Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Agency top 10 cards

- - - - - Agency

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

bump

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I'm looking forward to updating this list. I suspect the whole thing will change with just a couple exceptions.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
The ffg website was updated to show greater good as shipping now, eta 27th Feb.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Yeah, there's going to be a shakeup of this list for sure.

Corwin81

Corwin81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

So, Lt Stewart in top 10 ?

Red Tape, The Foundation as honorable mentions ?

As usual, I find it hard to propose specific cards from the list to be replaced though...

Thoughts from more experienced players welcome.

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Before any of the new box is added, I can't believe Trial Judge isn't in the top 10, especially considering San Marcos is an essential Agency card. I'd probably bump Shotgun Blast

Lt. Wilson definitely deserves top 10. I'd also argue for Raid, which I think is the card that goes the farthest to making Agency into a well-rounded faction. The Foundation is a solid card and great for foiling opponents so I'd put him in the Honorable mentions. Grete Wagner-Blackwood is pretty situational, but she is a phenomenal closer, but if Daemonlatria and Catastrophic Explosion deserve an honorable mention, she definitely does.

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Ye Outer Gods! Trial Judge isn't on the top 10 list, is he? I would argue that he's top a 3 card with his synergy with San Marco. If you wish to look at him in a vacuum he's still bonkers good. How did we miss this?

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

He wasn't as shiny before San Marco, so I could see him getting overlooked back then.  But now he's huge :)

• LordTeacup likes this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Cards that could go top 10 now: The Foundation, Lt. Stewart, Red Tape, Grete Wagner-Blackwood, St. Hubert's Key.

What to replace?

Discuss.

ssjevot

ssjevot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

The Foundation, Red Tape, and St. Hubert's for sure.  Intelligence Agent and Raid! are also possibilities.  I think Lt. Stewart is a little narrow for a top 10 list.  He's obviously great in a government deck, but he's just above average in other decks.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I have found Raid! to be more like raid? A bit underwhelming and situational. Honorable mention though.

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
Honourable mentions

Supernatural Investigator - whilst not great in all matchups she is really nasty against Syndicate. I'd pay 1 for that ability without the icon tbh.

Grete Wagner-Blackwood - Personally I think she's overrated - at cost 4 with no protection from many removal effects she'd better have a great ability - so definitely not top 10. But the ability merits a mention.

Red Tape - destroys some decks but can be played around, gives no benefit for extras in play beyond protection from removal, and slows you down to play it, so not top 10.

Remove from top 10

Paul Lemond. Super flexible but I think I prefer the Supernatural Investigator.

Foundation would be the first card I'd add to the top 10.

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I'd be against Intelligence Agent (who has a nice ability that's useful in specific situations but is otherwise a worse Government Exorcist), St. Hubert's Key, and Red Tape.

At least my understanding of mono-Agency is that you have to come out of the gate hard and then (with your lack of arcane and multi-character control) squeak through in the late game. I'm generally not a fan of 2-cost support cards that don't go a long way to speeding me up (read: that aren't SMB), especially when 1 drops like Agency Medic (who's also a character!) and late game cards The Company, The Iron Cross, and The Foundation do a better job game. I don't like cards like RT SHK because they don't speed me up and they aren't the best options late game. Grete is an amazing late game option, especially when you have more reliable protection like the Cross and the Foundation.

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I also like Raid! because its a way that Agency can avoid losing to decks that would otherwise never lose to Agency. It's pretty easy to identify when your opponent is playing a Khopesh/Rite of the Silver Gate/Plague Stone deck, and you plan accordingly. It's never going to be super easy/convenient, but it synergizes nicely with Repo Man (in that between the two of them they can work against most supports--a Repo Man is never going to get near a Khopesh, for example) to make Agency's weakness against supports into just a weakness rather than a huge gaping blindspot that stops Agency from being playable at the highest tier.

• WWDrakey and Obtuse like this

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Raid! is about as solid as support removal gets outside of Shub/mythos. Thunder in the East it's not, but if you're playing agency and have a 1 or 2 domain open it will take care of a lot of cards.

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Trial Judge should definitely be top ten. Lt. Wilson Stewart, as well. The Foundation and Red Tape... probably.

I'd make room for these by removing

- Marshall Greene

- The Company (is wounding still a thing? I mostly see destruction, sacrifice, bouncing or plain discarding)

Maybe remove (if more room is needed):

- Paul LeMond

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agency