Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
New Deckbuilders Coming!
The new and much improved Star Wars Deckbuilder is now live. Check out this topic for the details!

Darksbane
Photo

New force pack relieved!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
These where taken from the smugglers den podcast facebook page.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Darksbane likes this

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
you left out the jedi set.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

you left out the jedi set.

No i didnt.....second image and thank you dark for adding a link to the facebook forgot to do that.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey look a subpar smug pod!

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
I am honestly not all that happy with these sets :(

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey at least now your renegade squadron that never diedd will be even more never dead with protect!

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I was really hoping the new smug pod would make boba fett playable :(

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 330 posts
I'm thinking Boba's pod is so bad he may never be playable.
  • SmokeyJ likes this

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

I'm thinking Boba's pod is so bad he may never be playable.

I think the only card really playable in Boba's Pod is the Armor. If Scum ever gets a Protect Character unit then that would pretty much mean it's not playable at all. Or you could just run Palpatine.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
I have had good success with Boba to be honest. He can be difficult to play around.

I'm loving these sneak peaks. I wish the Anzati Elite had more than 1 damage capacity though.

The Navy, SS and SV objective sets are all pretty cool. Especially the navy pod, I'm loving that.

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Hey look a subpar smug pod!

What makes the S&S pod subpar? It looks like an auto-include in most Rebel decks. Isn't it basically a Rebel version of the Guardians pod, which is practically an auto-included for most Jedi decks?

Scum and Villainy...well I don't know. I think in a vacuum it's not that good. But I'll hold off judgement until Edge of Darkness drops. We'll probably be able to do some major hurt with that objective ability in the future. Attack with Slave I, maybe destroy an objective, capture something with Utinni, unfocus Slave I, attack again.

Sith: Right now, which pod would I take out for this? Beats me. But Anger could be a pretty awesome card.

Jedi: I like it. It gives Jedi more units and a chance to blow up objectives quicker.

Navy: You put 2 of these and 2 Defence Protocols in your deck, LS is going to be taking a lot of damage, without you even attacking. I'm really excited about this one.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
The new smuggler pod looks pretty good for Rebel vehicle decks. I dont think it goes into every rebel vehicle deck, but one that runs Home 1 and maybe Renegade Squadron wants it. The protect vehicles with the Repair droids will be stupid good.

Prep for Battle x2
Prep for Evac x2
Rebel Fleet x2
Defense of Yavin 4 x2
Hoth Ops x2

Yes, you lose Echo Caverns but you get to play with Home 1. If you strike 2 times with Home 1 you should win the game because all of your speeder units become serious threats when the dial hits 8. This is where I will begin my testing for the deck.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
I'm trying to figure out how Self Preservation fits in with the Han/Jedi Prep for Battle deck, because it sure feels like it should.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
A Dark Time for the Rebellion will be even better whenever The Balance of the Force hits shelves. You could be doing 2-3 damage a turn with it depending on how many players are on the LS.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

I'm trying to figure out how Self Preservation fits in with the Han/Jedi Prep for Battle deck, because it sure feels like it should.

That is what I thought at first as well but where would you put it in? Can not really take out yoda/luke/han If your running smugglers caverns then you would take out either RSM or possily the guardian pod.

If your running the same deck but with kenobi and MFB then I see no reason to take either out because its such a strong deck. I guess take kenobi out?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

That is what I thought at first as well but where would you put it in? Can not really take out yoda/luke/han If your running smugglers caverns then you would take out either RSM or possily the guardian pod.

If your running the same deck but with kenobi and MFB then I see no reason to take either out because its such a strong deck. I guess take kenobi out?

I'm still running the Han/Luke/Kenobi/Guardian/Prep version. Kenobi is about the only one I'd consider dropping for Preservation, but the I'm not convinced that the deck can work losing one of the big units. I could see running it with the original Smugglers Den deck as Han/Luke/Yoda/Guardian/Preservation.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

I'm still running the Han/Luke/Kenobi/Guardian/Prep version. Kenobi is about the only one I'd consider dropping for Preservation, but the I'm not convinced that the deck can work losing one of the big units. I could see running it with the original Smugglers Den deck as Han/Luke/Yoda/Guardian/Preservation.

See I have been running MFB and having a lot easier time when I would be with the guardian set. Having OBS or 2 on luke or yoda + trust your feelings....Darkside is helpless. I think I would run this:

x2 luke
x2 Yoda or kenobi
x2 Han
x2 MFB
x2 preservation

I feel that I rely on the guardian way to much if I put them in.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
I too do not use the Guardians. I replaced them with A Message from Beyonds set when it came out in March. Deck has been very successful so far. The one problem I see with it is that it makes the Jedi deck rely a lot on enhancements and with Utinni! and Turbo Laser Battery on the way there is about to be some enhancement hate in the meta which could seriously hurt or cripple this deck type.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Wi

See I have been running MFB and having a lot easier time when I would be with the guardian set. Having OBS or 2 on luke or yoda + trust your feelings....Darkside is helpless. I think I would run this:

x2 luke
x2 Yoda or kenobi
x2 Han
x2 MFB
x2 preservation

I feel that I rely on the guardian way to much if I put them in.

With that setup, definitely go with Yoda over Kenobi. I run Kenobi over Yoda for the tactics and shields in the pod, but without Prep for Battle that's less of a concern. The Guardians are there for more shields and because 2-cost weenies are a very important thing to have around.

I'm actually thinking about trying Luke/Han/Yoda/Guardian/Preservation as an updated version of Smugglers Den that is a little less prone to dead starts.

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 397 posts
The S&V oSet starts to make S&V look playable, incinerator looks pretty clutch for those games that drag out and the head hunter gives them a 3hp unit that hits units, objectives and hand each time it strikes, ill take that.