Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Rule Clarifications !!Direct replies FFG only!!

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

mischraum

mischraum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Rule Question:
1) I guess if I have Renegade Squadron Mobilization as objective in play and I play A New Hope I get to draw one card for EVERY enemy unit that leaves play if I want to.

2) Combat Icons of a type are resolved at the same time, right? So if I can place 3 focus token on enemy units via Palpatine I have to declare which units receive how many of them before my opponent declares if he wants to use the shield on a unit to cancel one focus token.

Nate:
1) Yes, you can respond to each unit individually.

2) Correct, you would assign the focus tokens simultaneously, and then the opponent decides if he wants to cancel any of them with shields.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
Me:
Quick corner case to follow up on the protect/cannot be damaged answer:
If a unit that cannot be damaged is in an engagement as the only participating unit on its side (let's say it's a shielded Luke with Prep for Battle on table) and the opponent strikes with a card that does unit damage, is the damage assigned and able to be Lightsaber Deflection'd before it fizzles or can it never be assigned in the first place?

Nate:
The damage is never dealt in the first place, so it cannot be Lightsaber Deflected.

iVader

iVader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I have 2 questions that I need to clarify ..

Question 1:
It's my DS turn. My opponent has Rogue Three with a focus token on it and Wedge is also attached to it. If I take my action and Force Lightning the Rogue Three, and my opponent decided to take his action using Wedge action ability to remove a focus token. Will the Force Lightning still takes effects?

Question 2:
If a vehicle with a shield token on it and he strikes by putting a focus token, can the shield token negate (remove) the focus token?
  • mekros41 likes this

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

I have 2 questions that I need to clarify ..

Question 1:
It's my DS turn. My opponent has Rogue Three with a focus token on it and Wedge is also attached to it. If I take my action and Force Lightning the Rogue Three, and my opponent decided to take his action using Wedge action ability to remove a focus token. Will the Force Lightning still takes effects?

Question 2:
If a vehicle with a shield token on it and he strikes by putting a focus token, can the shield token negate (remove) the focus token?

1: As the active player you may play actions first. He can only remove the token after your refresh phase if you are going to take no actions your self. (very back of the rule book)

2: No, you can only negate the token if it is a card effect or a tactics. Unless that is what your asking. The question is not worded right I dont think. If your asking can the shield stop the focus to strike token from being placed then the answer is no.
  • iVader likes this

Phrosbyte

Phrosbyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Question: If you use the ability on Action-Series Bulk Transport to put Wedge into play, can he enter as an enhancement?

Nate: No.

Action Series Bulk Transport is an effect that allows you to "put a card into play." Wedge's effect is "you may play..." As "play" and "put into play" are two distinct game mechanics (Term Summary, page 13), there is no interaction between the two effects. Wedge's text allows you to play him as an enhancement, any effect that would put him into play does not activate this text.

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
Official Dial Ruling Clarification:

Once any actions have been done of any form, it's too late to bump the dial. This would include refresh actions or objective triggers. Here is Nate's response.

"If they've just pulled tokens off, but haven't triggered and actions or interrupts, correcting a missed dial is fine. The main thing to keep in mind here is that it is both player's responsibility to maintain an accurate game state. If a situation develops where an incorrect game state becomes a big issue, I would probably give both players a warning, and remind them that keeping the dial accurate is part of the game and they should both pay attention to it. We don't want a situation where the light side player is remaining silent and eager for his first opportunity to take an action so that he can "screw" his opponent out of moving the dial."

JediKnight

JediKnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Here is the requested Devastator/Imp Officer ruling regarding resource match - together with my question regarding the timing on Spirit/Fett interaction.

Nate French <[email protected]>
29. 4.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
komu: mně
Posted Image

Přeložit zprávu

Pro jazyk angličtina překlad vypnout
1) Devestator's effect reads "spend 1 resource." This resource can be of any type, as no particular type is specified. Same for the Imperial Officer.

2) Old Ben's Spirit does not cancel the damage, so it has still been dealt, even though it was later removed. Therefore, Fett can trigger his effect.

On Apr 29, 2013, at 7:58 AM, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> wrote:

Message from:
Janek

E-mail:
janek.[email protected]

Rule Question:
Hello there, few questions regarding some card interactions.

Devastator and Imperial Officer - does these cards require resource matching their affiliation if I want to use their effect?

Boba vs Spirit - Let's say I succesfully win an Edge Battle with Boba against Spirited (Old Ben) Yoda. Boba would deal lethal damage. Spirit could trigger then, removing all the damage.

Boba's reactions comes into play after the damage has been dealt - is Yoda still considered to have received damage in such case (meaning: can I trap Yoda)?

As always, thanks for the answers-

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2323 posts
"Unit gains X when attacking damaged objective"

Does it need to be damaged when you declare?

Is it considered damaged if it is hit by a Target of Op?

Is it considered damage if a unit with regular blast goes first and damages it?
  • jcmcclellan likes this

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
"Unit gains X when attacking damaged objective"

Does it need to be damaged when you declare?

Nope

Is it considered damaged if it is hit by a Target of Op?

Yes

Is it considered damage if a unit with regular blast goes first and damages it?

Yes, as long as that unit is not the "unit gains X" then the "unit gains X" effect will take place after the objective is damage by ANY form of damage. Unopposed will not count because that is after all units have been focused to strike and there are no defending units.

Vaapad

Vaapad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
I think this thread is meant to be reserved for questions asked to FFG through the "rules questions" link on their website and accompanying answers given by Nate French. This way it will be a repository of official FFG rulings only.

