Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Edge of Darkness Deluxe expansion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

I thought my sarcasm was acknowledging my mistake. He didn't need to respond to it, but did anyway. Although, he was much nicer about it than you, I have to admit.

There are some pretty rude individuals on these boards. (Not Sarcasm for those keeping score at home)

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

There are some pretty rude individuals on these boards. (Not Sarcasm for those keeping score at home)

I am not even sure how to answer that other then this.....

Posted Image

I thought my sarcasm was acknowledging my mistake. He didn't need to respond to it, but did anyway. Although, he was much nicer about it than you, I have to admit.

Back on point, typing sarcasm is pretty silly. You cant give the right tone.

I was nice, honest, but nice. I do not like to beat around the barn yard when it comes to my thoughts on things. I just say it and a lot of people do not like that. I did not mean for it to come off as rude or mean. Sorry if that was the case.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Here we go again!

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Here we go again!

Where are we going? If its Nintendo land I am so in!

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

I was nice, honest, but nice. I do not like to beat around the barn yard when it comes to my thoughts on things. I just say it and a lot of people do not like that. I did not mean for it to come off as rude or mean. Sorry if that was the case.

Happens to the best of us.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
Anyway, I for see once this expansion does get released we will see a major shift in both sides. I will be shocked to see if you ever see a sith control deck again, unless the S&V sets just down right suck.

Hell we might even see the cantina objective set in decks...gosh that would be weird.

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
Alright back on track. Anyone have an inside info regarding the release date of this box?

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Alright back on track. Anyone have an inside info regarding the release date of this box?

My local store is saying FFG told them this month + the force pack. No idea if that is going to actually happen.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Likely June. It's at the printers along with Assault on Echo Base whereas this months pack A Dark Time is on the boat.

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
Yeah my guess is June I was hoping someone had some super secret insider info

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
June had better hurry the hell up!!!
  • knaacku likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Anyway, I for see once this expansion does get released we will see a major shift in both sides. I will be shocked to see if you ever see a sith control deck again, unless the S&V sets just down right suck.

Hell we might even see the cantina objective set in decks...gosh that would be weird.

I certainly hope thats not the case. I certainly expect a vast change in the game with the complete addition of 2 new affiliations, but the sith control decks shouldn't be completely worthless anymore. after all thats what sith in this LCG are all about, control. the S&V shouldn't be in competition with them as they are supposedly a completely different play style alltogether, just as the navy deck is all about being offensive and taking out objectives. You wouldn't say, your not going to see navy decks anymore once the S&V drops because thats a playstyle that many people like. I just equate the different affiliations to magics different colors. some like direct damage decks, some like burn decks, some like mill decks, some like aggro decks, some like control decks, etc etc.

I would like to see navy/rebels/scum all get a boost in power so the sith control and smugglers cavern type decks don't see as much play as they are now, which i am sure will happen, because its like we're adding 2 new colors into the game. What I am afraid of is the power level of smugglers. IMO, the 2 smugglers objective sets are easily the best in the game. there is essentially no bad cards in either objective set, and there are some of the best cards in the game in each set. Han Solo, swindled, echo caverns, renegade squadron, both objectives are crazy good, crossfire, resources in both, even the chuds in the sets are good. and having seen the chewbacca pod, i have some serious concerns with how amazing smugglers is going to be compared to the other affiliations and that disappoints me somewhat. hopefully i am wrong and we've just seen the best 3 S&S objective sets out of all of them and the others will be toned down a bit but we'll see.....
  • Skelton likes this

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

I just don't see it. We have a little bit of an idea of what else the Sith are getting in the Hoth Cycle. They also have a pod in Edge of Darkness. Sith Control is going to evolve, just like everything else. The Executor will be powering some fun sacrifices.

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I certainly hope thats not the case. I certainly expect a vast change in the game with the complete addition of 2 new affiliations, but the sith control decks shouldn't be completely worthless anymore. after all thats what sith in this LCG are all about, control. the S&V shouldn't be in competition with them as they are supposedly a completely different play style alltogether, just as the navy deck is all about being offensive and taking out objectives. You wouldn't say, your not going to see navy decks anymore once the S&V drops because thats a playstyle that many people like. I just equate the different affiliations to magics different colors. some like direct damage decks, some like burn decks, some like mill decks, some like aggro decks, some like control decks, etc etc.

I would like to see navy/rebels/scum all get a boost in power so the sith control and smugglers cavern type decks don't see as much play as they are now, which i am sure will happen, because its like we're adding 2 new colors into the game. What I am afraid of is the power level of smugglers. IMO, the 2 smugglers objective sets are easily the best in the game. there is essentially no bad cards in either objective set, and there are some of the best cards in the game in each set. Han Solo, swindled, echo caverns, renegade squadron, both objectives are crazy good, crossfire, resources in both, even the chuds in the sets are good. and having seen the chewbacca pod, i have some serious concerns with how amazing smugglers is going to be compared to the other affiliations and that disappoints me somewhat. hopefully i am wrong and we've just seen the best 3 S&S objective sets out of all of them and the others will be toned down a bit but we'll see.....

I absolutely agree. I'm a die-hard bounty hunter fan (can you tell from the avatar?) and I have mixed feelings about these two affiliations. On the one hand, I hope they're really good and really fun to play because they are the affiliations I've had my eyes on since they were announced. However, I also hope they're not so powerful that everyone and their dogs start playing these affiliations. I'm sure that will be natural for the first month or so, but I hope everything returns to balance after that. Part of the reason is because I'm a little weird -- I like to play what I think nobody else is playing. It will be hard to pass up bounty hunters if everyone is playing bounty hunters, though.

I'm rambling and I should stop.The point is that S&S is very strong at the moment and S&V seems a bit behind them in all 3 objective sets. I'm hoping that Slave I and Jabba's objective sets really bring up the S&V game. Jawas are cute and all (and I'll be glad to have an S&V Twist) but they just don't look like game-winners to me. Annoying, to be sure, but not super powerful.

EDIT: I take it back about Jawas not winning games. I was going to type something about how S&V is going to fall somewhere between Sith and Imperial Navy because there are only two ways to win. The Sith take one approach by holding the enemy at bay until the dial ticks to 12 while the Imperial Navy offensively gets the dial to 12 by destroying objectives. However, I forgot about a third way to win: decking your opponent. The Jawa set seems tailored to that very strategy and may be the foundation for a new deck archetype. By drawing cards out of opponent's hands with Twist of Fate and capturing cards every turn with the objective, you can really whittle the enemy's command deck down.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Edge of Darkness is on the boat as of today.
  • Darksbane and knaacku like this

aspookyghost

aspookyghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I guess I was wrong about it taking an extra month. Presumably we can expect it right around the end of June.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
If they are both on the boat....Then.....all my money is going to be gone....WORTH IT!

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I think I'm going to have to sell a guitar when all this stuff gets here :-) Heck I should sell it now and pre-order.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
Sith isn't going to go anywhere. They'll remaining the more traditional control/direct removal role. S&V (and S&S) look to me like they'll be about tricky combos and surprises, which may make them favored by top players more than casual players but won't necessarily mean that they're more powerful overall.

And, of course, as tactical as the game is, most games will still come down to who makes the right play. That's part of the reason that I'm still running a pure core set Sith deck: I know exactly how to play it by now and simply don't make many mistakes with it, which translates into wins.

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I know exactly how to play it by now and simply don't make many mistakes with it, which translates into wins.

Well Said.