Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game Results Database

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
Here's how it works:

After playing a game, you simply record the winning and losing house, agenda, and restricted card (and perhaps a few other potential categories like number of rounds?).

If at least 10-20 people participate, the database will start to be useful pretty quickly.

Let's limit submittals to at least semi-serious games, played by at least semi-experienced players. I've included every agenda and restricted card, no matter how unlikely, but the results could be skewed if tons of new or inexperienced players report their results. If I feel like the results are disingenuous, I'll start over and keep it exclusive to regular posters.

Let me know if you have suggestions.

Also please note that the character agendas are an option, so if they're used do NOT select "no agenda". Please select "unknown" for the restricted card rather than guessing if you are unsure.

SUBMIT HERE:
https://docs.google....-UFtFY/viewform

VIEW RESULTS HERE:
https://docs.google....Y/viewanalytics (pie charts)

https://docs.google....RCZXpTRWc#gid=0 (excel spreadsheet)(to view particular matchups you can sort the winning house or losing house columns alphabetically)

ShadowcatX2000

ShadowcatX2000

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1394 posts
I'm definitely interested.

I'd also like to have a consolidated database for results for tournaments with this information.

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
It's a really good idea, but like Shadowcat I'd like a separate one for competitive games. Otherwise I fear it could be a very misleading document.
  • PulseGlazer likes this

Hedjman

Hedjman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Interesting idea. Trying to think if I can create a way to send information from OCTGN directly to this file once someone reaches the needed number of victory points (not always 15 and not always allowed to count some power / allowed to win). Interesting idea for future development. I have some ideas, but would need to develop it more and look into some things.

My fear with a public record is invalid data entry and data manipulation. It's the internet. People are dicks. Better to protect against it then "trust" in the community.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
Okay, I've done it. Should be pretty self-explanitory. If a bunch of morons are obviously submitting false data then I'll have to start over and keep it exclusive to a smaller number of regular posters.

https://docs.google....-UFtFY/viewform

erocklawell

erocklawell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
THIS IS GREAT!!!!! Is there a way to access the results/data?

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
I've already submitted a few games that I played yesterday. The results are available after you submit a game, but I'll see if I can get a link straight to them as well.

EDIT: This link will display an excel spredsheet but I think there's a way to get the results in a better format.
https://docs.google....RCZXpTRWc#gid=0

Hedjman

Hedjman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Results page:

https://docs.google....Y/viewanalytics

I agree this is great. BTW, don't know if you care, but you misspelled 'Unknown' a couple of times. An OCD like me ... *twitch* *twitch*

erocklawell

erocklawell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
I'm not sure how to this per se, but after viewing both of the "results page" I think there might be an easier way to analyze it. The excel and pie graphs don't do the data justice. This is AMAZING information, and could be great moving forward, but I think that it should be better displayed.

Edit: Maybe the pie graphs don't look that great because there isn't enough data yet?

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
Haha, I fixed the "unkown" spelling type. I think the pie-chart results page will definitely look better once more games are there, but I'll spend time tomorrow messing around with other options.

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
Out of interest, what do you want to do about concessions? It's not exactly representative to include the number of rounds in that case. Maybe an extra option there for "Match Conceded Early", or something to that effect?

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
I'll add "conceeded early" an option.

Also, someone accidentally reported a game with a Stark deck using KotHH and Hatchling's Feast. Please be careful and make sure you've selected correctly before hitting submit.

Also, to see specific matchups (ex: Targ vs Martell) you can sort the columns in the spreadsheet alphabetically.

PopePwnage

PopePwnage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Great Idea

PulseGlazer

PulseGlazer

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2389 posts
We running this only in person/tournaments or OCTGN stuff too?

emptyrepublic

emptyrepublic

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 702 posts
If at all possible could the HoD location be included? HoD requires a bit of context to figure out the type of deck build going on.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

We running this only in person/tournaments or OCTGN stuff too?

Any legitimate games, so OCTGN is fine - we'll get more data that way. However, if someone makes a serious blunder which changes the outcome of the game, you may not want to submit it, because the whole point of this is to see which deck types are best, not focus on the players.

If at all possible could the HoD location be included? HoD requires a bit of context to figure out the type of deck build going on.

Sure, I made an optional question, but only included a few of the usual HoD locations. I may add some more but the form is already pretty long.

erocklawell

erocklawell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
@scantrell a great way to view the graphs, would be separate colors for each pie graph as opposed to different shade of ONE color.

Rage

Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
This may be unrealistic given the huge number of possible Deck+Agenda(+potentiallty-HOD-location) combos but I'd love to see a table with results for each decktype against all other decktypes. It's one thing to say "oh X is a bad matchup against Y," but another thing to see it in numbers.

EDIT: I must've glanced over the prior comment that said how to do exactly what I was asking about^ (ie sorting the column by house name.) I still think it would be nice to have a table that distills that down to pure numbers as the spreadsheet is going to get big pretty quickly.
  • Amuk likes this

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

This may be unrealistic given the huge number of possible Deck+Agenda(+potentiallty-HOD-location) combos but I'd love to see a table with results for each decktype against all other decktypes. It's one thing to say "oh X is a bad matchup against Y," but another thing to see it in numbers.

EDIT: I must've glanced over the prior comment that said how to do exactly what I was asking about^ (ie sorting the column by house name.) I still think it would be nice to have a table that distills that down to pure numbers as the spreadsheet is going to get big pretty quickly.

I agree. Sadly I have no idea how to do so. We would have to use some other program instead of the Google Form because the excel spreadsheet and pie charts are the only ways to view the results. I also have no control over the colors of the pie charts.

PulseGlazer

PulseGlazer

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2389 posts
Added recent results I was sure on.