Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6th Deluxe Expansion - Denizens of the Underworld [+ some news]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Further news - http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4612

Posted Image

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Wow! Congrats Marius! A much deserved reward that it seems you took full advantage of. As a Tactic Immurement will be wicked in tandem with Naomi O'Bannion and House Advantage! Really great flavor and ground-breaking effects. This box is gonna be scary good and with each spoiler the pool of drool grows! :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Further news - http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4612

Posted Image

WasteMaLife

WasteMaLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Is that largest domain YOU control, or on the table? Also is it just me or is the art in this game just been OFF THE CHAIN from Terror in Venice? I mean it has always been good.. but recently.. wtf man!

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
There seems to be a lot of synergy between the cards revealed so far and they've been very good at capturing the feeling of the syndicate. Loving the artwork, with art this good it's a shame they don't go for full bleeds artwork across all the new cards.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Is that largest domain YOU control, or on the table? Also is it just me or is the art in this game just been OFF THE CHAIN from Terror in Venice? I mean it has always been good.. but recently.. wtf man!

Largest you control is how I read it.

Looks like a really cool card that cuts both ways, you're giving your opponent a free resource but you're also getting rid of almost any prolem card he has on the table. This will make for some really interesting decisions during a game...

Yeah, the artwork has been unusually good lately - plus I've always thought that Cthulhu has some of the best artwork of any of the LCGs anyway.

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
I like that the disadvantageous bits (giving up your big domain, giving your opponent an extra resource) get less disadvantageous if the game drags on to later turns, when you maybe wouldn't be playing 3 cards anyway.

A lot of my Syndicate decks tend to really start dragging after a certain point and I basically just sit there and hope for a Panic! or a Necronomicon. Immurement will hopefully give the syndicate a better shot as the game goes on.

Also big +1 for the art. Terror in Venice was incredible and Denizens promises to be just as good

jasonconlon

jasonconlon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
I'm thinking Immurement could also be very handy to retake your cards that were stolen and are being used against you - they'll actually return as a resource for you (the "owner"), instead of your opponent. You could even do this to cards you've intentionally given away control of, like Professor Nathaniel Peaslee (TKatG), to make sure they can't be sent back or otherwise used by your opponent.

With cards like Immurement (DotU) and Reallocate (DotU), I wonder if Southside Speakeasy (IotF) might finally see play.

Can't wait for Denizens of the Underworld to hit the streets!
  • Jhaelen and Mulletcheese like this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
Good point, stealing back a character and gaining a resource is quite a turnover. I'm getting tired of waiting, please show up in stores soon!

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
What ever happened to that new Elder Things Podcast with the new Denizen's spoiler? We are running out of time for it to be a true 'spoiler'! :(

This is a good point to mention that we will be spoiling another new card from Denizens of the Underworld on the next Elder Things podcast which we're working on right now :)

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
FYI, the 'upcoming' page has been updated on the FFG site. Denizens is now shipping to stores, and says should be available next week (30th).
  • Midian, mnBroncos and HomerJ like this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

What ever happened to that new Elder Things Podcast with the new Denizen's spoiler? We are running out of time for it to be a true 'spoiler'!

It's already too late, the card we had has been posted already.

I think for the moment it it best to consider the podcast on hiatus until we can figure out a way to get recording again.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Very sneaky Sis'! If you hadn't posted this I would have been giving my local store a hard time for not having it yet! That means it will have been 5 months and a week between releases. Were the deluxe box expansions originally supposed to release every 3 or 4 months? Hopefully come next week we'll be rewarded for our patience. :unsure:

FYI, the 'upcoming' page has been updated on the FFG site. Denizens is now shipping to stores, and says should be available next week (30th).

jasonconlon

jasonconlon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Another good use for Immurement - it could also target characters in play that have effects that "can only be triggered from your discard pile", like Lost Oracle (TKatG) and Yithian Scout (TKatG), to prevent them from ever reaching the discard pile.
  • Jhaelen, GrahamM and orso like this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
(: can't wait to get to edit my mono syndicate deck with these new cards.

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Another good use for Immurement - it could also target characters in play that have effects that "can only be triggered from your discard pile", like Lost Oracle (TKatG) and Yithian Scout (TKatG), to prevent them from ever reaching the discard pile.

Ooh, another excellent point.

orso

orso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

yeah. And it can take Nikola Tesla out of play. ;)
  • jasonconlon likes this

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
So... where are all the spoilers?

I'm used to aGoT where with less than a week to go before a pack is released you can find all the spoilers online. I'm kinda surprised that we haven't seen more spoilers for this set given that it's just around the corner.

Is it normal to have to wait so long for CoC spoilers?
Does anyone know where to find any more?

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

So... where are all the spoilers?

I'm used to aGoT where with less than a week to go before a pack is released you can find all the spoilers online. I'm kinda surprised that we haven't seen more spoilers for this set given that it's just around the corner.

Is it normal to have to wait so long for CoC spoilers?
Does anyone know where to find any more?

CoC doesn't have a European community so willing to break NDA to spoil images (unfortunately?) :ph34r:

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
I like it I like the feeling of surprise it gets boring with thrones not even having to open pack to know what is inside

Jan

Jan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I like it I like the feeling of surprise it gets boring with thrones not even having to open pack to know what is inside

I get the box so late that all cards are both spoiled and reviewed in articles on this site before I get them. :P