Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next FAQ?

- - - - - FAQ Bloodthirst Old Way

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

tehkernel

tehkernel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
There's some great discussion on this very issue over on Team Covenant: http://teamcovenant....-times-a-charm/

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

There's some great discussion on this very issue over on Team Covenant: http://teamcovenant....-times-a-charm/

You'd restrict all those events(the ones that are not Bleeds or Grounds)?

widowmaker93

widowmaker93

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1418 posts

Did you even read the article? lol
  • agktmte and ScarletRebel like this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Did you even read the article? lol

I breezed through the article, but I didn't read each sentence word for word. Since I didn't see anyone in the comments discuss the neutral events specifically, I had thought the entire list was what he thought should be restricted. I guess I was expecting to see a caption or title for each list as opposed to a paragraph describing them.

I guess the neutral events he discussed at the top should have been obvious enough to not be worthy of restriction. Hence why I brought it up here. :-)
  • kuvnynto likes this

icarus911

icarus911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
i believe its time to restrict the red keep and the red viper,or those bleeds and grounds as an alternative.

ScionMattly

ScionMattly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts
The Red Viper is already restricted, unless I missed something.

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Not in Joust. He's only restricted in Melee.

LaurenF

LaurenF

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 424 posts

Only in melee, which I think is not what most people are concerned about.

ScionMattly

ScionMattly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Only in melee, which I think is not what most people are concerned about.

Ah, my Melee-ness is showing.

tehkernel

tehkernel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I understand the confusion, and it's now been fixed. Check out those fancy section titles!
  • Bomb likes this

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
Restricting Viper would be a disaster.

At least give back some toys, so House Dayne/Sandsnakes might be a thing.

I hate how Martell is essentially "stall enough, dupe Viper, break all hell loose" but what's left?
  • Alaka likes this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

I understand the confusion, and it's now been fixed. Check out those fancy section titles!

Alright! High five!
  • tehkernel likes this

ScarletRebel

ScarletRebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Yeah with calls to restrict Viper, Burning, Bloodthirst AND Prince's Plan I feel like you are just asking for no one to play Martell. Why all the hate? :(

tehkernel

tehkernel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Yeah with calls to restrict Viper, Burning, Bloodthirst AND Prince's Plan I feel like you are just asking for no one to play Martell. Why all the hate? :(

Burning has already been restricted. I originally thought restricting Viper AND Bloodthirst would help curb the monster, but after reading the really great comments below the article, I'm starting to think that restricting ONLY Prince's Plans might be enough.

But I'm not gonna lie, I kind of do hate Martell. However, I don't hate Martell players, so i wanted to find an FAQ solution that would be OK for all of us :rolleyes:

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
They can't stop us let them try, for House Martell WE WILL DIE.
  • ScarletRebel likes this

Serazu

Serazu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

They can't stop us let them try, for House Martell WE WILL DIE.

Exactly.

You will die.

Arzoo

Arzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Any talk about Martel restrictions needs to start with The Scourge coming off the list. I mean seriously, what the hell? Pentoshi Manor and Aegon's Hill are OK, but save us from the nightmare that is The Scourge!

Hitting the Prince's Plans strikes me as very unfair to Martel. Their best control is events, and their other recursion option is both seasonal and card disadvantage. They aren't like Lannister where they can drop repeatable, super powerful control locations, or Bara with recursion out the butt, or targ and stark where the control is hard so repetition is less critical. If Martel control can't count on getting an extra use or two for its power cards, then you have get the closers out much quicker, and the whole strategy of control becomes flimsy.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.
  • Butaman551, Holubaloo and ScarletRebel like this

widowmaker93

widowmaker93

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1418 posts

Any talk about Martel restrictions needs to start with The Scourge coming off the list. I mean seriously, what the hell? Pentoshi Manor and Aegon's Hill are OK, but save us from the nightmare that is The Scourge!

Hitting the Prince's Plans strikes me as very unfair to Martel. Their best control is events, and their other recursion option is both seasonal and card disadvantage. They aren't like Lannister where they can drop repeatable, super powerful control locations, or Bara with recursion out the butt, or targ and stark where the control is hard so repetition is less critical. If Martel control can't count on getting an extra use or two for its power cards, then you have get the closers out much quicker, and the whole strategy of control becomes flimsy.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.

I actually agree if they restrict Prince's Plans then The Scourge needs to come off the list along with Venomous Blade. If you bring the Blade back then there is incentive for the Martell player to actually have characters in play therefore making Bloodthirst less attractive or at least riskier and help bolster their other builds like Quentyn, Summer, or give them access to a good City of Shadows deck
  • SirDragonBane, scantrell24, tehkernel and 2 others like this

ScarletRebel

ScarletRebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I actually agree if they restrict Prince's Plans then The Scourge needs to come off the list along with Venomous Blade. If you bring the Blade back then there is incentive for the Martell player to actually have characters in play and therefore making Bloodthirst less attractive or at least riskier and help bolster their other builds like Quentyn, Summer, or give them access to a good City of Shadows deck

I can live with that. But Viper? No.

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Venomous Blade is a poison as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAQ, Bloodthirst, Old Way