Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
New Deckbuilders Coming!
The new and much improved Star Wars Deckbuilder is now live. Check out this topic for the details!

Darksbane
Photo

Official Post - OCTGN Tournament - The Regional to End all Regionals

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 330 posts
This is the official rules and roll call for "The Regional to End all Regionals."

Brought to you by our official sponsors:

Game Empire Pasadena

Top Tier Gaming

The tourney will officially begin Monday July 8th. Everyone must be officially registered by Sunday at 10 PM pacific and matchups will be sent out Sunday night. In order to officially register for the event you must email the Smugglers Den Podcast with your email address and location (smugglersdenpodcast at gmail dot com.) Also include your OCTGN handle, Skype handle (optional), and number of regionals won (yes 0 is perfectly acceptable.)

I will have a continually updated list of official entrants and the amount of regional victories they have. I'm willing to bet this tournament will have the most regional wins of any tournament this year. Come join the competitive party!

Prizes:

There will be prizes. I am still working on that aspect. However, all prizes will only be mailed free of charge to US addresses. Others will have to pay their own shipping as I am not independently wealthy. At a minimum there will be prizes for all in the top 8. I'm working on garnering some sponsorship.

NEW PRIZES ADDED

Game Empire is contributing 3 - $20 gift cerficate
Top Tier Gaming is contributing - 1 Regional Trophy
​Ben Telly is contributing - one set of affiliation cards.

1st Prize - In addition to other prizes, will be given the opportunity to appear on the Smuggler's Den for an interview.

2nd Place - In addition to other prizes, will be given the opportunity to appear on Table Flip for an interview.

For those not making the cut there will be a random prize of a 30 minute skype conversation with someone who makes the top 4 or Tiny Grimes. The winner of the prize can choose who they want to chat with. However, if that person doesn't have the time or the desire you may have to choose someone else. (I added myself to the list in case none of the top 4 are interested in participating in this)

Rules:
1.) The tournament will consist of 5 rounds of swiss cutting to a top 16.

1.5) You will have 1 week to complete each round. Results much be in by 8 PM (PST) Sunday evening and the next pairings should be up by midnight Sunday but at the latest will be up by Monday.

2.) During Swiss rounds you may change your deck in between matches. However, once we begin top 8 you will be locked into a deck. The goal here is to avoid a stale environment in the face of new packs. I will attempt to time the beginning of the top 8 to a new pack release.

3.) Each round consists of a DS and LS game following official FFG match rules.

4.) The official venue will be OCTGN with no automation. However, if both parties agree any other venue is fine. OCTGN with automation, Lackey, in person or any other creative method you can find. However, if you have no access to OCTGN that will almost certainly be an issue.

5) Games will be played during standard US time zone hours. If you are not able to schedule a game during a week because your hours conflict you will take a forfeit loss.

6) More rules will be added so pay attention here.

Extra Rules:

We will not be following the FFG statement concerning the dial. It must be bumped, period. OCTGN handles this automatically. However, any other method of play will bump the dial regardless of when it is discovered. If there is a feud which occurs over dial issues, both players will receive a forfeit loss. It is BOTH players job to monitor the dial.

OCTGN resources:
Quick Setup Guide
Quick Tips for Playing Guide
Videdo Tutorial: here.

