Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next Pacta Arcana (#7) pact up for vote!

- - - - - CoC Pacta Arcana Miskatonic

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Pacta Arcana #7 - MU and ...? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

What pact with MU should the next article focus on?

1. The Agency (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. The Syndicate (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Silver Twilight (4 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

4. Cthulhu (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

5. Hastur (already #3) (1 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

6. Shub-Niggurath (3 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

7. Yog-Sothoth (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Alright, I had a pretty good result last time with the poll, so I'm trying it again.

Feel free to vote for multiple factions. The most votes by next Monday, June 10, will be paired with MU for the next article!

(I already did Hastur in #3, but if people want to see another version, that's cool.)

Cheers-
Danigral

blinovitch

blinovitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
Cops 'n scholars against the outer dark, I say.

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Got to go with my favorite odd Misk pairing - Cthulhu!

Darkman

Darkman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I'd love to see some draw/discard deck that focusses on drawing cards and discarding them to make use of the discardpile-effect of some of the new cards.
For instance Alternative historican icw yithian scout or scholar of yith

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I'd love to see some draw/discard deck that focusses on drawing cards and discarding them to make use of the discardpile-effect of some of the new cards.
For instance Alternative historican icw yithian scout or scholar of yith

That's a cool idea. I was thinking of the same thing, but with ST instead of MU. The Butler, Unbound, etc. I'll have to look to see which might be better. What do you think?

Darkman

Darkman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
yes, im working on a ST and Yog deck with some of these ideas but to maximize the discard effects its quite essential to have enough cards to make it work and then you also still need cards in hand to play. I don't know of you can keep it running effective enough without some extra carddrawing

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

yes, im working on a ST and Yog deck with some of these ideas but to maximize the discard effects its quite essential to have enough cards to make it work and then you also still need cards in hand to play. I don't know of you can keep it running effective enough without some extra carddrawing

Do the new Yog cards not help?
Return to Yith (TkatG)
Keeper of the Great Library (TKatG)
Vortex of Time (TKatG)

Darkman

Darkman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
yes they do. you are totally right. was only thinking about ST and their lack of card drawing, totally forgot about the new yog cards

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

yes they do. you are totally right. was only thinking about ST and their lack of card drawing, totally forgot about the new yog cards

I was beginning to think of what I would do for MU and Yog, and I started gravitating toward a tome based build, perhaps using libraries and some of the discard pile stuff like Scholar from Yith (TKatG). Using discard effects like Alternative Historian (SoK), Andrew-Chapman (TKatG), Pawn Broker (IT), and Lost City of Pnakotus (TKatG) to get stuff I want in the discard.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I was beginning to think of what I would do for MU and Yog, and I started gravitating toward a tome based build, perhaps using libraries and some of the discard pile stuff like Scholar from Yith (TKatG). Using discard effects like Alternative Historian (SoK), Andrew-Chapman (TKatG), Pawn Broker (IT), and Lost City of Pnakotus (TKatG) to get stuff I want in the discard.

I guess people didn't like this idea since we got 2 new votes for Cthulhu since then. :P

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
And Cthulhu edges out Yog-Sothoth in the end! Thanks all for your contributions. Any suggestions for MVP cards to include that you want to see?

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
A fun deck type!

Kind of silly but consider:

College Prospect (SoK) + Sports Scholarship (SoK) + Khopesh of the Abyss (TSS)

:ph34r:

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Kind of silly but consider:

College Prospect (SoK) + Sports Scholarship (SoK) + Khopesh of the Abyss (TSS)

That does look pretty funny ;)

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Just an update, Pacta Arcana will be delayed since I have a lot to prepare for this week. It will hopefully be up next week, or more likely (so as not to interfere with kama's O, Rlyeh?! articles) the following week.

Sorry all! And thanks for reading!
  • badash56 likes this

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Just an update, Pacta Arcana will be delayed since I have a lot to prepare for this week. It will hopefully be up next week, or more likely (so as not to interfere with kama's O, Rlyeh?! articles) the following week.

Sorry all! And thanks for reading!

Big day on Saturday! :)
  • Danigral likes this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Yeah, I should have the MU/Cthulhu deck ready to test on Friday when you come down, badash.
  • badash56 likes this

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Yeah, I should have the MU/Cthulhu deck ready to test on Friday when you come down, badash.

Sweet, I will be building decks every night this week I think lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoC, Pacta Arcana, Miskatonic