Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

GonCardoso

GonCardoso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

why not use OCTGN ? 

• Larryrip and OrvilleCor like this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

why not use OCTGN ?

Well it is a personal preference thing. OCTG is a fine app and there is nothing wrong with it I just much prefer LackeyCCG. I think it is way better in almost every way...

Here are a few things about LackeyCCG I like..

• Runs on Mac, Windows and iPad natively and runs 100% fine in Linux though wine as a preset (so no set up.. just install wine, install LackeyCCG and your done). Also uses a global server system so you can play vs any player using any other OS. (iPad vs Windows for example)
• Has save functions. So you can save your game at any time, and has unlimited save slots. This is great for LoTR as you can save your game ready go go with the quest set up.. deck test. Reload... try again.
• Has crash recovery. The app dosn't crash often.. like as in hardly ever for me.. but it has auto save every time you start a new turn. So if the game dose crash you can reload.
• Has support for booter packs, so you can run Sealed Pools nad even Drafts.
• Has native support for Multihand Solitae for LoTR (and others) all you do is load the dekc into the dummy player and play. No loading multipul apps and alt tabbing.. it is designed to support this. You can even add more players and deck test your 3 player decks and w/e.
• The system is so easy to edit you can add your own custom cards as simply as putting the images in a directory and then editing a text file to have the card name and the image name.. you done. Takes about 5 second.
• Has a awesome audio system for playing with randoms. You can record your own voice or use w.e sounds and then that will be transmitted to you oponant. So you can set up a sound board to communicate easily with out typing or organising voice coms.
• Has a macro system for recording your own little macros, as well as making temporary buttons to do w/e. Playing a deck using a card that allows you to peak at top 5 cards.. make a macro button for it in about 2 clicks for that function.
• Has zero automation so you play just like in real life. No trying to work out how the plugin works.. just play the game.. it is a virtual table top and plays exactly like that.

There is a ton more, but you get the point. IMO it is such a superior app it always kind of shocks me it is less popular than OCTGN. Still each to their own!
  • Larryrip likes this

GonCardoso

GonCardoso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Well it is a personal preference thing. OCTG is a fine app and there is nothing wrong with it I just much prefer LackeyCCG. I think it is way better in almost every way...

Here are a few things about LackeyCCG I like..

• Runs on Mac, Windows and iPad natively and runs 100% fine in Linux though wine as a preset (so no set up.. just install wine, install LackeyCCG and your done). Also uses a global server system so you can play vs any player using any other OS. (iPad vs Windows for example)
• Has save functions. So you can save your game at any time, and has unlimited save slots. This is great for LoTR as you can save your game ready go go with the quest set up.. deck test. Reload... try again.
• Has crash recovery. The app dosn't crash often.. like as in hardly ever for me.. but it has auto save every time you start a new turn. So if the game dose crash you can reload.
• Has support for booter packs, so you can run Sealed Pools nad even Drafts.
• Has native support for Multihand Solitae for LoTR (and others) all you do is load the dekc into the dummy player and play. No loading multipul apps and alt tabbing.. it is designed to support this. You can even add more players and deck test your 3 player decks and w/e.
• The system is so easy to edit you can add your own custom cards as simply as putting the images in a directory and then editing a text file to have the card name and the image name.. you done. Takes about 5 second.
• Has a awesome audio system for playing with randoms. You can record your own voice or use w.e sounds and then that will be transmitted to you oponant. So you can set up a sound board to communicate easily with out typing or organising voice coms.
• Has a macro system for recording your own little macros, as well as making temporary buttons to do w/e. Playing a deck using a card that allows you to peak at top 5 cards.. make a macro button for it in about 2 clicks for that function.
• Has zero automation so you play just like in real life. No trying to work out how the plugin works.. just play the game.. it is a virtual table top and plays exactly like that.

There is a ton more, but you get the point. IMO it is such a superior app it always kind of shocks me it is less popular than OCTGN. Still each to their own!

hmm okay.. i never played lotr lcg so i dont know what are the differences but in octgn i saw peoplee asking for play it there , thats why i ask...
anyway its a game i would like to know how to play but seems hard 

• Larryrip likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

it is not about the plugin, it is the application. I would choose lackey over octgn for any game.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I agree, and it irks me that such an inappropriate program has become the de-facto standard in the community.

Lackey runs on all platforms (I'm downloading the LotR plugin images on my iPad right now) and doesn't try to automate the game, both of which are significant advantages.

I'm not saying that OCTGN is bad software, I'm sure it's well written and polished and all that, they just seem to have a track record of making the wrong philosophical choices.

otha62

otha62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey Tragic,

Longtime player of LotR LCG, but just recently came across LackeyCCG and your plugin and I've been really enjoying it the past week or so.  A couple of questions for you, when you get a chance...

Is November 2014 the latest plugin?  If so, do you know yet when you might possibly be updating it?  Don't mean to bother you, I know you have a life outside this game, but I was just wondering since I'm experimenting with a deck builit around the hero Haldir of Lorien (from Trouble in Tharbad) and wasn't quite sure when that might become uncensored for this plugin...

Thanks again for your work on the plugin.

Cheers,

Mitch

Beredan

Beredan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

Been lurking around for a while but finally decided to make an account. I love playing LotR:LCG on Lackey since it lets me play with friends who don't live remotely nearby and I'd love to see the plugin being updated with the latest cards. That being said, I would be willing to do the data entry for the cards if the scans could be provided as I have no way of scanning them myself.

Courchevel

Courchevel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello there,

I just recently tried lackey ccg to play lotr lcg. It is awesome. Just as otha62 and beredan, I would love having an update with most recent cards.

