Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the unrevealed BoH pods..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I see it more like this:

2x Hoth ops
2x Delta
2x Prep for battle
2x Prep for Evacuation
2x Cloud City Defenses

cloud city defenses? i disagree with that objective. not only is it not hoth, it doesn't have good synergy with the rest of the deck. an argument can be made for a few other rebel objectives that aren't hoth (DoY4 for example) and have 2 cost units to use with APD among other useful cards, but the defense of cloud city is really one of the weaker sets imo. you have 2 over priced chuds, lobot which just becomes a double edged sword often times, an enhancement that is less than ideal, and a protection fate card.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
The one DS game I lost at GenCon was against a deck running 2 copies of Lobot. Granted that had more to do with my deck that usually dominates edge battles being unable to pull one out and not drawing into the other answers in the deck than anything Lobot did (he spent most of the game focused out of the action).

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

cloud city defenses? i disagree with that objective. not only is it not hoth, it doesn't have good synergy with the rest of the deck. an argument can be made for a few other rebel objectives that aren't hoth (DoY4 for example) and have 2 cost units to use with APD among other useful cards, but the defense of cloud city is really one of the weaker sets imo. you have 2 over priced chuds, lobot which just becomes a double edged sword often times, an enhancement that is less than ideal, and a protection fate card.

You'd be surprised how well it works. Looks like crap on paper, plays totally different...

That's nearly the same deck that I built when I first got the cards. I talked about it on our show this week.

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

I see it more like this:

2x Hoth ops
2x Delta
2x Prep for battle
2x Prep for Evacuation
2x Cloud City Defenses

Heh, and maybe jedi affilation ?

Teokrata

Teokrata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

for what ???

about cloud city - mass shielding works well escpacialy with preparation for battle, winged guards uses cards protecting characters from that set and survival gear, 14 speeder with edge from Hoth opps and Lobot can totally ruin opponent's defenses, etc

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

I think he was joking... :)

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
So which affilation will you choose with 4 Rebel, 4 S&S and 2 neutral objectives?