Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New force pack relieved!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
I really like Anger. I feel like it can find a home in a more "classic" Sith control deck.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts

I really like Anger. I feel like it can find a home in a more "classic" Sith control deck.

I wish that there were other cards that I liked with Anger in the set. I feel like the prophets should be free and are just not good enough at one cost, the tactics are too fragile for the investment (could play a Rancor for that cost and still be dangerous if I lost an edge battle), and Force Push is good but not a need-to-have card. Bottom line: I'd have trouble running this for only 2/5 cards. The objective is nice, but not usually a trouble spot for Sith.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Force Push I wish was not limited to non-uniques but I suppose if it could target anyone it might almost be too powerful. Anzati Elite would likely end up in my discard from an Edge Battle.

I think I will try this set out when I get back to building a Sith Control deck. Right now I am having fun with Big Red Bus. No losses so far with it.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
I desperately want to like the Anzati Elite but at 1 damage capacity its is merely heat of battle fodder. At least its good tossing it in an edge battle.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
So heres my problem with Scum right now....

I look at all the pods and I wonder...whats the benefit for capturing?

a) remove a focus token from an objective?!?! So this lets me what? quickly refresh (ala mobilize the squadrons) a 2 resource objective...of which BESPIN EXCHANGE ISNT EVEN ONE (so frustrating). If it was remove from a unit it would be great...and make up for that lackluster pod.

Sidenote- Why does useful boba (w/ armor) cost as much as palpatine to end up still being worse than han?!

B) remove 3 focus tokens from 3 different NON UNIT cards...!?!?!?!? Why?!?! I mean this is great for removing all those focus tokens from all those awesome enhancements DS focuses right now... sigh - Again why is this not UNITS?! It could be useful to combo capturing something into unfocusing a guy that got tripple focused...or being able to defend with other units. Leave a hamerhead to defend...capture something...then unfocus more defenders... instead we get this trash =/

If I sound frustrated it is because I am.

Why does smuglers get the 2 best pods in the game right now...with a decent 3rd...while Scum gets these subpar pods. I mean look at hans pod...now look at boba...seriously...are you kiding me?

holliday88

holliday88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
Is the art on Action-series Bulk Transport from a toy or action figure carrying case? Hence the 'Action' name and that it puts out dudes?

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
It looks like a toy...but its a thing ;p

http://starwars.wiki...on_VI_transport

We definitely have a contender for worst art in the game so far ;p
  • holliday88 likes this

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
It seems to me that Self Preservation does not fit into any of the dominant Jedi archetypes. I see it as an entirely new archetype based around keeping the force, recurring cards, and locking stuff down with Mind Tricks. I'll probably try some variant of 3,7, and Self Preservation. I'll have to take a serious look at what pods go with this type of build. I don't think a fragile Han or Yoda work without protection. Perhaps Luke and Renegade Squadron stuff. The problem with the three pods I listed it that between them they have 0 resources or cancels and only one good unit. So it feels like an archetype that may be more of a fun alternative rather than a legit tournament deck at the moment.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
That is an interesting point Tiny. I am going to have to take a look through my cards later to see how many depend on you having control of the force for extra effect.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
Justin played two games with the new pod in place of Han in his current Preparation for Battle deck. If he got the objective it, it really helps the LS win the force (in fact even committing a Palpatine didn't help on my end), so I was impressed with the actual objective - as for the outcasts, they seemed really solid but I personally would rather have a Han Solo.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Would love your insight on my scum overview Tiny... I am sorely hoping I am overlooking something ;p

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
wow, these sets are terrible. the scum pod is just bad imo.... the navy pod which we already saw is ok, but the rest of these pods I can't see subbing into any of my current decks. I am finally happy to see s smugglers pod that isn't another "best set in the game" objective set, but I am really getting worried now about the scum and villainy affiliation because we've seen a few of the sets from EoD, and now this one, and I'm completely unimpressed. furthermore, compared to smugglers, they just downright suck. they already made Fett terrible...come on FFG, please step your game up!

Redbaron

Redbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I think the jedi can be pretty good when played with luke, han, yoda, and the protectors. It gives you better control of the force and has some offensive power which the jedi could use more of. Shielding on luke is really good since he can be used for offense and defense. It is another good, not great, pod for the jedi that can be used instead of the renegades and not have resource match problems (which have happened to me too much lately), but it is hard to give up the echo caverns and munitions expert tricks, and the tactis on the ship.

