Silver Twilight, the newest faction, is still relatively in its infancy compared to other factions in terms of a faction identity. They offer a rich set of combo effects that trigger off of cards entering or leaving play, discarding cards, or having less cards in hand. They also have a lot of "bounce" effects, a good icon spread of everything except terror, and the highest number of invulnerable characters of the human factions.
1. B. Ramsdale Brown (TKatG) - This is great card advantage period. It can get back great cards you've already played to good effect, or can get back combo pieces somehow discarded from play.
2. Initiate of Huang Hun (CotJE) - He is great at keeping the board under control so that your sacrifice effects pack more punch, and you can manage stories better.
3. Joseph Meiger (DotU) - He is a great 1 for 2 that can fish out one of the best control cards in the game, Rite of the Silver Gate (TKatG), and one of the best card draw combos with ST, Stone Calendar (TC)
4. Lord Jeffrey Farrington (TOotST) - He's like the Initiate except he can target a character, even an AO, to bounce. He's also got a good icon spread to boot.
5. Protector of Secrets (IotF) - He can target a character not to participate, which is just as good as an exhaust effect, like Syndicate's Hard Case (Core), but with an additional icon.
6. August Lindquist (FtGG) - Very efficient and very hard to remove. This is bordering on "Descendant good."
7. The Doorway (TBJ) - It's both a way to protect your characters from surprises at stories or from other targeted effects, and a way to get back your characters with enters-play abilities. And it's 0 cost. It's perfect.
8. Dirk Sharpe (TBJ) - One of the only jumpers with an investigation icon, and he has a neutral effect cost.
9. Zanni (TiV) - This is great for a weenie-rush strategy since with a little bit of character removal he can almost guarantee some unopposed stories.
10. Master of the Myths (IT) - While you can find in the top 10 Neutral/Colorless list, he's so good he deserves a top stop in ST as well.
- Sergeant Terry (FtGG) - Where ST struggles is in efficient character in the 2-cost slot. This guy fits the bill AND provides card advantage. Combine it with something like Hermetic Seal for repeated card draw.
- H.O.S.T. (TSB) - There is no denying that this is a powerful ability that synergizes with ST's strengths and provides cards to boot, but it also allows for an easy combo with Rich Widow (PT). If you can figure out how to get HOST into play early, it can give a huge advantage.
- From the First Degree to the Last (TbtA) - Committing 3 of your characters has absolutely no downside as long as you win arcane, and with no terror or combat struggles, those pesky monsters can't touch them.
- Guardian of Dawn (TiV) - Another contender for best weenie, but only when it's day, otherwise he's still decent.
- Knight of the Eclipse (WoP) - Note that his ability activates if there is a tome in play, not necessarily under your control. A 3 cost character with willpower and invulnerability, let alone non-unique, is rare.
- Knight of the Outer Void (TOotST) - This let's you get back a character with a great enters-play ability every turn, and it has willpower and good icons. Very efficient.
- Steal the Soul (TOotST) - This can give a really nasty surprise to an opponent at a story. Stealing a terror icon can also protect the character for a story, really altering combat math.
- Professor George Angell (TSB) - While 3 cost is a slot with a lot of competition, the ability to cancel ANY triggered effect is very powerful, if you can discern the best time to use it. Until then, he's another body at stories.
- Sarah Van Shaw (WoP) - Of course you want to play tomes with her, but when you have one, all lodge characters get two additional icons, which is fantastic. Since she's the crux of the combo, you'll want to have a way to protect her so that it doesn't all fall apart at the wrong time.
- Carl Stanford (SoK) - The new Carl is excellent in a mono-ST build due to his passive ability, but when you throw in a lot of Yog's spells, or try to abuse ST's rituals, it's a certain one card a turn back to your hand.
- Hermetic Seal (TiV) - Cheap cancel for a variety of annoying effects.