Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Creation and Control - Announcing the First Deluxe Expansion for Android: Netrunner

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Link to article. 3 copies each of 55 new cards. Will feature HB and Shapers, and include 27 neutral cards. 6 new identities: 3 HB, 3 Shaper. Due Q3 2013.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And from the About page:
Posted ImagePosted Image (Unique Agenda!)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Had to delete a pair to make room for the new card fans. One was the box, the other was Awakening center, which you can still make out from the front of the first card fan.
  • Skike likes this

Scud

Scud

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
22 Influence!?!? Buh.
  • Kennon likes this

Darkblade87

Darkblade87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Where's the love for the criminals?

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3278 posts
Criminals don't need any love at the moment.

Interesting how they are focusing on two different factions at a time. And 6 new identities is quite a boost.
  • Skike likes this

Darkblade87

Darkblade87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Criminals don't need any love at the moment.

Interesting how they are focusing on two different factions at a time. And 6 new identities is quite a boost.

all I'm saying is I want a new criminal ID.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Criminals wont need a new identity. With HB popping up everywhere, E3 will be good enough.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Yeah, I'm wondering what the 4th box will be like. I'm not looking forward to the continuation of the "4th runner faction" dream.

EmeraldGuardian

EmeraldGuardian

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Interesting box since both HB and Shapers appeal to slower playstyles that are more defensive and like to have answers for everything.

Opening up some new options is awesome. I can't wait to start using Paricia and Director Haas.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3278 posts

all I'm saying is I want a new criminal ID.

There is one on the way in Genesis cycle pack 5, Humanity's Shadow, out in April.

EmeraldGuardian

EmeraldGuardian

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I'm extremely curious what dagger's second ability ends up being. It looks like it'll be a pretty crazy ice breaker, but there must be some crippling limitation to it.

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Things I've noticed looking at the new cards:
  • ____2.0 bioroid ice have "spend 2 clicks to break up to 2 subroutines," making it harder for the runners to ration their clicks
  • Corp Identities can have actual art instead of logo variations
  • Unique agendas
  • More than/less than 15 influence identities
  • That 5th influence hole is no longer just for show
  • Director Haas' stern looks get me all hot and bothered

EmeraldGuardian

EmeraldGuardian

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Director Haas' stern looks get me all hot and bothered

Apparently you are cougar hunting keggy?
  • Skike likes this

paradoX

paradoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
Director Haas is certainly interesting. With this and Biotic Labor you could score 4 Point Agendas out of your hand or Vitrivius + counter.
But the question is if you are able to get enough use out of it, before the runner can score it. Though, it certainly helps that thee trash cost is essentially a built-in Red Herrings. Seems to encourage a super server strategy.

Oh, and imagine the hilarity if you scored Mandatory Upgrades in this super server before.

The new Haas identity is also interesting. 22 influence is nothing to sneeze at and the Jinteki debuff is definetely necessary. More influence, for the cost of being more predictable.

I'm not sold on Kit though. The ability is great in the early game, IF you get your code breaker of choice quickly, but later it's pretty useless. And let's say you just have Battering Ram out and run into an Ice Wall - this is not a 'may'-ability, so the Ice Wall is a code gate you are not able to break. If you really want to get in this server, you have to waste a click first.
And 10 influence is really, really low.

€: Just realized how brilliant the Jinteki debuff really is. Not exchanging data with their rivals...it makes so much sense.

EvilPie

EvilPie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

And let's say you just have Battering Ram out and run into an Ice Wall - this is not a 'may'-ability, so the Ice Wall is a code gate you are not able to break

Note the ability says the ice gains code gate. It doesn't lose its original type.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3278 posts

I'm not sold on Kit though. The ability is great in the early game, IF you get your code breaker of choice quickly, but later it's pretty useless. And let's say you just have Battering Ram out and run into an Ice Wall - this is not a 'may'-ability, so the Ice Wall is a code gate you are not able to break. If you really want to get in this server, you have to waste a click first.
And 10 influence is really, really low.

Battering Ram would still work, just so would a decoder. Kit makes it gain Code Gate type not make it just a code gate.

paradoX

paradoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
Ah, my bad. Then it's significantly more awesome.

Scud

Scud

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

I'm not sold on Kit though. The ability is great in the early game, IF you get your code breaker of choice quickly, but later it's pretty useless.

No, it isn't... Gordian Blade keeps its Strength boost for the entire run... That sentry in front of Tollbooth? Boom.

Kennon

Kennon

Podcast Editor

• Small Council
  • 1487 posts
Holy cow this stuff looks cool. Super excited about Director Haas, her personal project and that new ID. There's going to be some awesome stuff possible with all that influence!

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Kit's 10 influence is just fine. Three inside jobs slot perfectly in, and work swimmingly with her ability.

EvilPie

EvilPie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Kit's 10 influence is just fine. Three inside jobs slot perfectly in, and work swimmingly with her ability.

Wouldn't Inside Job work against her ability? Since both work on the first ice encountered. IJ let's you bypass it, but you still encountered it.