Winter 2021 Online Tournament!
*Noted names are not on cardgamedb. Please coordinate through Facebook.
**unfinished matches completed according to communication log. LS/DS wins reflect matches actually played
Group Round Standings for Bracket Assignment
- You have until Sunday January 31st to play and report a match against all other players in your group
- Please use the cardgamedb group message to coordinate games within your group.
- Keep track of your game points! Report them along with your match results in this thread. Game points will be important in the event of tie breakers.
- Please make it clear which sides won the match as well so we can get LS vs DS stats.
- Reporting your match results here is equivalent to turning in a match sheet during a tournament: both players agree on the result of the match.
- You can change your decks as much as you like during the group round.
- A win is worth 12 points
- A DS loss will earn the player points equal to the value of the Death Star dial.
- A LS loss will earn the player 4 points per destroyed objective plus 1 point for every 2 damage on objectives in play (to a max of 3).
Match Report Examples
A: IamBatman LS beats DavFlamerock’s DS with the dial at 9. Players report
“IAmBatman LS (12) beats DavFlamerock DS (9)"
B: MacRauri DS beats Letux’s LS. Letux has 2 objectives in victory pile and 2 damage on the board. Players report:
“MacRauri DS (12) beats Letux LS (9)."
C: DavFlamerock wins as DS blowing up a 3rd objective. Kiramode’s LS only finished 1 objective but has 9 points of damage on the board. players report:
“DavFlamerock DS (12) beats Kiramode (7).”
D: Kiramode wins as LS with the dial at 7 blowing up his 3rd objective with 3 damage on the board. MacRauri has 2 objectives in his victory pile and 4 damage on the board. Players report
“Kiramode LS (12) beats MacRauri DS (7).”
Ranking at the end of the Group round will be based on the following in order:
I. Game wins
II. Game points
III. Whichever player reported their last match on cardgamedb first.
(In the event that this was against the person they're tied with it will go to 2nd to the last game for each player)
To move the tournament quickly into the elimination round, unfinished matches without any communication with me will result in zero wins, zero game points. To communicate with me please open a group message here on cardgamedb with me, yourself and the other player no later than Sunday January 24th stating your availability to play with your opponent. If the match is unable to happen I will use the communication log to try to determine a fair result.
Any player who has not reported any finished games 3 weeks into the tournament (Sunday January 10th) will be market for a potential drop the next week unless they communicate with me or report a finished match.
Given the amount of participants and the size of the groups, this tournament will have a 15-player single elimination round with the top 3 players per group being seeded! The first seeds in each group will be ranked by comparing their records using the above tie-breaker system. The top ranked 1st seed will become player "1A" That player's group will be group "A", the 2nd ranked 1st seed will become player "1B" etc for purposes of filling out the bracket. All first seeds have a round 1 bye in the Elimination Round.
Since the groups are not equal sizes wins and game points will be converted to per game for all first seeds.
Note: player 1A has the only first-round bye!
- Qualifying players must lock-in what decks they’ll play for the duration of the tournament by February 2nd 11:59pm. Deck lists will be submitted to a moderator (TBD) who will post all lists on cardgamedb.
- Seeding will be based on player rankings after the Group Round. Please see the image of the bracket for details of the match-ups.
- Players have 1 week to finish their match.
- Each match will be a best of 5. First player to 3 wins advances.
- During the first round where there is a clear higher seed, that player may decide what deck to play first. Later rounds decide by coin flip (except player 1A's first match)
- Players will alternate playing LS/DS the first 4 games.
- Keep track of your game points!
- Should a 5th game be needed to settle the match, the player with more game points earned in the match may decide which deck to play. If there is a tie flip a coin.
We are pleased to announce that our Winter Champion will work tournament organizers to create the next online tournament cardpool!