games in.  :D

Did you ever get that Skype setup completed? ;)