The smuggler pod seems good as well for rebels to help keep units on the board. Combined with prep for battle and stuff should stick around for a while. Not as good or efficient as the jedi protector pod, but seems quite useful.

Not impressed with the sith or scum pod right now.

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I like them. Nothing "OMG" powerful, but some nice additions. I probably want to tinker with the Jedi pod, to see how effective taking the Force would be. The S&S pod is pure support, whether it is for your big ships, or filling out S&S deck a bit more. Not sure what the dislike for the S&V pod. Z-95s are great, a nice durable damage dealer, while draining their hand, whether in the Edge battle or their strike. Which can be combined into some nasty double strikes with the Hunt for Han Solo. Cloud City Incinerator may not seem good, but I can see why you may not want more captured cards on your objective later in the game. And the Prophets aren't really good, but remember, there is some good strength in sacrificing units for Sith. It's 1 cost for a card draw and cheap unit to sacrifice. Should be fun.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

The smuggler pod seems good as well for rebels to help keep units on the board. Combined with prep for battle and stuff should stick around for a while. Not as good or efficient as the jedi protector pod, but seems quite useful.

With repair droid and 2 of the protectors you have a pretty good protection shell going, which I would argue is better than what the Jedi can do. You also need to realize that Rebels dont need sheilds on their protectors like the Jedi just because the Rebels have the Prep for Battle pod. Shields on the rebel guys would have been too good in my opinion.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

It seems to me that Self Preservation does not fit into any of the dominant Jedi archetypes. I see it as an entirely new archetype based around keeping the force, recurring cards, and locking stuff down with Mind Tricks. I'll probably try some variant of 3,7, and Self Preservation. I'll have to take a serious look at what pods go with this type of build. I don't think a fragile Han or Yoda work without protection. Perhaps Luke and Renegade Squadron stuff. The problem with the three pods I listed it that between them they have 0 resources or cancels and only one good unit. So it feels like an archetype that may be more of a fun alternative rather than a legit tournament deck at the moment.

My thoughts exactly! I was also thinking that these will be more useful in the multi-player version of the game.

Redbaron

Redbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

With repair droid and 2 of the protectors you have a pretty good protection shell going, which I would argue is better than what the Jedi can do. You also need to realize that Rebels dont need sheilds on their protectors like the Jedi just because the Rebels have the Prep for Battle pod. Shields on the rebel guys would have been too good in my opinion.

By not as efficient I just meant that the jedi can shield and protect using only one pod, and rebels have to take two pods and really needed prep for battle out to be effective before this pod. Since you don't always see prep for battle in the objective draw this pod gives more consistency in allowing your units to stay on the board.

bmtrocks

bmtrocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Preperation of Evacuation - Decent pod. I see a lot of potential in Action-series Bulk Transport, it's just too bad the decks that would want to play this pod doesn't run very much characters. This pod will probably get better with age aka more Smugglers.

Self Preservation - Meh pod, doesn't do much to help Light side decks. Usually Light side decks can function just fine without the balance of the Force being on their side. Soresu Training is a great enhancement, though.

The Hunt for Han Solo - Worst pod in the entire set. Doesn't do anything good for Scum and Villainy. Until we can actually get some form of advantage through capturing units, there's really no point in the deck right now. It's Han Solo exclusive effect is also pretty pointless.

Serve the Emperor - Decent pod, but just that and nothing else. Dark Side decks don't have any problems with force struggle in the first place which makes the objective kind of meh. Prophet of the Dark Side is a good weeny card, Anger is decent, and Force Push is fantastic. Anzati Elite is terrible.

A Dark Time for the Rebellion - Best pod, though we knew about this already. I feel like this pod will be staple in certain decks and could push more variety into Navy and Sith decks. All the cards in this pod are good.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
The weird thing about the Action-series Bulk Transport is it's in a vehicle focused pod and it gets out characters. It also doesn't have an objective damage, and for a cost of 4 that's pretty bad. It can be useful if you happen to come across a Leia with it, but it's usefulness is limited.

Played some games with Self Preservation last night, and while I'm not crazy about the cards in the pod, the objective is amazing at controlling the force. DS had a hard time even after dropping a Palpatine.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
My favorite new deck idea I think is the "big ship" rebels

Basically

2xHome1
2xEvac
2xRenegade
2xRogue3
2xRed2

Havnt done the research/planning yet so not sure about resources and fate card numbers (no twists sucks)...but...in theory its blast damage you can push through that is unstopable with protectors and repair droid.

Basically set up and then do a couple pushes to win. Kinda like hoth rebel...but without all the tactics enabled blast :P