Official Entrants: Name, OCTGN, (regionals won)
1.) Tiny Grimes, TinyGrimes (2)
2.) Adam Howland, masterjediadam, (2)
3.) Jeremy Sheiko, SmokeyJ, (1)
4.) Steve Cates, Ironcates
5.) Neil Kimball, redsquadronk
6.) Kenny Gage, kgage88
7.) Jef, jef_
8.) Bart Ennis, bootagot
9.) Matt Brown, red5ccg (1)
10.) Fercho Campón, elfercho
11.) Nick Harrison, doctormungmung
12.) Jesús Mera, Toriki_
13.) Nate Tripp, ketricel (1)
14.) Brandon Hay, drfaustus420
15.) Scott Delia, Elleron (1)
16.) Michael Phillips, zacky_midnight
17.) Eric G., Crouton
18.) Micah, Chiller087
19.) Tom Volpe, Cosmid
20.) Ivan Gordon, ivangrdn
21.) Tim Glaser, aestil
22.) Alex Cortés, Gylderon
23.) Tierdal, (1)
24.) Josh McClellan, jcmclellan
25.) Andrew, holapenguin
26.) Warren Cundy, warren12
27.) Roy Engebakken, zlygoor
28.) Gandorf
29.) Mike Rebman, mikerebby (1)
30.) Josh, LethalHobo
31.) Tommy Baker, RedBaron
32.) Daniel Auvil, Ironswimsuit
33.) Jarrett McBride - JMCB (1)
34.) AntaresCD (1)
35.) François Laroche, SiCK_Boy
36.) Alex M., aysteve
37.) Joe Bange, JediJ (1)
38.) Jeremy Bonneau, jayjazz99
39.) Venryk (1)
40.) Jeoffrey Carlson, DJJeoff
41.) Matt Nott, Toqtamish
42.) Travis Cooper, bobbywhiskey (1)
43.) HoopJones
44.) Midian, Oblivion
45.) Husserl
46.) Graham Judd, Magni
47.) Johnny Crawford, desilijic (1)
48.) Brian Vassalo, videninfra (1)
49.) Andrew Knaack, knaacku (1)
50.) Peter Moak, Pletheria
51.) Ryan Daming, Duster72
52.) David Jones, dxopherj (1)
53.) Justin McBride, justind4903 (1)
54.) Paul Romanoski, romo (1)
55.) Jonathan, jonathan.johnson111
56.) Jakob Brown, YPJake (1)
57.) Joe LaPorta, rev.joehr
58.) Patrick Cannon, Bazeleel (45)
59.) Janek Gabriel, Jedi_Knight
60.) Elrathion

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Emailed.

OpT1mUs

OpT1mUs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
So this is US only? Shame

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 330 posts
It is not US only. However, if you are outside the us you will have to be more flexible and adjust your availability to those in the US.

jef

jef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Didn't get the us-only impression from reading the OP, mail sent :).

Toriki

Toriki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Mail sent! Beware the spanish!

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I'm in. My OCTGN id is chiller087
skype handle is kreazyM

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Michael Phillips is MZP531 btw

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Ill play. Tierdal on OCTGN

Why are we not following FFG rules on the dial? Why practice/play improperly?

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 330 posts
Tierdal please send the requested info to the email listed above. I will need it when assembling my group email list. Thanks.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
I will have to bow out of the tournament sadly. Too much going on atm. Also why is regional wins listed? I fail to see how this impacts the tournament or the people playing. I kinda feel its simply there as ego booster to a few people. There really is zero reason for it to be included but maybe thats just me.

Good luck to everyone in the tournament! Also who will be TO'ing the tournament? If tiny is playing then he can not officially be the TO (according to the rules). Is there anyone willing to step up for this roll?
  • tierdal likes this

holliday88

holliday88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Good luck to everyone in the tournament! Also who will be TO'ing the tournament? If tiny is playing then he can not officially be the TO (according to the rules). Is there anyone willing to step up for this roll?

Yes, he can. There just needs to be a 2nd judge in case a ruling is needed in his game.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Yes, he can. There just needs to be a 2nd judge in case a ruling is needed in his game.

Yes I know, that is why I asked....

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm also out this time. Good luck to everyone!

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 330 posts
I would appreciate it if we could reserve this thread to rules questions and a roll call for the event.

TO: I will TO with a partner. Probably Ben as he will be rooting for me to lose. If he is not able to I'll find someone else.

Dial: There is a big push to change this ruling with FFG. I'm hoping this tournament will be part of this push.

Feel free to ask any other rules questions you might have. I hope everyone has a great time. We're up to 25 official entrants now and I'm hoping to get that number to around 50 and 20 regional championships. It will be fun to have the most regional champs at one tourney. The question will be can we get more here or at worlds and Gencon. Good luck everyone!

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I will have to bow out of the tournament sadly. Too much going on atm. Also why is regional wins listed? I fail to see how this impacts the tournament or the people playing. I kinda feel its simply there as ego booster to a few people. There really is zero reason for it to be included but maybe thats just me.

Agreed. completely unnecessary

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 330 posts
30 entrants now. Come join the fun!

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
Sign me up. Why not?

Jarrett McBride - JMCB - 1 Regional Win plus a bunch of other top 2/4s.

Venryk

Venryk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I will play. Email sent.

JediJ

JediJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts