Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

[SW Deck] Flippin' Scum

Scum and Villainy Control

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
Afflilation:
Scum and Villainy (Core Scum and Villainy)

Total Objective Sets: 10

2x Lucrative Contract (57-1)

Outer Rim Space Pirates (57-2)
Corrupt Official (57-3)
Corrupt Official (57-4)
Explosive Charge (57-5)
Twist of Fate (57-6)

2x Hive of Scum and Villainy (80-1)

Greedo (80-2)
Paid Informant (80-3)
Paid Informant (80-4)
Bounty (80-5)
Captured (80-6)

2x Jabba's Reach (81-1)

Jabba the Hutt (81-2)
Jabba's Pleasure Barge (81-3)
Gamorrean Guard (81-4)
Prized Possession (81-5)
Reversal of Fate (81-6)

1x The Tatooine Crash (82-1)

Jawa Scavenger (82-2)
Jawa Scavenger (82-3)
Sandcrawler (82-4)
Utinni! (82-5)
Twist of Fate (82-6)

1x Trandoshan Terror (85-1)

Bossk (85-2)
Trandoshan Hunter (85-3)
Trandoshan Hunter (85-4)
Bounty (85-5)
Heat of Battle (85-6)

2x Feeding the Pit (86-1)

Bib Fortuna (86-2)
Krayt Dragon (86-3)
Gamorrean Guard (86-4)
Spice Visions (86-5)
The Almighty Sarlacc (86-6)

Click here to view the deck

Ilzhahkha

Ilzhahkha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
What is your reasoning behind the 1-of pods?

Like the deck, will have to try it out.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
Because having 4 Jawas in your hand gets really annoying. And Trandoshan Terror objective set is not as useful as Hive of Scum and Villainy. Hive has a bunch of 2 cost guys. Bossk is not as great if you are playing a vehicle deck and does not have Captured in his set.

This is version 4 of this deck. Every version has had the same sets except for a while I did have Jabba's Orders in as well. Other than that I have just changed the number of each set. Trandoshan Terror used to be 2 and Hive was 1. Tatooine Crash was also 2 for a while and Pit was 1 for a while.

Ilzhahkha

Ilzhahkha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Thanks for the explanation, are you happy with the current LS matchups?

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

View PostIlzhahkha, on 12 August 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the explanation, are you happy with the current LS matchups?

Yes I am. It has been doing very well. It has been hammered against Smugglers Run, Jedi/smugglers, Rebel hoth, HCF decks. It has been my DS deck for the past two rounds of OCTGN in one version or another plus used when playing locally.

Use Jabba's pleasure Barge and Krayt Dragon to destroy objectives in match play. Corrup Official helps you stall out Smugglers Run decks.

America

America

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Are you comfortable with the resources the deck provides? There aren't too many enhancements that provide resources, but do you feel you have enough with Bib, The Almighty Sarlacc, and the Pirates?

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

View PostAmerica, on 12 August 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Are you comfortable with the resources the deck provides? There aren't too many enhancements that provide resources, but do you feel you have enough with Bib, The Almighty Sarlacc, and the Pirates?

Yes, very much so. Honestly some turns I feel I have too many. I have five 2 resource providing objectives also.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts
I tried this on my stream today and was very frustrated with it.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

View PostTGO, on 14 August 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

I tried this on my stream today and was very frustrated with it.

Even though i am not enamored with scum (or this particular deck) myself, i think you went into that game with the mindset that you were going to lose with a scum deck, and in turn, made quite a few mistakes that may or may not have won you the game. I am of like minds with you however, i have tested so many iterations of scum, and they just aren't a top tier faction yet, so while you can win, it takes getting better draws than your opponent, where as many decks can still win with sub optimal draws.

IMO, what scum really needs is an enhancement that allows you to capture in some way. something like double focus it to capture an exhausted unit, or maybe after they strike, double focus the enhancement to capture them. there needs to be some sort of consistent reliable capture that allows you to place units where you need them on your objectives rather than trying to carbonite transport them from tatooine crash which is far too much luck to get the correct objectives. On top of that i would like to see their main characters, specially ones that cost 4+ get proper abilities in line with other good 4 cost units, and chuds that have useful abilities like cloud city operatives for instance. anyways, just my 2 cents.

Donom

Donom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey Toq,
Any ideas on what you would sub out of your list for Dengar? Or would you not include Dengar at all? I'm going to play around with the list today and see if any adjustments make sense.

-Sean

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

View PostDonom, on 22 September 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Hey Toq,
Any ideas on what you would sub out of your list for Dengar? Or would you not include Dengar at all? I'm going to play around with the list today and see if any adjustments make sense.

-Sean

I have been considering it and I think it certainly bears testing it out. I think Dengar has the potential to be real beast kind of like a super enhanced Yoda can be. I am just not sure about him yet. I tend to give my few cards that I capture a game to Feeding the Pit so the Sarlacc can eat them. The deck is not really a capture deck but it does have some of course which helps with controlling the board.

