Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quiz Thread!

- - - - - trivia fun

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
I thought it could be fun to get a little bit of a trivia thread going, to spread knowledge of weird miscellany from the game. If I'm wrong I guess we'll find out soon enough when this thread dies :P.

Basically, you ask a question about the game, someone answers it, and if they're correct they get to ask the next one. No cheating (and I imagine it'd be pretty easy to cheat), but obviously it's kinda hard to prove so we'll go with an honour system here.

I'll start us off with this teaser:

What are the only three Knight characters in the game without a Military icon?
  • Bomb, ShadowcatX2000, PulseGlazer and 1 other like this

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
If we only know part of the answer should we refrain from guessing? Or could this be a team effort? I can think of one.

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
I'm cool with it being a team effort. I think one of them is more obvious than the other two, so unless you're desperate to get the jump on someone so you can ask your own question, feel free to contribute part of the answer and let someone else finish it off.

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

I'm cool with it being a team effort. I think one of them is more obvious than the other two, so unless you're desperate to get the jump on someone so you can ask your own question, feel free to contribute part of the answer and let someone else finish it off.

I already failed and had to look them up. I think part of the reason I didn't think of one of the characters is because I don't use him for the Knight trait, so I never pay attention to it.

ShadowcatX2000

ShadowcatX2000

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1394 posts
Since we can do a team effort:

I think the first one is the dude who is 3 strength, 2 cost, Lannister character with an intrigue icon who gains a power icon if you have another Lord in play. (I wish I'd played against Jacob's knight deck more than just the once.)

I know there's not one in Greyjoy. And beyond that I'm stumped. (I'm going to go look so no more input from me on this question.)

Grimwalker

Grimwalker

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Well there is only the one Knight in Greyjoy. They worship the Drowned God, and Knights are anointed by the Seven (or by Beric Dondarrion under R'llhor)

darkbladecb

darkbladecb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I think the first one is the dude who is 3 strength, 2 cost, Lannister character with an intrigue icon who gains a power icon if you have another Lord in play. (I wish I'd played against Jacob's knight deck more than just the once.)

Kevan. That's a good catch. I'd forgotten he was a Knight, since he has that "another Lord" stipulation.

The new Lansel Lannister (3 cost, 2 STR, I/P, Holy crest) is the only one that jumped to my mind. Of course, he gets a Military Icon on Power of Faith turns, though. ;)

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
The new Ser Lancel Lannister (TPoL) is the one I thought of. Shadowcat got Ser Kevan Lannister (LotR), so we're just missing one.

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
Yup, those are two of the three, one more. And I like that they're father and son, its like Lancel inherited the "Knight who's **** at Military" gene.
  • agktmte likes this

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts
Damn.. Lancel was the only one I could think of and it's already been given... Any hints? House? Uniqueness?

14Shirt

14Shirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Yup, those are two of the three, one more. And I like that they're father and son, its like Lancel inherited the "Knight who's **** at Military" gene.

Give us a clue. Is the third one Lannister as well? It's the first house to consider but I'm guessing the other one comes from someplace else . . .

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
Third one is also Lannister, a significantly older card than the other two.

14Shirt

14Shirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
Sir Armory Lorch?

(nm: I checked his card after I guessed . .. )

Edited by 14Shirt, 03 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts
And I was just about to guess that it was a night's watch neutral... I wish I knew the Lanni cards better.

14Shirt

14Shirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
I can't think of a specific card for Sir Boros Blount, but he certainly could be a knight with no military icon.

(nm again: I was actually thinking of Dontos and named the wrong character.)

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts

And I was just about to guess that it was a night's watch neutral... I wish I knew the Lanni cards better.

There's actually only one Night's Watch character who's a Knight. That might be a fun future question ;). Suffice to say that character has a Military Icon though.

OKTarg

OKTarg

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1756 posts
Ser Ilyn Payne (Core), right?

Let's just assume I am so I can ask a question. I'll do a bit of an easier one:

Can you name the only Unique Greyjoy characters with negative traits? This is a bit of a trick question alongside being easy, of course :)

OKTarg

OKTarg

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1756 posts
LOL, I double checked myself and it's not as easy as I thought!

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
How many are there? I've got two off the top of my head, I'll steer clear so someone else can ask the next question but curious how many there are to think of :).

And yeah, Ilyn Payne is the third one. Curious that he doesn't have a military icon given he beheads people for a living, but there ya go.
  • nmcpeek likes this

r480

r480

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The new holy knight, Lancel, Ser Kevan and Ser Illn Payne ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trivia, fun