Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Syndicate top 10 cards

- - - - - syndicate

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
dboeren brought it up a few posts above - St. Claire surely has to go on the list?

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Ok, original post was updated with new top 10...discuss!

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Not sure I like Hard Case for top 10, especially since he'd beating out the likes of Naomi O'Bannion and the Clover Club Torch Singer who I feel are vastly superior. Hard Case is a decent weenie who can give you a slight advantage, maybe, for one turn. Naomi and CCTC keep on giving. Plus the alt art torch singer has it going on.

I'd uh, also like to nominate Snow Graves...oh wait.

Wilbur

Wilbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
In my book, Peter Clover beats out... everything on the list! Everything has an answer, but an un-answered Peter Clover will do more to win a game than just about anything. He's just a monster!
  • Zephyr likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
In no order. Peter. Naomi. Mr pan. Immurement. On the lamb. Hack journalists. Claire. Fall guy. Gun runner's club. And inner council is my top ten

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Johnny V's Dame should definitely be in the top 10. She's way more essential than Hard Case or Hack Journalist or even the Pit Boss

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
Dame doesn't get my vote because only good in a mono syndicate deck

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Johnny V's Dame should definitely be in the top 10. She's way more essential than Hard Case or Hack Journalist or even the Pit Boss

If I were being completely honest with myself, I'd replace Hard Case with Gun Runner's Club. Those are right on the bubble. The Dame is right under those. I put Hard Case on there because Tom talked me into it, he apparently would rate it a little higher.

Hack Journalist is basically an event, and you never play him for his 1 skill and 1 arcane. Against most deck, his text box says "Win a story." I'd pay 4 for an event that does that no problem.

As for Pit Boss, I think he is completely necessary in every Syndicate deck because it lets you almost ignore the terror struggle. Syndicate always had to worry about having chuds to lose to insanity prior to him, which is a big loss in tempo to rush and tempo builds.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
Am I only one that likes fall guy as a top ten. I would never not run them if have syndicate

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

mnBroncos, you probably are the only one with some love for fall guy. I don't like the card at all.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

how not ? have you played with it? I used it in my store championship and regional deck and was always one of the most important cards to get into play 

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Yes I've played him. I always wanted him to be something else. Something that helps me win struggles instead of keeping nasty stuff from happening when I'm losing them. Why is it one of the most important cards to get into play? Which struggles are you losing that you need to win?

Imho, needing fall guy indicates a flaw in your deck, it does not indicate that it is a strong character.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

well it is a human faction so terror is always a problem and its his versatility. It is a disrupt so he can still commit to one story and then use him at a different one. It helps on offense and defense you can make sure your only winning struggles at a story and on defense can make sure they are loosing everyone keep them knelt out and less success. I don't see how it is a flaw in the deck it is just a very versatile car

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

It helps on offense and defense you can make sure your only winning struggles at a story and on defense can make sure they are loosing everyone keep them knelt out and less success.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand that sentence.

I still don't understand why it would be one of the "most important cards to get into play". You give terror as an example. Is it that bad to get one character insane? I'd rather have a character go insane than sacrifice a character to keep one from going insane. Yes, I understand that the guy protects you from all the struggles of that story, not just terror. But you can always use something to help with struggle losses.

Anyway, I'm glad he's working out for you. For me, he's certainly not top 10 material. For syndicate, I have three other one-drops that I value higher. I've never seen the need to include him.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

I mean on offense your only winning struggles and on defense they are winning no struggles 

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I'm sticking to my guns on Johnny V's Dame support. Half of the the cards in Syndicate's top 5 are criminals cost three or higher. If you're playing any combination of them, you're gonna want the Dame, regardless if your deck is mono or not

• mic likes this

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Anyone who's anyone in Syndicate is carrying the criminal subtype, so the dame is a solid choice for most decks featuring syndicate, not just mono. Josef Meiger is a notable criminal outside the faction.

And apologies to Mr. Broncos, but I'm also not sure Fall Guy is a character with much worth, let alone top ten material.

Serazu

Serazu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Fall Guy is necessary in decks where you want to protect central characters who commit to stories, such as the one centered around Naomi. Not top-10 material, but useful.

As for the top-3 in Syndicate, I'd go with Immurement, On the Lam and Peter Clover. Concerning the latter, he may not always (probably never) be a cornerstone in a specific build, like mr. Pan in a skill manipulation or Naomi in a tactics one, he's a force to be reckoned with in both however. Peter laughs at AOs' and expensive characters' faces in general. Huge. He's there in all my decks and I cannot begin to explain the confidence he gives me him just being there.
  • Serazu likes this

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
I really like Fall Guy. He effectively buys you a full turn where the opponent isn't going to win any struggles at a story of your choosing. He also allows you to put good characters into a story without any fear of having the opponent use shenanigans to have you lose terror then combat.

However, because he is a reactive rather than a proactive character, I don't see him in the top 10.

Just because of her general usefulness I'd give Torch Singer an honourable mention.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I'd support Dame being on the list or at least honorable mention.  She definitely goes into every mono-Syndicate deck and sometimes into dual faction decks, especially if your non-Syndicate faction can manage to bring a Criminal or two.

Fall Guy isn't that attractive to me, but then again I've never liked cards specifically aimed at mitigating a losing position.  I'd rather put in some other cards that help me fight harder and maybe be winning instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: syndicate