Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Indianapolis, IN Regional Decks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
Source

First Place

DarkSide
Affiliation
Imperial Navy

Objectives
2 x Counsel of the Sith
2 x Death and Despayre
1 x Deploy the Fleet
2 x Fall of the Jedi
1 x Imperial Command
2 x The Emperor's Web

LightSide

Affiliation
Rebel Alliance

Objectives
2 x Fleeing the Empire
2 x Hoth Operations
2 x Preparation for Battle
2 x The Defense of Yavin 4
2 x The Rebel Fleet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Place

DarkSide
Affiliation
Imperial Navy

Objectives
2 x Counsel of the Sith
2 x Death and Despayre
1 x Deploy the Fleet
2 x Fall of the Jedi
1 x Imperial Command
2 x The Emperor's Web

LightSide
Affiliation
Rebel Alliance

Objectives
2 x Fleeing the Empire
2 x Hoth Operations
2 x Mobilize the Squadrons
2 x The Defense of Yavin 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Place

DarkSide
Affiliation
Imperial Navy

Objectives
2 x Counsel of the Sith
2 x Death and Despayre
1 x Deploy the Fleet
2 x Fall of the Jedi
1 x Imperial Command
2 x The Emperor's Web

LightSide
Affiliation
Smugglers and Spies

Objectives
2 x A Hero's Journey
2 x Forgotten Heroes
2 x Questionable Contacts
2 x The Secret of Yavin 4

Forth Place

DarkSide
Affiliation
Imperial Navy

Objectives
1 x Corporate Exploitation
2 x Defense Protocol
2 x Imperial Command
2 x Looking for Droids
2 x Lord Vader's Command
1 x Reconnaissance Mission

LightSide

Affiliation
Jedi

Objectives
2 x A Hero's Journey
2 x A Journey to Dagobah
1 x Draw Their Fire
1 x Hit and Run
2 x Mission Briefing
2 x The Secret of Yavin 4

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
Interesting, all Navy affiliation, mostly Big Red Bus and a Trooper deck. I might have to try out the Vader/Emperor/Star Destroyer combination. But I do love my Sith Control.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Interesting, all Navy affiliation, mostly Big Red Bus and a Trooper deck. I might have to try out the Vader/Emperor/Star Destroyer combination. But I do love my Sith Control.

Yeah i feel the meta has shifted to less of ice trompers and more hard hitting goodness.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Yeah i feel the meta has shifted to less of ice trompers and more hard hitting goodness.

No, it didn't really. Most players there were playing the standard Hoth Control list / standard Smuggler's Den list. The top three finishers were all part of the same group, and we all ran the same DS deck, and to be honest if we ran any different decks we probably would have still came out on the top of the regional again (just top 3 would have moved around - not knocking any of the players at the regional but our group only lost to each other). The deck does have a great midrange feel to it - you can control the board and you can destroy objectives. If I were to have done it again, I would have wanted to remove a copy of something (still figuring which to take out) and add in 1x Cruel Interrogations. I missed having the droids against the shielded units and I missed Interrogation.
  • Budgernaut likes this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts

It is certainly interesting and possibly a good idea to counter the chance of a tie breaker issue with no or few objectives destroyed. It is kind of the best of both worlds, destroying objectives and controlling things with the Sith "big dudes".

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

It is certainly interesting and possibly a good idea to counter the chance of a tie breaker issue with no or few objectives destroyed. It is kind of the best of both worlds, destroying objectives and controlling things with the Sith "big dudes".

Also you are not going to see as many Jedi deck as you would have previously, so some cards in those DS Hoth sets are less attractive.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

No, it didn't really. Most players there were playing the standard Hoth Control list / standard Smuggler's Den list. The top three finishers were all part of the same group, and we all ran the same DS deck, and to be honest if we ran any different decks we probably would have still came out on the top of the regional again (just top 3 would have moved around - not knocking any of the players at the regional but our group only lost to each other). The deck does have a great midrange feel to it - you can control the board and you can destroy objectives. If I were to have done it again, I would have wanted to remove a copy of something (still figuring which to take out) and add in 1x Cruel Interrogations. I missed having the droids against the shielded units and I missed Interrogation.

I would take out one of the D&Ds or one of the fall of the jedi's.

You cant really say you would have still won, you never know how it would have turned out.

Also you are not going to see as many Jedi deck as you would have previously, so some cards in those DS Hoth sets are less attractive.

How so? The jedi deck is still very powerful vs the sith decks. Now I have found that vs the new navy deck they have a very hard time dealing with the constant damage being dealt to objectives.

I still say rebels are a little less powerful then the jedi deck. Mainly due to still not having any good edge battle and very lack of board control. With the rebels right now you just attack and hope that they do not tactician all your Y-Wings.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

You cant really say you would have still won, you never know how it would have turned out.

At a regional with good competition, you're right. However, a lot of the players were either very new at the game, didn't know how to correctly play the game, or blindly netdecking without understanding how a deck works. Of all the regionals I've been to, this one was the least challenging. Not trying to knock the players, because they were very awesome people, they just were newer at the game or inexperienced, and I'm 99% sure our group would still have been in the top 3 spots.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

[/size]

At a regional with good competition, you're right. However, a lot of the players were either very new at the game, didn't know how to correctly play the game, or blindly netdecking without understanding how a deck works. Of all the regionals I've been to, this one was the least challenging. Not trying to knock the players, because they were very awesome people, they just were newer at the game or inexperienced, and I'm 99% sure our group would still have been in the top 3 spots.

Ah ok I see what your saying now.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

I would take out one of the D&Ds or one of the fall of the jedi's.

How so? The jedi deck is still very powerful vs the sith decks. Now I have found that vs the new navy deck they have a very hard time dealing with the constant damage being dealt to objectives.

I still say rebels are a little less powerful then the jedi deck. Mainly due to still not having any good edge battle and very lack of board control. With the rebels right now you just attack and hope that they do not tactician all your Y-Wings.

I didn't say the Jedi deck wasn't good, just that it isn't all you are going to see. Prior to SfS, if you were playing a good player you were 90% of the time getting a Jedi or Jedi/Smug deck, and if you were playing a bad player who cared what they were running. Now you are getting a much larger spread of decks from good players, thus sets oriented to a certain type of control aren't as good as they would be otherwise.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

[/size]

This is really true at this juncture of the game. We run bi-weekly tournaments with about 7-10 attending, and it's the same two people at the top pretty much constantly. There is a wide margin between those that "get" the game and those that don't. If you are going to a regional that has 8 people odds are 3 are just not good/really new, 1-2 are so-so/still new, and three are good/have at least played a bunch. So if you are traveling in with 3 of those 8, and you know those 3 know what there doing, then you can predict decently towards successes.