Jump to content

Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
* * * * *

Warden of Healing

  • OrionM42X and Cryptid like this
Warden of Healing
Type: Ally Sphere: Lore
Cost: 2
Willpower: 1 Attack: 0 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 1
Gondor. Healer.
Action: Exhaust Warden of Healing to heal 1 damage on up to 2 different characters. Then, you may pay 2 [Lore] resources to ready Warden of Healing.

"But for long years we healers have only sought to patch the rents made by the men of swords." - Return of the King
Set: TLD Number: 83
Quantity: 3
Illustrator: Paulo Peggini


So many good things about this card that makes it hard not to be an auto-include.
  • Lost Cost - Finally we see a Lore ally that doesn't cost us our whole turn of resources.
  • Healing - This ally can heal heal 2 characters at the same time (Plus they don't have to be heroes!)
  • Readiable (?) - as long as you have the resources you can Ready WoH again and again.
    • CoreSetHeroes and Cryptid like this
Greatest heal ally, and totally replaces Daughter of the Nimrodel (Core), unless for some reason you need your ally to be Silvan.
    • Cryptid likes this
Usually better than daughter, I agree. But she still trumps him when your dmg is on one hero instead of spread out.
True, but if we are worried about damage on one Hero you would be better suited to playing Lore of Imladris (Core) in your deck, which is still a cheaper option than the Daughter. Beyond Daughter's being able to heal bigger on one character, he trumps the Daughter in being able to possibly reuse his ability and having better stats and a cheaper cost.
Don't get me wrong I'd take the Warden over the Daughter 95% of the time anyway. The remaining 5% can probably be summed up with my Gloin (Core) deck.
    • Hastur360 and Meadbeard like this
Easily the best healing effect in the game, especially combined with Elrond.
    • Meadbeard, Vicaroth, ZenClix and 1 other like this

Best healer in the game thus far. Hard to find a replacement for the Warden!

© 2011 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc., all rights reserved. No part of this product may be reproduced without specific permission. Middle-earth, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises. Fantasy Flight Games, Fantasy Flight Supply, and the FFG logo are trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.