Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jabba's Pleasure Barge

Best Answer Thaliak , 15 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

The elite status is there to protect the barge from being buried in tactics. Without it, if you used the barge's ability to ready Jabba, Bossk, a Debt Collector, or a previously-focused defender (such as the tactics-toting Prince Xizor or the three-gun Bane Malar), the Light Side player would only need to place one focus token on the barge to keep it from being used as an attacker on your next turn. Since the barge has two bombs in an otherwise defensive set, as well as the unique trait needed to enable The Prince's Scheme, that could be significant.

In other words, don't look as at the Elite keyword as a combo piece. Instead, think of it as a way of ensuring you have the option of using the barge during your conflict phase if it's more valuable than the units the barge could ready or if there are no units the barge could ready.

You're right that the barge isn't an amazing card. If it were released later in the game's life, when the designers had a better understanding of where power levels should be, it might have had a lower cost. However, it's a thematic card that synergizes with the main it comes with and can help the Dark Side recover from a Light Side attack that buries expensive units in focus tokens. I doubt it'll be a card you want to see in every game, but if you only need two bombs or an otherwise-focused character to close the game, drawing it can secure your victory.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Caramba720

Caramba720

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can't find a really good use case for this card..

My first thought about how this card works was shortly discussed in this thread:

http://www.cardgamed...pleasure-barge/

But i understand that "After your conflict phase begins" reactions can only trigger once a turn and only before the first engagement.

Otherwise this card would break the game, because basically, what you would get are infinite engagements with one character unit.

My question is, what is the benefit of the Elite stat?

Sure, i see some synergies with e.g. Jabba or maybe Bossk. But this synergy would also exist without the Elite stat.

How can i use the Elite stat to my advantage?

First thought could be: commit the unit to the force. But, for only one force icon? mh..

There have to be better options, are there? Any ideas?

• DannyPinNy likes this

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
✓  Best Answer

The elite status is there to protect the barge from being buried in tactics. Without it, if you used the barge's ability to ready Jabba, Bossk, a Debt Collector, or a previously-focused defender (such as the tactics-toting Prince Xizor or the three-gun Bane Malar), the Light Side player would only need to place one focus token on the barge to keep it from being used as an attacker on your next turn. Since the barge has two bombs in an otherwise defensive set, as well as the unique trait needed to enable The Prince's Scheme, that could be significant.

In other words, don't look as at the Elite keyword as a combo piece. Instead, think of it as a way of ensuring you have the option of using the barge during your conflict phase if it's more valuable than the units the barge could ready or if there are no units the barge could ready.

You're right that the barge isn't an amazing card. If it were released later in the game's life, when the designers had a better understanding of where power levels should be, it might have had a lower cost. However, it's a thematic card that synergizes with the main it comes with and can help the Dark Side recover from a Light Side attack that buries expensive units in focus tokens. I doubt it'll be a card you want to see in every game, but if you only need two bombs or an otherwise-focused character to close the game, drawing it can secure your victory.

• Caramba720 likes this