Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Syndicate top 10 cards

- - - - - syndicate

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Fall Guy isn't that attractive to me, but then again I've never liked cards specifically aimed at mitigating a losing position. I'd rather put in some other cards that help me fight harder and maybe be winning instead.

This. If you're having trouble with either terror or combat struggles to the point where you think you need a slot in your deck that's only purpose is to commit seppuku to save you from them, maybe look at some of Syndicate's other options to turn things in your favor. Lena is a 1 drop that can help turn icons in your favor. Pit Boss can give you willpower. There are options to make opponent's icons not count or change them into skill struggles. This is Syndicate we're talking about! If you can't win, change the rules.

Since I'm thumbing my nose at all your picks, I guess it's only fair that I post my personal top 10 so you all can play turnabout. So in no particular order:

O'Bannion's Inner Council
Peter Clover
Naomi O'Bannion
Immurement
On The Lam
St. Claire
MR. David Pan
Lena Di'Borio
Clover Club Pit Boss
Hanyatl's 12:3 (My controversial pick)

Honorable mention: Clover Club Torch Singer (alt art version or gtfo), Henry Knoll, Dutch Courage

Wilbur

Wilbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
I'll support you (to a point), Broncos!

Fall Guy is a super cheap point scorer that becomes at worst an exhaust effect to set up an attack next turn (by cancelling arcane). He enables defense against far superior characters while doing this, allowing you to contest a story instead of simply conceding 2-3 points to better icons. It's not fair to compare him to Lena: she's one of the best (arguably THE best, though I don't think I'd argue that) one-drops in the game. Still, she's not so much a one-drop as a strategy (as is Torch Singer).
In short, I can see a case for Fall Guy as a fringe pick for Syndicate Top 10. I don't think I'd find the room for him, but it doesn't strike me as ridiculous. You're all right that Fall Guy is not going to win games from a losing position; if properly used, however, he can keep the pressure on in an aggressive, likely exhaustion-heavy build.

However, Broncos sück, Steelers rüle.
  • VonWibble likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: syndicate