Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
New Deckbuilders Coming!
The new and much improved Android Netrunner Deckbuilder is now live. Check out this topic for the details!

Darksbane
Photo

OCTGN and Call of Cthulhu

- - - - - OCTGN

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Greetings, all.

I've taken over as the OCTGN game maintainer for Call of Cthulhu. I've added The Key and the Gate to OCTGN, but I know that the deck builder here has the wrong IDs for many CoC cards. Is there someone I can talk to, to get those IDs updated, so the Export to OCTGN function here will work?

Edit: To clarify, I've taken over the Call of Cthulhu OCTGN plugin as it sits on octgn.gamersjudgement.com -- I was not aware of one here being maintained separately.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1,147 posts
PM Darksbane. He is the administrator.

Glad to know that OCTGN is getting some love again.

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Perfect, thanks.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
Now if only OCTGN would run without crashing on my Macbook then we'd really be in business :)

Booored

Booored

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
the lackey plugin works perfectly and is kept pretty up todate through that french centapeed site place...

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Now if only OCTGN would run without crashing on my Macbook then we'd really be in business :)

Sadly, I don't have a lot of control over that. :)

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
I know, I just try to ***** about it whenever I can on the assumption that the more people complain the more SOMEONE will address it.

And yes, for now I just use Lackey which works fine on all platforms.

kriss

kriss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hello darksir23 i used to help Sadric to update lackey's plugin and i use db0's octgn plugin and add some tools !
I don't take time for a while to maintain both plugin so thank you for your work.

About id cards from cardgamedb, i sent a mp to darsbane long time ago with excel file and all id to change : it seams he never had time to update his databese with it.

A friend of me (PlasticXO) make an excel tool to convert cardgame deck list into deck.txt , wich is compatible with lackey.
In fact is just a macro to change cardgame through excel list, so basically we can make change to use it to be used with octgn (an octgn deck file is like an xml page)
It's not really simple the first time but easiest to use with some practice.

If you want to talk to me about plugin, you can contact me with my skype: a.krisss666 so i can give you all my experience about it.
I heard some players make some update for octgn plugin, so it will be good to have a conference to make a proper and unique version

edit : some players prefer play with lackey because there is an autosave (very usefull)
To me, octgn is far better for the ergonomy but since last update i feel octgn has more crash an need more ressource :(
  • Danigral likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Greetings, all.

I've taken over as the OCTGN game maintainer for Call of Cthulhu. I've added The Key and the Gate to OCTGN, but I know that the deck builder here has the wrong IDs for many CoC cards. Is there someone I can talk to, to get those IDs updated, so the Export to OCTGN function here will work?

Edit: To clarify, I've taken over the Call of Cthulhu OCTGN plugin as it sits on octgn.gamersjudgement.com -- I was not aware of one here being maintained separately.

cool... is there a way you can post the images with out a magnet link.. i can not use them

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

cool... is there a way you can post the images with out a magnet link.. i can not use them

I've put it in my Dropbox:
COC.zip
The password to extract the .o8c file is 'OCTGN'.

Darkman

Darkman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I was wondering who is able to update the lackey plugin with the new cards of the latest expansion (tKatG)?

Kriss, are you still doing this? Maybe I can assist in a way? I'm no IT-expert though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OCTGN