Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Video Series starting up, need your topics!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Would totally make the Ewok Christmas Special watchable. Maybe.

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
How about a "Common Misplays" episode. I know I have to do something wrong 2-3 times before I go "wait a minute, If I would have done that differently..."

You could save all of us a little trouble and give me the heads up on what we're doing wrong.

jhorphear

jhorphear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

View PostMercyStreet, on 29 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

How about a "Common Misplays" episode. I know I have to do something wrong 2-3 times before I go "wait a minute, If I would have done that differently..."

You could save all of us a little trouble and give me the heads up on what we're doing wrong.
this is really helpful too. I have noticed in my years of playing ccgs that you can usually survive a mistake or two a game, but any more than that and you are almost giving your game away.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
What kinda of mistakes do you guys make that you guys see 2-3 turns later? Going to have to give me some examples :)

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I wrote this post twice. The first time was more like "Well, my friend always does..." or " I know a guy who..."

It's usually timing issues. Specifically the order I take actions. For example, having the emperor's web in play and playing a free Sith event first and then playing Force Lighting. You have to pay full for the second one when you could have saved a resource by playing them in the opposite order.

I also tend to get paralyzed by options when I'm playing the light side. 3 Objectives to attack, I've got a good hand (4-5 cards) and some capable units so I decide to attack. Who, where, in what order... Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
I noticed a lot of players are VERY bad at committing to the force or committing the wrong units at the wrong times.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

View PostMercyStreet, on 29 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I wrote this post twice. The first time was more like "Well, my friend always does..." or " I know a guy who..."

It's usually timing issues. Specifically the order I take actions. For example, having the emperor's web in play and playing a free Sith event first and then playing Force Lighting. You have to pay full for the second one when you could have saved a resource by playing them in the opposite order.

I also tend to get paralyzed by options when I'm playing the light side. 3 Objectives to attack, I've got a good hand (4-5 cards) and some capable units so I decide to attack. Who, where, in what order... Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

To your second question. It all depends on what cards you have in your hand. It also comes down to knowing your deck in and out, when to play what, and a little luck. So that part is very wide area to cover. Great topic though!

First topic is great as well!

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

View PostJMCB, on 30 March 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

I noticed a lot of players are VERY bad at committing to the force or committing the wrong units at the wrong times.

Also a great topic! Thank you for the input.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
Starting to put together the first episode of my SWLCG YouTube series. First episode will be about action windows.

What are some tips, tricks, or questions you guys have?

Doomscizor

Doomscizor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
http://files.boardga...ac17a3a3e1b385c

This is a pretty useful resource for action windows

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
I am looking for things from the community more then anything. Questions they have or neat tricks. The basics will be covered.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
Update: The creation of this is taking longer then I thought it would. I am in the middle of a project for my GW2 guild and also working on getting my eSports organization off the ground.

I promies it's coming :)