I think Dengar could fit in to a different type maybe, one focused more on capture of cards and taking benefits from doing so. Maybe a Bounty Hunter deck. I would almost consider running Boba Fett's objective set just to be able to put Mandalorian Armor on Dengar.

All that being said I do plan to test Dengar in this deck once I get my hands on the pack. Maybe take out Bossk but some days his ability can really help you grab that one annoying unit. Greedo and his set could easily go but problem with that is it takes out quite a bit of the capture the deck has with it's copies of Captured and Bounty.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts
I find Bossk to be one of the best Scum units. I threw together a scum deck identical to this one except I took out bib's set for wee quay elites and tattooing crash for a 2nd Bossk.

Donom

Donom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Bossk is solid and the 2 focus to capture isn't too bad when you have lucrative contract out.

Toq,
I spent some time with the deck yesterday and I have to agree that Dengar doesn't really fit in with the build. I'll test some ideas out this week and post a Dengar focused deck for fun.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

View PostDonom, on 24 September 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Bossk is solid and the 2 focus to capture isn't too bad when you have lucrative contract out.

Toq,
I spent some time with the deck yesterday and I have to agree that Dengar doesn't really fit in with the build. I'll test some ideas out this week and post a Dengar focused deck for fun.

Thanks for the feedback on Dengar.

I do agree that Bossk is solid and really helps capture that one pesky unit at times. My original version of this deck had two of his set and one of Greedo's objective set. I think I am going to switch that back especially with units like Chewbacca and Lando added to the LS. LS had a lot of big guys that were good targets and seem to be getting more and more, making Bossk a better choice, plus he has two blast damage. Only problem is vehicle decks are also becoming bigger again so he can be dud in some games. Vehicle decks are quite common here right now with everyone trying out Speeders.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

View PostToqtamish, on 25 September 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback on Dengar.

I do agree that Bossk is solid and really helps capture that one pesky unit at times. My original version of this deck had two of his set and one of Greedo's objective set. I think I am going to switch that back especially with units like Chewbacca and Lando added to the LS. LS had a lot of big guys that were good targets and seem to be getting more and more, making Bossk a better choice, plus he has two blast damage. Only problem is vehicle decks are also becoming bigger again so he can be dud in some games. Vehicle decks are quite common here right now with everyone trying out Speeders.

His capture ability is useless against vehicle decks but his two black blasters are really good against them and he has Heat of Battle which is useful against Snowspeeders and Rogue Leader.

I have found Weequay Elites to be very useful against vehicles, the two blasters and the tactic icon usually means a couple of vehicles are out of commission.

Bazeleel

Bazeleel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Bringing this thread back because Table flip talked about it this week. Episode up this Wednesday.

Going to try this deck with a few different sets in it. Mainly Weeqee, and double up on bossk.

Possibly might try Nar Shadaa too.

Agentx710

Agentx710

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

View PostBazeleel, on 21 October 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Bringing this thread back because Table flip talked about it this week. Episode up this Wednesday.

Going to try this deck with a few different sets in it. Mainly Weeqee, and double up on bossk.

Possibly might try Nar Shadaa too.

Try this on for size.

Total Objective Sets: (10)

2x Cruel Interrogations (Core)
Interrogation Droid (Core)
Interrogation Droid (Core)
ISB Interrogators (Core)
Intimidated (Core)
Interrogation (Core)

2x Jabba's Orders (The Search For Skywalker)
Weequay Elite (The Search For Skywalker)
Weequay Elite (The Search For Skywalker)
Jawa Trading Crawler (The Search For Skywalker)
Jabba's Palace (The Search For Skywalker)
Get Me Solo! (The Search For Skywalker)

2x Jabba's Reach (Edge of Darkness)
Jabba the Hutt (Edge of Darkness)
Jabba's Pleasure Barge (Edge of Darkness)
Gamorrean Guard (Edge of Darkness)
Prized Possession (Edge of Darkness)
Reversal of Fate (Edge of Darkness)

2x The Tatooine Crash (Edge of Darkness)
Jawa Scavenger (Edge of Darkness)
Jawa Scavenger (Edge of Darkness)
Sandcrawler (Edge of Darkness)
Utinni! (Edge of Darkness)
Twist of Fate (Edge of Darkness)

2x Carbonite Transport (Edge of Darkness)
Slave I (Edge of Darkness)
Traitorous Wing Guard (Edge of Darkness)
Prized Possession (Edge of Darkness)
Tractor Beam (Edge of Darkness)
Target of Opportunity (Edge of Darkness)

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
You should start a thread for that and other Slave 1 decks AgentX. My buddy uses one that is very stompy. I am sure others here do too.

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
concur with toq. Your deck is very similar to something we have been knocking around as well, but it is very different than this deck. A new thread would be great for discussion without hijacking this one.

Also tagged with Scum and Villainy, Control