Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Utaku Kamoko and Endless Plains

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Saibot

Saibot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Hello!

The classic Unicorn Endless Plains reads: Reaction: After an attack is declared here, break this province. Your opponent chooses an attacking character – discard that character.

And the new Kamoko: Reaction: After an opponent breaks one of your provinces, choose and discard a card from your hand - ready and honor this character.

Jigoku allows Kamoko to trigger with Plains ability but I believe it shouldn't given with plains you are the one destroying the province and Kamoko triggers when an opponent does so. 

Thoughts? Thanx!

Caldera

Caldera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
I think you are right. With Endless Plains YOU are choosing to break it (not your opponent). I’ve heard from regular players recently that Jigoku hasn’t been fully updated yet to take into account some of the more complex card interactions arising from CotE, so i’d expect it to catch up at some point soon.

Note that you can choose NOT to trigger Endless Plains, in which case your opponent may then end up breaking it anyway - so you could trigger Kamoko (which may be worth doing if they attacked with a cheap fateless character).

Anfalascoco

Anfalascoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

A province is always destroyed by the attacking player, that's why Altensarnai is not triggering with endless plain and that's why kamoko is. 

• Khudzlin likes this

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

From the "Breaking a Province, Broken Province" section: "If a province breaks for any reason other than through standard conflict resolution, the opponent of the player who controls that province is considered to have broken the province."

Saibot

Saibot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Yes, it seems that broken provinces are always on the opponent no mater how they break. 

Thank you all!

Caldera

Caldera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Fair enough, i’m pleased to have been proved wrong. Although note that the reason Altansarnai can’t trigger from Endless Plains on defence is because Endless Plains’ (optional) trigger would happen before you had a chance to declare her as a defender (her ability requires her to be participating) - so in that sense the fact that the attacker is considered to be the ‘breaker’ becomes moot.