Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Silver Twilight top 10 cards

- - - - - silver twilight

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
I'll have to give The Doorway another shot with that in mind then.

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

I don't know if Doorway is top 10, remember that it's got errata that weakens it.

Doorway wasn't weakened by the errata, it was fixed. As printed its triggered effect didn't have a trigger, and that's simply impossible.
  • Danigral likes this

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
No mention of Josef Meiger? With the right rituals he can generate some serious card/ board advantage very quickly, and if the rituals get a benefit from even 1 use the downside isn't even that bad.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

This is an older thread, I think it may just predate Meiger.  But yes, he's a great card.  He was quite central to my Gencon deck this year.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

bump

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Just updated with Josef Mieger and HOST. Also updated the honorable mentions.

Am I forgetting something? Let me know!

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I'm not sure I'd rate H.O.S.T. as a top-10 card.  It's awfully expensive to get into play, and as a faction with plenty of Investigation it's not often that your opponent is taking stories faster than you to active his discount early.  The synergy with Rich Widow is nice, but you have to get him on the table first which usually means you need some sort of trick.

Anyway, here's hoping we get another juicy ST card when the Agency box arrives :)

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I'm not sure I'd rate H.O.S.T. as a top-10 card.  It's awfully expensive to get into play, and as a faction with plenty of Investigation it's not often that your opponent is taking stories faster than you to active his discount early.  The synergy with Rich Widow is nice, but you have to get him on the table first which usually means you need some sort of trick.

Anyway, here's hoping we get another juicy ST card when the Agency box arrives :)

I like to use it with Twilight Gate, however, even without it, it's possible to plan to use this mid-game when it is likely to cost 4, and then be able to control the game better using his ability and card advantage. He has pretty good icons too. What do you think should go on instead?

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I was just experimenting with a deck that used Twilight Gate to bring out H.O.S.T. and combo it with Rich Widow (and Nephren-Ka as well).  6 cards for a 2-cost event was nice but ultimately it was too much space in the deck and ended up getting cut.  Not that it couldn't fit into a different deck of course, it just wasn't quite working out for this one.

As for an alternate, I would put Steal the Soul as a top 10, it goes into almost every ST deck I make.  Carl Sanford is very good too if you run Spells, although not every deck does.  Plus, there might be some good stuff in the Agency box that could make good candidates too, so let's keep our fingers crossed :)

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

I second Steal the Soul (though I've sometimes subbed in Pass Grip of a Master if my deck has a lot of character destruction or I want to be ensured an investigation icon).

I've also been having fun with the ST Carl Stanford in a Yog spell deck (plus the card art is a personal favorite).  He may find renewed play with all of the cost reduction Agency is going to get in their deluxe expansion.

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
You Know Too Much is a huge tempo play if you can get it turn 1.

Corwin81

Corwin81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Alright, I'd propose to add August Linquist to top 10 and bounce Dirk Sharpe to honorable mentions.

Also, quite like Sigil of Doom for honorable mentions, a good removal that works well with Master of Myths.

• VonWibble likes this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

August is definitely worthy.

• Danigral and Wilbur like this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I like August and Sgt. Terry.

ssjevot

ssjevot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

August for sure, but Terry is overrated.  Not anywhere near Ramsdale.

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

I'd drop HOST for August. Not sure if HOST should even be in the honorable mentions...

• TuT likes this

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

I also rather like Professor George Angell. Probably not _quite_ top ten material, but deserves a honorary mention, imho.

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
I believe he already has one!

Wilbur

Wilbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
I'm a big fan of George Angell. The groan when he hits the table to cancel your opponent's best-laid plans is priceless.

Seriously, he puts Meiger Shenanigans into Meiger lock territory.

BustaMazoo

BustaMazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

The trouble with George is that he's a three-cost, and ST already has a glut of awesome three-costers.

With that said, if August Lindquist isn't a top-ten, I'll eat my shoe.