Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Post - OCTGN Tournament - The Regional to End all Regionals

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
Just a heads up. The tournament has gotten so large I've expanded it to 5 rounds of Swiss and a top 16. This is more reflective of a tournament of this size. The only downside is once the top 16 hits it locks us into decks for longer than I would like.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
Damn I cant troll with my trooper deck then ;)

jcmcclellan

jcmcclellan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Bazeleel please email me at j.c.mcclellan@gmail.com regarding our match. Looking forward to it! Have a great night!

Dxopherj

Dxopherj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
I need contact info for Tierdal , please email me at dxopherj@gmail.com to setup our game.

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
DX - message Tierdal directly thats his cardgamedb handle. He did not provide me any further info.

desilijic

desilijic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My opponent for the first round, Jedi_Knight, didn't have an email listed so I sent him a message on CardGameDB yesterday (actually, I sent it to JediKnight, who appears to be the same person despite the lack of an underscore in the name). I didn't hear from him, so I did some searching and found what appears to be a correct email address for him. I haven't received a reply to the email I sent him today.

I don't mean to be impatient, but I'm booked this weekend so I hope to be able to play him some evening during the week. If you are (or know) him, please contact me soon.

Thanks in advance!

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
Smokey J,

This is Justin McBride. When is a good time to play our match?

db0

db0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
FYI, in A:NR we've been using challonge for the tournament

http://octgn.challonge.com/

You might consider doing the same next time as it also provides a built-in way to contact your opponents.
  • Bazeleel likes this

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

FYI, in A:NR we've been using challonge for the tournament

http://octgn.challonge.com/

You might consider doing the same next time as it also provides a built-in way to contact your opponents.

Was actually just about to suggest this >.< Used this program for years and its amazing!

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I finished my first round yesterday? How do I report on this?

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
You had weeks to suggest this and you wait until after the pairings go out? Seriously though thanks for the suggestion ill look into it.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I finished my first round yesterday? How do I report on this?

Same email addresss you emailed to register for it.

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Smokey J,

This is Justin McBride. When is a good time to play our match?

Tomorrow or Friday night is probably best for me, sometime around 9 eastern time.

db0

db0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

You had weeks to suggest this and you wait until after the pairings go out? Seriously though thanks for the suggestion ill look into it.

I wasn't paying particular attention to this thread. Was just surprised you run this manually in the end as I assumed you had at least looked at how the 128-participant A:NR tournaments had been done to get some ideas.

MercyStreet

MercyStreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm secretly hoping this whole thing comes down to Tiny and Bazeleel. The final match decides the validity of the term "pod".
  • Ketricel likes this

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
Where do I post results? I got a modified win against Cosmid (won LS dial 5 - lost DS dial was on 8).

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Where do I post results? I got a modified win against Cosmid (won LS dial 5 - lost DS dial was on 8).

Only a modified win? Slacker.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
I played Justin's dark side Hoth/Sith deck - my god do I not like that deck. Glad we can switch decks throughout the tournament.

For reference here was the list:

2x The General's Imperative
1x Shadows on the Ice
1x Sabotage in the Snow
2x Counsel of the Sith
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x The Emperor's Web

I just needed to draw a Sith event to kill a bothersome rouge 3 before he had the Renegade Squadron Y-Wing out - and I didn't see any. =(

For light side I played the following:

2x Preparation for Battle
2x A Hero's Journey
2x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
2x Questionable Contacts
2x The Secret of Yavin IV

TinyGrimes

TinyGrimes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 392 posts
Sorry Jarrett you didn't read the fine print. Everyone but you can switch decks, sorry man. Seriously though almost every result thus far has been a split.

jayjazz99

jayjazz99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I managed to loose both games. I feel I will be at the bottom 5 considering everyone as won as least one. If only I could blame it on being a new player :( This will be along long tournament. Now, if only I can convince myself to not play my stupid decks and go with the standard top ones.