Mike

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yeah. Lackey is a great program. And Trafic is doing a top notch job with the plugin. Anyway, just to let you know, the wil never be a plugin with the most recent cards. They will always be about 6 months behind. This due to the agreement with FFG to let the cards be in sale for minimum half a year before spreading them digital. This way FFG won't take any actions to close down lackey. OCTGN might be in for a surprise in the near future as they don't really respect this policy AND they are making money on it as well with their subscriptions. Back to Lackey, the only way to get the most recent cards (beside adding them yourself which is easy if you can get the scans) I to get them with the card text blurred. Tragic does this also but that is entirely up to him when he gets the time to do it.

If you are REALLY impatient (like me from time to time :) ) try out the app CardWarden for iPad. Great app.

Bullgator

Bullgator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

BurnsHood

BurnsHood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for all you do, Tragic. I'm loving your plugin. And yes, I would very much like it if you made a separate PC version of the plugin with the full buttons instead of the abbreviated ones.

divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

I am interested in playing via Lackey. Send me a message. 

whittaker007

whittaker007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dropbox link is broken. Can anyone supply a copy of the updatelist.txt (any version)?

• kptom likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
looks like I finally found a free solution to get my lackey plus back up.. watch this space!

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

UPDATE

Finally found what I think could be a replacement host for DropBox... 5GBfree.com.

I have uploaded the lackeyCCG Plugin to this server as well as incorporated some slight changes.

ADDED : Cycle 04

• Voice of Isengard (Delux)

• The Ring Maker Cycle

CHANGED : New Keybindings
CHANGED : Removed the Truncated Button Names

Apart from that it is pretty much the same as it ever was.

KeyBoard Functions

You can set your own keyboard functions to anything you wish, by clicking PREFERENCES button and then clicking KEYBINDINGS. These are just what I use. Feel free to change ANY button but the F11!! and the F12.. if you change these you will break some of the scripting functions. Remember you can always update form the url at any time to reset everything to defaults.

Keybindings in Lackey are pervasive across the application, so if you use "t" for take control, then every time you type "t" in the chat window it will trigger the hotkey. So I am using CTRL+T and CTRL+SHIFT+T to turn On and Off tokens. There is a bug in LackeyCCG at the moment that makes windows systems beep if you use ALT+t.... so for now it is SHIFT+T.. but will go back to ALT once the bug is fixed. (It may not be the app has not been updated since 2009)

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

] = Next Phase (auto save each advanced phase)
[ = Last Phase
F4 = Advance Turn

F2 = Next Turn
F3 = Draw 1 Card to Hand

F4 = Draw Quest Card

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card
F7 = Draw 2nd Encounter Card
F8 = Draw 2nd Shadow Card

F12 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

CRTL+T = Take Control of Card

CTRL+R / CRT+SHIFT+R = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+W / CRT+SHIFT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+P / CRT+SHIFT+P = Progress Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+A / CRT+SHIFT+A = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+S / CRT+SHIFT+S = Red Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+D / CRT+SHIFT+D = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+Z / CRT+SHIFT+Z = Blue Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+X / CRT+SHIFT+X = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+C / CRT+SHIFT+C = Green Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+ALT+1 = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CTRL+ALT+2 = Clear Drawn Markings

F10 = Roll 6 sided Dice
F9 = Flip Coin

F1 = Refresh (+Threat, Untap all and Draw 1 Card)
- / + =  Threat  Add / Remove
Ctrl + 1,3,5 = Peak  1, 3, 5 (Peak at the top 1, 3 or 5 cards of your own draw deck)
Ctrl+SHIFT+1,3,5 = Scry 1, 3, 5 (Scry the top 1, 3 or 5 cards form the top of the 1st encounter deck)

How to install?

• Install LackeyCCG - http://www.lackeyccg.../downloads.html
• Open the applicatio and click the button at the top (send from teh far right) called "PLUGIN"
• Copy this link to your clipboard - http://theblathering.../updatelist.txt
• Press the button in Lackey "Paste AutoUpdate URL".
• Then click "Install Update"

That is it! All done.

If the plugin says "errors in downloading"... just click the install button again. Sometimes Lackey fails to downlaod things for some reason. The links should all work.. so click it again and you should be good.

• Once you installed the plugin.. on that same screen click "Browse installed Plugins to Load One"
• Select - LoTRLCG
• Click - Choose

have fun!!

I'm going to use this as a test... if it works out then I'll move my other plugins there... 
http://theblathering.5gbfree.com/

NOTE

I do not really play this game much anymore. This plugin will probably not get another update.. unless I get help from another. The truth is that I have moved most of my play into TableTop Simulator. There is also OCTGN.

The big plus of LackeyCCG over OCTGN was that it was that it also had iOS support.

If you wish to help

If you wish to help with this plugin then PM me on this forum and speak up.. all I really need is someone to enter the data into the cardtext file, as I hate doing that. I can then produce all the cards needs and get the plugin updated on the server.

BurnsHood

BurnsHood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Links aren't working anymore.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

yeah... looks like the free webhost I was using has closed the account.. I am still trying to find an alternative.

BurnsHood

BurnsHood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the update. :D

Guess they were not so free after all... :rolleyes: 

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
Ok.. I think I have found a solution to this problem....

I am now hosting on GITHUB.... . I think this will work fine.. but there is a bandwidth limit.. so if you have errors.. just wait and try again in a few hours or the next day or something.

I do not think it will ever be an issue as there are so few people who will use this plugin.

The new UPDATE url is :

I found github super confusing as it is a complex site designed for subversion control and group access of programming projects... so let me know if there are any issues!

have fun and ROLL HIGH
--Tragic