Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Regionals: Dream Wizards, Rockville, MD - May 17

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Hello Cthonians and Cultists!

Please mark your calendars for the DC/MD area Regional Call of Cthulhu tournament.

When: Saturday, May 17, 9am

Where: Dream Wizards

Address: 11772 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852,

Phone: 301.881.3530

RSVP to let us know you are coming! On Site Registration: 9 -10 am. Play starts at 10:00. Please be there a little early to sign up and prepare your deck list before the 1st round begins. (RSVP is optional but allows the store to have a better idea of attendance to plan.)

Entry Fee: $18, cash (paid on the day of the event)

Tournament Description: Swiss-style rounds (number of rounds to be determined by attendance), followed by a cut to the top-ranked players. Finalists will compete in single-elimination rounds to determine the Champion.

NOTES: Card sleeves are mandatory at Regional sanctioned tournaments. Deck Lists are required. The most recent rules and FAQ documents will be in effect. Please familiarize yourself with these important documents: Core Rules, FAQ, Tournament Rules, Deck List Form.

Prizes: This event will award prizes from the Regionals Championship Kit. Additional Door Prizes will be awarded TBA.
  • Top 64: Alternate art card.
  • Top 16: Set of Clue Tokens.
  • Top 8: Top 8 playmat.
  • Top 4: Set of wooden domain cards.
  • Champion: Regional Championship acrylic trophy and 1st-place certificate granting one bye at the National Championship.
More Info: Phone: 301-881-3530, email: laurel@dreamwizards.com

Visitor Information: Hotels, Transportation, Sightseeing - Please see Dream Wizards website.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
I'm hoping to meet some of the OH guys, as well as PA, and maybe even Dave from FL?

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I'd be willing to go, but travel for me is very difficult due to a medical issue. I had to car-pool just for Dayton let alone out of state.
That being said, if anyone in the OH area does want to go, I'm happy to tag alone and cover half the gas and buy some lunches to make up for my little to no wheel time.

I will for sure be at the Regional in Dayton, but more practice I can get in, the better!
  • Danigral likes this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I'd be willing to go, but travel for me is very difficult due to a medical issue. I had to car-pool just for Dayton let alone out of state.
That being said, if anyone in the OH area does want to go, I'm happy to tag alone and cover half the gas and buy some lunches to make up for my little to no wheel time.

I will for sure be at the Regional in Dayton, but more practice I can get in, the better!

Anyone else from OH coming? Jeff? Jim? Brandon? :)

There are some good deals on hotels in Rockville/Gaithersburg. I'm talking like $60-70 a night so that you don't have to do all-night drives. We are already in discussions about outings Friday night and Saturday night. It promises to be a very fun weekend!

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
If it's the same Jeff and Jim I know from the other store, I just sent them all a message on the shops' facebook, so if they're going should hear from them soonish.
I think I met Brandon but didn't get to game with him yet. Hard to take in all the new names heh

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
There is some talk locally (Dayton) of attending the Louisville and/or Pittsburg regionals. I'll bring up the DC/MD regional to see who's willing and able.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

There is some talk locally (Dayton) of attending the Louisville and/or Pittsburg regionals. I'll bring up the DC/MD regional to see who's willing and able.

Some of the PA guys, including Tom, Joe, Corey, possibly Rhett, are coming already. Let's make this Worlds 2.0! :) It'd be great to meet you all.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
so everyone is on the east coast haha hope you guys have great turnout!

Wilbur

Wilbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
We're working on a road trip. Might have three with us from Pgh!

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Well if anyone passing through my area for any above mentioned road trips, lemme know =p

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
I will be in attendance!

Sinestro

Sinestro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
It really sucks that these kind of events never occur in Sweden.. :(
If only Swedes were as productive and organizing as Americans.
Good luck and have fun either way!

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Been trying but haven't been able to find anyone in state going or to find a ride. Don't think I'm going to be able to make this one =(

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Been trying but haven't been able to find anyone in state going or to find a ride. Don't think I'm going to be able to make this one =(

Don't give up hope. There's still plenty of time! :)

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I'd have to get it schedule off work before next posting, time is nearly up lol

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Any of you OH guys going to make it?

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Almost here!

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
I'm working Sat not to mention it's a 7.5 hr drive so I believe none of our other local players will be making it out. Would have been nice to mingle with the extended community but hopefully we can road trip up for Worlds with our contingent if not Nationals.

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Dan,

Yeah can't make it this year. However now that I'm experiencing how events are done (this is technically my first year with the game) I can plan better for everything next year. Hopefully life will be a bit less chaotic, and with the decent following I have going in my BFE neck of the woods, hopefully have some car pool buddies.

That being said, I will be at the OH one for sure, and I'm toying with the idea of trying to make PA

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
How did this go today? Sadly still jet lagged and already wrangled next week as a my card day while holidaying. Wish I could have come over for it though.

We went to watch Godzilla instead, so not a huge loss overall. You guys can order pizza to be delivered to your movie seat? That ****'s crazy.... but tasty.