If people have general rules questions that they want other community members to weigh in on, please start new threads, and do not post them here.
  • mischraum, Jhaelen and knaacku like this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2323 posts
]

that's fair vapaad in the future but as a follow-up ... what abit heavy fire then strike with that unit

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
Question about Succumb to the Cold. If an Elite unit has 1 focus token on
the card, and I play Succumb to the Cold, how many focus tokens would the
unit have on it, 1 or zero? Does Elite remove two at a time or is it two
separate instances of removing one?

Answer: As it removes "1 additional when it refreshes," they are removed together, at a single moment. After Succumb to the Cold is played, the unit will have 1 token on it, and you are already past the moment when you are refreshing focus tokens.

pijol

pijol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
When Luke strikes, his controller gets to determine the order in which his combat icons (by type) resolve. So he can either resolve his "Blast" icons and deal damage to the objective first (thereby destroying it and winning the game), or he can resolve his "Unit damage" icons and deal damage to the Probe Droid first, which would allow it to trigger its response, killing the LS objective.

So the order of icon resolution is in the striking player's hand, and he would determine who wins in this example by deciding which of Luke's icon types to resolve first.

Nate French
Senior LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
[email protected]

Rule Question:

Hi FFG,

I have a question about probe droid.If let say both LS and DS left 1 life on their final objective to win the game.

Luke skywalker strike at DS objective(4 Damage) and probe droid defend it.Which objective is destroy first?

Posted Image

pijol

pijol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

No, you cannot play Our Most Desperate Hour as an Interrupt to Force Choke -- it is an Action, and not an Interrupt effects.

The only cards that can Interrupt the resolution of other effects have the Interrupt trigger. (And such cards always specify what occurrence they are interrupting.)

So, you could Interrupt Force Choke with Lightsaber Deflection ("Interrupt: When damage is dealt to a friendly non-Vehicle unit..."), but as Our Most Desperate Hour is its own Action, it cannot be played at Interrupt speed. You would have to play it pre-emptively during an Action window, protecting the unit you want to shield.

Nate French
Senior LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
[email protected]

Rule Question:
Hi FFG,
I would like to ask about Our Most Desperate Hour.If DS player playing Force Choke,can the LS player play Our Most Desperate Hour to prevent that 1 damage?Im confuse about the first in,first out concept :)

Thank you

pijol

pijol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
All of the listed effects will stack, or can be triggered independently of one another. See below.

Rule Question:Hey FFG,

Im a little bit confuse on which objective effect stacks if you have 2 in play?

LS :

Forgotten Heroes

You could trigger each copy, drawing 2 cards.

In You Must Go

Each effect is active, reducing the cost by 2.

Jedi Training

Each copy contributes 1 Force icon, for a total of 2 Force icons.

Last Minute Rescue

Each effect could be triggered, removing 2 damage.

Mission Briefing

Each effect could be triggered, drawing 2 cards.

Preparation for Battle

Each effect would cause a "blast damage" icon to be gained.

Renegade Squadron Mobilization

DS :
Counsel of the Sith

Fall of the Jedi

Each effect could be triggered, moving 2 cards.

The Bespin Exchange

Each effect could be triggered, removing 2 focus..

The Emperor's Web

Each effect is active, reducing the first event by 2.

The Endor Gambit

Each effect can be triggered, removing 2 focus.

Sorry for the long questions thank you

pijol

pijol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
With a single copy of Defense Protocol, you could only trigger the reaction once, reducing your reserve by 1 to deal 1 damage.

With two copies of Defense Protocol, you could trigger each reaction once, reducing your reserve by 2 to deal 2 damage.

Nate French
Senior LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
[email protected]

Rule Question:

Hi FFG,

I would like to ask a questions about Defense Protocol. Can you reduce your reserve value by 2 to inflict 2 damage to target unit?

Thank you for your time :)

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

I haven't seem this questions asked, so I apologize if it has been.

1) If I have Preparations for Battle out and the dial is at 3. I defend and I have Luke and a Guardian out with a shield. What happens if I redirect any damage to the Guardian?

It was answered on page 1

You would not be able to use the protect keyword if the protecting unit cannot be damaged.

Nate French

Rule Question:
Hey there,

There is a meta defining question that needs to be addressed before our regional this weekend if you can.

The issue centers around the protect/shield abilities of the Guardian of Peace and the Objective, Preparation for Battle.

If the Guardian of Peace is shielded and the dial is 4 or lower she cannot take any damage. Does this mean she can use her protect ability to divert the first 2 damage of every strike to her and not get damaged? Or does this mean since she cannot take damage she is not able to use her protect ability.

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Sorry to add to the broken-record sound of this thread, but please do not ask questions on this thread. This thread is for people who have submitted questions to FFG and received official responses.

With that, my recent question to Nate:
If you do not declare defenders, and therefore do not place cards in the edge battle, are you considered to have lost the edge battle? I know the attacker automatically wins, but that doesn't necessarily mean the other player loses.

The reason I'm asking is because the Jawa Scavenger says, "Forced Reaction: After you lose an edge battle, return this unit from play to your hand."

If I declare no defenders, will all my Jawa Scavengers be forced back into my hand?

Nate's response:
Yes, if the other player wins the edge battle, you are considered to have lost it, and the Jawa Scavengers are returned to your hand.

RomanSandal

RomanSandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Rule Question:
Hey Guys,

Which gets to go first during the refresh phrase?

The game text on the DS objective A dark time for the rebellion

or

A lightside action, example: repair droids game text.

Thanks

Nate French
Refreshing (and reactions to refreshing) occurs before the action window in the refresh phase, so A Dark Time for the Rebellion would go first.

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Question: In regards to the objective Last Defense of Hoth, do you need to have a card in your hand in order to trigger the objective's ability?

Response from Nate:

"When you would place a card into an edge stack..." is a triggering condition, and refers to a timing point in the game, and not to a player's capability to place a card. You may use the effect if you have no cards remaining in hand.
  • hundreds likes this