Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggestions for the site

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

pope6

pope6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So I just registered for the following suggestion.

In Lord of the Rings I want the function (like in the old Deckbuilder) to SORT the cards manually in your decklist on the right. In Lord of the rings you have 4 spheres and when you add cards now to your deck, they are only added in the order you add them. For example, you have a Lore and Leadershipdeck and you first add a Lore-attachement to your deck, then a leadership-attachement and then again a loreattachement, the spheres are sepereated. I want back the old function of HOLD LEFT CLICK and than you can drag and drop the card in the spot you want. So you can order your cards the way you want.

If that doesnt work, maybe you could implement the function to order the deck by name, sphere, cost, etc. this would also help.

Well and while I am at it: Now it is possible to order the results by name, set, type and cost. Maybe you can implement the function to order the results by sphere?

Thx and goodbye

TwiceBorn

TwiceBorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but would it be possible to add a Search function for the Forums/sub-forums?

I love the deck builders, by the way… thanks to the site administrators for all their time and hard work!

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but would it be possible to add a Search function for the Forums/sub-forums?

I love the deck builders, by the way… thanks to the site administrators for all their time and hard work!

The search function exists. It has been disabled because of performance issues. Just use Google Search.

TwiceBorn

TwiceBorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Thanks for the reply, Jhaelen.

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Long time lurker, new-ish user. But I wasn't sure if this had been suggested or not, but it would be amazing.
Add a "collection" associated to a user, where the user has a list of the cards (packs/expansions/cores) from each game that they actually own and can build decks from. I often find myself wishing I could filter "owned" cards so I could build a deck specifically with cards I have. Plus, it would be kinda cool to check out other users collections? Or just a way to flaunt your own?

The site rocks though. One of the top most visited sites I go to.

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

I think it would be neat if you could set your own default view settings for the card spoiler section, instead of just having one default view for everyone.  I'm only into Star wars LCG, so everytime I use the card spoilers, I have to go to the bottom of the page, change the sort by from 'Card Name' to 'Card Block' (because of how that game/deckbuilding is set up), and up the results number from 30 to the max (personal preference).  Every single time I want to look up anything.  If I could set things for me to my default that would be a huge timesaver. 

Alternatively, if there was a way to set the SWLCG card spoilers to sort by card block for everyone, but leave the other games unaffected, that would help.

• Ladislaus and TheEmpireBringsSexyBack like this

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

How about removing all of those spam threads from the General Forum? This doesn't look good...

• Ratatoskr and Asmoridin like this

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

How about removing all of those spam threads from the General Forum? This doesn't look good...

AGREED.  Nothing says forum neglect like a ton of spam threads.

• Ratatoskr likes this

sparty

sparty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

The search function exists. It has been disabled because of performance issues. Just use Google Search.

Search does more than JUST search...it also powers a number of features on the site like Subscribed Content...  

Why don't you upgrade your hosting solution to provide the necessary resources for the site to perform with full functionality?  It'd definitely pay off in being able to give folks the full suite of tools that IPB has available! :)

• Kennon2nd likes this

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts
Why don't you upgrade your hosting solution to provide the necessary resources for the site to perform with full functionality?

Don't aske me, ask Darkbane!

I suspect it's a question of money, though.

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Does pasting into the reply box here not work for anyone else?  It is incredibly annoying.  Normal pasting was sufficient for me and I don't need whatever superpasting script/functionality we've got going on here

• TheEmpireBringsSexyBack likes this

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Please I am begging you.  Fix this.

• TheEmpireBringsSexyBack likes this

wolfheartcw

wolfheartcw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I just joined here. Nice to meet all of you. Was wondering if you guys have a sub-forum for new members?

anyway on to my suggestion. I'd like to see more card games sub-forum add to this site. For example adding a sub-forum ccgs like Middle Earth or Wyvern.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

You know what would be a great addition to all the deck builders?  A way to generate/input a collection code.

Lately I've been helping several people who post and say "I have these 15 or so assorted expansions for Cthulhu", can someone help me tune my deck?

But, it's kind of annoying to have to open up the deck building and manually find and select all their expansions, which may or may not be in order.  And then when they reply back, do it AGAIN because you don't want to keep that browser pane open for days at a time just in case.  Gets a bit wearisome, you know?

So what I'd like to see is a way for a player to select all their expansions once, click a button, and the site gives them a relatively short code or number or something.  Then they can say here's my collection: 467EB6F and someone who wants to work with their pool can just input that to the deck builder and be ready to go.

What do you think, sirs?

• Jhaelen likes this

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

One of the features that some of us in the Star Wars community would like is a special section under each card entitled, "official errata and rulings." It could be a place where we would be able to take the FFG answers in the official FFG rulings forum and post them under the specifically referenced cards. It would make it easy for new players. A bunch of us in the community would be willing to help.

• mischraum, chunkygorillas and Fayde like this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Can we get an L5R forum added?   The fantasyflightgames.com forums have one already.

• Tragic, IdeYoshiya, Sithborg and 4 others like this

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

I don't want to be negative, but is there actually a reason to have this thread anymore? Darksbane hasn't made a comment on this thread for over a year. 

Kaloo

Kaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

If the thread is still active, I'd like to make a recommendation.

A search bar for forum posts would be so much more efficient that the current list header organiser system. Speaking from experience in the Conquest rules questions thread, trying to find a question that has already been posted is a damn pain. The easiest way currently is to either Google it (which is counter productive) or create the question desired, only to see one already asked pop up in the related threads.

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

I don't want to be negative, but is there actually a reason to have this thread anymore? Darksbane hasn't made a comment on this thread for over a year. 

That's because he's not been the site admin for over a year. FFG now own the site, and in their defence they've got a lot of stuff to be looking at other than tweaking errors on something that doesn't directly generate revenue.

I don't know if this thread still gets read.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

FFG now own the site, and in their defence they've got a lot of stuff to be looking at other than tweaking errors on something that doesn't directly generate revenue.

Yeah, like producing more Star Wars crap.