Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Edge of Darkness Deluxe expansion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3939

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
I've been feeling pretty meh about Star Wars the past month. This makes me very excited for the game.

Oh god, the more I look at Lando the more possibilities I see. Start a challenge with han and a weenie, do han's ability, pull han out after your opponent commits enough to kill him; then, start another challenge with han for your real attack. Want more? Use it to push your opponents' attacking vader out of the challenge on their turn to negate his targeted strike. AAANNNNDDD lando's ability doesnt specify resource type.

Jabba and his objective look pretty nice as well, especially if we get some good looking weenies and enhancements.

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I'm excited for this. Glad they are doing this one first over Balance of the Force. Get those two factions into the game.

holliday88

holliday88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
Please have carbon freezeing please have carbon freezing please have carbon freezing

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 493 posts
Drools……

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
http://www.fantasyfl...4&esem=1&epmi=s

A few more cards spoiled.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
You can also see Bail Organa (Rebels) and Sabotaged (Smugglers) on the background image on the main page of the Edge of Darkness mini site.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Interesting discussion going on at BGG about how this looks like with will be 22 unique sets, meaning you will need to buy 2 for complete playsets.

You can also see Bail Organa (Rebels) and Sabotaged (Smugglers) on the background image on the main page of the Edge of Darkness mini site.

I wish I could see the picture of this more clearly, its too small to read anything.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Same discussion is on the thread for this set I made on FFG site. Seems accurate.

Edit: article has been modified looks like since I first opened it

Expand your Star Wars:The Card Game universe!
  • 1 copy each of 22 unique objective sets
  • 11 light side objective sets
  • 11 dark side objective sets
  • 132 total cards
Competitive players can have a complete playset with two copies of Edge of Darkness.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
After looking a bit more at it (and making an excel file for ALL of the objective sets), it looks like set 69 will be the first set in this pack, because you cant have less than 5 sets in a force pack. Since smugglers will have the first card in the box, it means that FFG is abandoning the faction order set in the core set, making objective set predictions that much harder.

Its bad enough they just switched up the order with the new Game of Thrones pack, I hope this isn't a new trend.

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Competitive players can have a complete playset with two copies of Edge of Darkness.

Very disapointing.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Very disapointing.

How so? Would you rather get half as many new cards, just so there would be two copies of them?
  • Toqtamish and che4p like this

darkbladecb

darkbladecb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I am pretty stoked for this as this is really going to take the game and make it really feel like Star Wars. Love to see stuff like Lando and Reversal of Fate that are really pushing the design space already. Hoth is fine and all, but THIS box has the stuff that I love most about Star Wars.

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

How so? Would you rather get half as many new cards, just so there would be two copies of them?

It really wasn't what I was expecting. A bit of a gut reaction.

After thinking about it, it is better than a seperate release of the S&V and S&S cards (or more likely, split between Light and Dark). Still annoyed that I have to figure out when to budget a second set in.

Booored

Booored

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

lol, funny thing is that is exacty what we got. It is totaly ****** that we need to buy 2 copies.

darkbladecb

darkbladecb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

lol, funny thing is that is exacty what we got. It is totaly ****** that we need to buy 2 copies.

How would you feel if it was two separate boxes, 2x 11 objective sets, one box light side, one box dark side, for the same total price? If you're getting a full playset of cards, it ends up being the same anyway. For casual players, this lets them buy 1x of the Core and 1x of this expansion and have 6 total decks (presumably) that they can play against each other out of the box and never need to buy anything else. This seems like a pretty reasonable way to appeal to both markets evenly while still providing a larger card pool. It's very difficult to grow your expansion of Thrones casually because of the four core boxes and it can be tricky balancing Greyjoy and Martell with their different distribution (who then can struggle against Core + Deluxe box factions). This way you can get a full "casual" set (1x) and a full "competitive" set with the same products and I think it's a good decision for FFG.

I think people have just become really bitter about multiple purchases after things like the old 3/1 chapter packs and Core Sets like Lord of the Rings that are absurdly lumpy. When everything is evenly distributed, I really don't see a huge issue with requiring multiple purchases, since you aren't re-purchasing a great deal (in the case of Star Wars and it's 2x Core, you're re-purchasing about 10-20 cards, depending on how you look at it and Recon Mission I'll want 3x of anyway for all 3 decks right now).

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts
I am so stoked for this. I suspected Smugglers was my faction and now that we've seen more cards I'm certain of it. I can't wait for this to drop, hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • KenB likes this

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts
This look really great. Too bad I have decided to only buy the Core set... Hmm, or maybe I should just stop buying any one of the other LCGs? Decisions, decisions, ...

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Then don't buy two. You don't NEED to do anything. However this perfectly matches the core set distribution of one objective set each so you buy this and the core set and then you have 6 factions ready to play and don't ever have to buy anything else if you just want to play it as a casual board game experience. If they were to create two expansions with 2 of each objective set that would have been stupid as then people who don't want multiples either would have skipped on it or ended up with more of the Smugglers and the Scum affiliation sets than the core set affiliations. This makes the most sense and gives the most variety in the boxes. I would rather have variety than complete sets especially if I was just a casual player.
  • samuellinde and Jhaelen like this