Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Post - OCTGN Tournament - The Regional to End all Regionals

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
emailed results to you tiny.

JediKnight

JediKnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Oh man, don't tell me you're doing the pairings by hand... Challonge is easily set up ofr SWLCG (2 points for game win, 1 point for game tie, 1 point for match win, 0 rest) and it solves the issue. Match point would be awarded in the case of modified win, rest is self explanatory.

The only problem would be setting up the pairings as they were in the first round, but that should work with just placing people who played together after each other and setting the seeding rules to "order of the participants list". Or placing them across the list and setting it to "traditional seeding rules".

The only thing not complementary with SWLCG is their tiebreaker system - they are using Median-Bucholz system, which does not take into account the lowest and highest scoring opponents (aka the outliers) - these opponents are used in the official tournament rules.

If ya need any help setting it up, feel free to hit me on Skype (janek.gabriel), I've been using it since I've began organizing tournaments for SWLCG. Too bad FFG does not have any program for doing so, even the likes of ****** Wizards Event Reporter.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
Results emailed, I won both of the games using these decks:
DS - Navy affiliation, Sith Vader x2, Emperor x2, Counsel x2, Cruel Interrogations x1, Recon Mission x1, Shadows of Dathomir x1, Motti x1
LS - S&S affiliation, Luke x2, Obi-Wan x2, Secret of Yavin 4 x2, Han x2, Prep for Battle x2

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
First round is over :) Won both sides, I want to thank Josh for a great 2 matches!

Elleron

Elleron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

LS - S&S affiliation, Luke x2, Obi-Wan x2, Secret of Yavin 4 x2, Han x2, Prep for Battle x2

I've been seeing quite a few decks that include the possibility of not drawing an affiliation you might need. In this case, If you draw 2x Han and 2x Prep, you won't have any Jedi Affiliation. It's hard for me to build decks like this because of the big risk involved. Have you drawn any non-Jedi affiliations before? And if so, are you just plain screwed?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

I've been seeing quite a few decks that include the possibility of not drawing an affiliation you might need. In this case, If you draw 2x Han and 2x Prep, you won't have any Jedi Affiliation. It's hard for me to build decks like this because of the big risk involved. Have you drawn any non-Jedi affiliations before? And if so, are you just plain screwed?

I have a couple of times only had 1 Jedi objective in my opening 4, but have yet to get 0. The probability is low enough that it doesn't worry me too much (once out of every 210 games I'll get stuck with no Jedi resources).

JediKnight

JediKnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Exactly what dbmeboy said. You can be fine even with 6-4 split with the affiliation for the higher represented faction, since not drawing the objective will happen once in about 20 games. Higher risk involved for sure, but can be rewarding if you need a specific "faction only" objective.

RomanSandal

RomanSandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

First round is over :) Won both sides, I want to thank Josh for a great 2 matches!

Well done, What did you run mate?

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Well done, What did you run mate?

Because this is a tournament I will not be sharing my build, I am sure you understand :)

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Hey guys. My hotmail has been hacked, so if you could please change my email to odridder@gmail.com, and/or message me in forum, that would be super! I didnt receieve my matchups or results.

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Because this is a tournament I will be sharing my build, I am sure you understand :)

You mean you won't be sharing your build? :huh:

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

You mean you won't be sharing your build? :huh:

That is what I said yes.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

That is what I said yes.

thats actually not what you said.

Because this is a tournament I WILL be sharing my build, I am sure you understand :)

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

thats actually not what you said.

Damn......I must have typed to fast LOL!.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Damn......I must have typed to fast LOL!.

yeah, so don't be a liar now, tell us the decks you used.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

yeah, so don't be a liar now, tell us the decks you used.

Only way this will happen is if I get sent 4 dozen doughnuts.

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
A cookie for you if your light side doesn't include cavern or Luke, and two cookies if your dark side doesn't include emperor or killing cold!

Elleron

Elleron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

A cookie for you if your light side doesn't include cavern or Luke, and two cookies if your dark side doesn't include emperor or killing cold!

My DS deck doesn't have Palp or Killing Cold. Where are my cookies?

Ketricel

Ketricel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

If you switch "or" to "and" I could win cookies too!!

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
So am I missing something, or have round two pairings not been posted yet?